PDA

View Full Version : What drugs have you taken?

Pages : [1] 2

Hypnotic
07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
At Ahknaton's behest. ;) I won't even attempt to make a poll, as I am not familiar with all the varietals out there for consumption.

As well, the thread topic is simple: "What drugs have you taken?" not "Why do you think drugs are bad or good?" Keep your justifications or condemnations to yourselves, or create another thread for them.

For myself:

Marijuana - a handful of times
Alcohol - damn near constantly, which is not good
Mushrooms - once, no effect.

Geist
07-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Hash, Weed- All through my teens, and I will take any spliff offered to me, a very mild drug.

Ecstacy - A few times, parties, the odd club.

MDMA - A few times aswell, same as above.

LSD - About 5-6 times, a bit too intense, but mind-opening in some ways.

Shrooms- Once, at a party, intense but shorter time-span. More spiritual than LSD.

Aule
07-12-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't smoke tobacco.

Alcohol

I drink only occasionally. My stepfather is an alcoholic which has sort of turned me off to alcohol. I've never even been drunk (though I have been pretty buzzed) and I don't think I want to be. The idea of losing control of my body and/or blacking out really bothers me.

Marijuana

Twice. I took a few hits off a friend's pipe and smoked a blunt with one of my managers a couple of weeks ago. It's nice on certain occasions.

Hydrocodone (vicodin with acetominophen)

Only very rarely. It has a high rate of physical addiction and I don't have much of it.

Tramadol (ultram)

I've been taking this on and off for the past month or so. It's a very nice drug and has a low rate of physical dependancy. It also does a pretty good job of alleviating chronic back pain and social anxiety/shyness.

Cyclobenzaprine (flexeril)

Sucks. Good cure for insomnia though.

Fade the Butcher
07-12-2006, 04:59 PM
I "experimented" with various drugs as an undergraduate: alcohol and cocaine mostly, but others like esctasy on occasion, and the occasional pill. I have always found myself disgusted by tobacco and have never been a smoker. The only drug I ever developed a habit of consuming is alcohol, especially during college football season, which is a ritual practiced by virtually every college student in the American Southeast.

Confession: I still find few things more satisfying than alcohol, barbeque, and the Iron Bowl.

Incitatus
07-12-2006, 05:29 PM
I used to drink a lot on parties, but now I stopped drinking because of health problems. I do smoke tobacco, but I'm not addicted to it (I don't smoke every day). I tried weed a few times some years ago, but I had bad experiences with it. When I developped the right ideological views, I of course stopped smoking weed, which I've learned is not as harmless as they tell us. I still smoke tobacco though, but it doesn't effect my mental state and lifestyle so it's not a problem.

nooneatall
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Alcohol and that's it, I've started to drink quite a bit

James
07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I've been on weed for 6 years and I quit. I tried cocaine for 3 months almost everyday before I give up, now I'm just on tabacco ( hand-rolling cigarettes ) and alcohol in moderation.

Scryllak
07-12-2006, 06:31 PM
My family has a historical problem with alcohol abuse, so I've avoided it completely. The last time I touched the stuff was when I was ten-years old--my Dad left some beer on the kitchen counter, and I thought it was ice tea. I spat it up.

Never smoked, nor did I have any adolescent urge to try. It's so opaquely disgusting.

Never touched anything illegal, either. Too expensive, too addictive, too illegal. Life's hard enough as it is.

///M power
07-12-2006, 06:44 PM
i didn't even tried to smoke a cigarette in my life!
alcohol in rare occasions maybe 1 drink in a month.
and i never got drunk ever,i mean really drunk,when you vomit and all this things.

Winston
07-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Alcohol of course. Although I am semi-teetotal these days. As a teen I smoked a lot of weed, took the occasional ecstasy tablet and tried some cocaine. Ecstasy is a lot of fun and I consider it to be a better choice than alcohol. If people took it at the weekends rather than get drunk there would be a lot less violence on the streets.
I also diid magic mushrooms a couple of times. They were enormous fun.

Thomas777
07-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Cannibis/Hashish: I used to partake pretty often in my youth
Alcohol: Occasionally, once again, I used pretty heavily as a teenager.
PCP: Very bad trip...only once at age 17
Mushrooms: probably 7 or 8 times...last time was about 10 years ago.

Testosterone: Various blends...omnadren, propionate, cypionate, enanthate
Methandrostenolone: trade name Dianabol
Trenbelone Acetate: veterinary variant
Winstrol V: oral and injectable variant
Oxymetholone: trade name anavar.

I sort of used myself as a guinea pig...although I consider the latter category to be a different sort of thing from the former.

Jimbo Gomez
07-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Never smoked, only rarely use alcohol, and sure as hell never touched narcotics.

///M power
07-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Cannibis/Hashish: I used to partake pretty often in my youth
Alcohol: Occasionally, once again, I used pretty heavily as a teenager.
PCP: Very bad trip...only once at age 17
Mushrooms: probably 7 or 8 times...last time was about 10 years ago.

Testosterone: Various blends...omnadren, propionate, cypionate, enanthate
Methandrostenolone: trade name Dianabol
Trenbelone Acetate: veterinary variant
Winstrol V: oral and injectable variant
Oxymetholone: trade name anavar.

I sort of used myself as a guinea pig...although I consider the latter category to be a different sort of thing from the former.

are you serious?? i dont consider them as drugs,they are medicine,its medical stuff you get in pharmacy with doctors prescription,so even if you abuse this stuff its still isn't "drugs" like cocaine and all this stuff.
how many cycles have you done? is that you in the picture?

Winston
07-12-2006, 07:20 PM
are you serious?? i dont consider them as drugs,they are medicine,its medical stuff you get in pharmacy with doctors prescription,so even if you abuse this stuff its still isn't "drugs" like cocaine and all this stuff.

Medicines are drugs, and using them unprescribed by a doctor is no different to the use of cocaine, heroin or any other drug.

Heavens to Betsy
07-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Cigarettes - about 20+ a day (more when I'm drinking). Disgusting habit? Probably, but everybody needs a hobby

Alcohol - Whiskey for preference (I used to be a vodka girl but then I saw the light). Often.

Cannibis - I did the stoner thing when I was in school untill I realised that I absolutly hate being stoned. I have the odd puff if there's a some going but my little brother rolled me a joint on Saturday night and I felt like crap untill it wore off.

MDMA - Not as often as I'd like to because I'm too lazy to have a dealer but I take them if they're going.

Acid - Had a very interesting 'acid oddessy' last summer, but the people I took it with aren't interested an more and once my last hit's taken I shall have none left and not a whole lot of interest in sourcing more.

Mushrooms - Once, good stuff.

Valium - I get the ends of mate's perscriptions when there's some to spare to help me sleep and stay calm.

il ragno
07-12-2006, 07:39 PM
I regret only one drug: nicotine. The most useless, the most harmful, the hardest to quit by far and - surprise! - the one that's perfectly legal.

The others (most of which I've quit only out of propriety: nothing looks sillier/sadder than a man in his mid-40s buying dope from a low-level criminal) at least showed me a good time. Nicotine however has been a 30-year albatross around my neck. Even if I were to quit now, the damage is done and permanent, and my life wouldn't extend itself by a single day. If I could go back in time and trade cigarettes for heroin, believe me I'd do it.

James
07-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Btw, this has already been discussed here (http://www.thephora.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1932&highlight=cokehead)

Helios Panoptes
07-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I really was taking a break at the time of that thread, but evidently, I decided not to elaborate for reasons I cannot recall. :D

Starr
07-12-2006, 07:53 PM
I would probably not handle anything harsher than marijuana to well. And I would certainly never use any drug that could cause a physical addiction(well, besides alcohol) I just don't see a need to take those chances. I have always had some interest in what heroin would be like however, I would never try it, though.

Damn, helios, you are like a walking drug store.:D

Helios Panoptes
07-12-2006, 07:57 PM
My blood is schedule I. :rofl:

Hippias
07-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Pot, alcohol, nicotine and LSD.

il ragno
07-12-2006, 08:08 PM
I "experimented" with various drugs as an undergraduate....

I'm glad you put quotes around experimented because nothing gets on my nerves more than slick semantic attempts at keeping a hole card up your sleeve and preserving some kind of deniability. "Experimented" my ass: you got high for the hoped-for purpose of.... getting high! Whether to catch a buzz, feel a soaring rush, or to outright see things that ain't there, it was all to serve the devil - AKA, for pleasure!

I expect "I experimented in my college years" from the likes of Sulla. Unless you snorted coke while wearing a lab coat, holding a beaker and recording the sensory effects you felt in a spiral notebook, you were experimenting with drugs the way a 16-year-old homeboy experiments with a Tec-9.

Der Sozialist
07-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Pot, ecstasy, and cocaine are the only illegal drugs (well—alcohol as well if you take in account my age) that I have consumed.

I am thinking about trying LSD .

Thomas777
07-12-2006, 08:14 PM

That's not me in the pic. I'm White and I weigh about 220 right now.

I cycle probably twice a year these days...and I agree that testosterone derivative are not the same as things like cocaine and opiates, but the gallery probably thinks "drugs are drugs" so I included them.

I think gear is pretty safe, but it depends on the dose, the individual and a number of other things. The fact is that when I have been on Tren, I get fantastic results, but it throws my blood pressure way out of whack...that is not good.

At the end of the day, it is sort of a grey area...on the one hand, a lot of people claim "Steroids will kill you". This really is not an accurate appraisal. On the other hand, people like John Romano or Dan Duchaine claim "Steroids have no potential side effects". That is just plain dishonest.

I think in moderation, Steroids are relatvely safe...with "relatively" being the operative word here.

Time will tell...I really don't think I am worse off than my colleagues who live on fast food, never exercise, and are essentially alcoholics.

Besides, life is too short to be small and weak.

OVERWATCH
07-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Smoked cannabis for twenty-two (22) years. Former heavy user, now a light to moderate user.

LSD about a dozen times, none in the last seventeen(17) years.

Mushrooms about half a dozen times, none in the last fifteen(15) years.

Cocaine a couple of times each year on special occasions.

Fastin (prescription amphetamines), about a dozen times, quaaludes, percocet, percodan, hydrocodone, atarax, diazepam, xanax, each about a 10-30 times each, all at least twenty-three(23) years ago, and with large quantities of alcohol as well. Don't try this at home, folks.

Ephedrine about a hundred times a long time ago.

Moderate to heavy alcohol use for fifteen(15) years, now only rarely.

Morphine injected directly once, and a few times in a drip, at the hospital.

400mg Ibuprofen now and then for inflammation of muscles.

Just recently broke a twenty-three(23) year habit of heavy caffeine addiction.

No nicotine.

Geist
07-12-2006, 08:56 PM
The others (most of which I've quit only out of propriety: nothing looks sillier/sadder than a man in his mid-40s buying dope from a low-level criminal) at least showed me a good time. Nicotine however has been a 30-year albatross around my neck. Even if I were to quit now, the damage is done and permanent, and my life wouldn't extend itself by a single day. If I could go back in time and trade cigarettes for heroin, believe me I'd do it.

I'm really starting to hate the cigs, I'd given up for two months back there, but now Im back, and I can never figure out what it is that keeps me coming back (I know its the nicotine but I mean I honestly dont enjoy it these days).

And yeah funny hows its the legal one.

Lionheart
07-12-2006, 08:57 PM

I cycle probably twice a year these days...and I agree that testosterone derivative are not the same as things like cocaine and opiates, but the gallery probably thinks "drugs are drugs" so I included them.

I think gear is pretty safe, but it depends on the dose, the individual and a number of other things. The fact is that when I have been on Tren, I get fantastic results, but it throws my blood pressure way out of whack...that is not good.

At the end of the day, it is sort of a grey area...on the one hand, a lot of people claim "Steroids will kill you". This really is not an accurate appraisal. On the other hand, people like John Romano or Dan Duchaine claim "Steroids have no potential side effects". That is just plain dishonest.

I think in moderation, Steroids are relatvely safe...with "relatively" being the operative word here.

Time will tell...I really don't think I am worse off than my colleagues who live on fast food, never exercise, and are essentially alcoholics.

How much experience lifting did you have before you started using steroids? What were your big three? I'm asking because I've seen plenty of people get fairly large and strong without having to take them. Also, do you compete in powerlifting/bodybuilding competitions, or is it merely a sort of hobbey?

Thomas777
07-12-2006, 09:09 PM
How much experience lifting did you have before you started using steroids? What were your big three? I'm asking because I've seen plenty of people get fairly large and strong without having to take them. Also, do you compete in powerlifting/bodybuilding competitions, or is it merely a sort of hobbey?

I lifted for 6 years before using. I competed as a powerlifter but strictly in bench press events. The reason why I started lifting is because I suffer from Perthes disease, and it can be quite crippling. I credit weightlifting with saving me from a life of real debilitation.

My best lifts are as follows:

Bench Press (raw): 360lbs
Incline Dumbbell Press: 135s x 4
Bent Over Barbell Rows: 335 x 5
Dumbbell shoulder press: 105s x 4

These are my heaviest compound lifts...I have developed arthritis in my right hip (incident to the Pethes) so my leg training is a bit unorthodox. Here is an example of my current leg routine:

Leg extensions: 2 work sets x 25
Leg press: 2 work sets x 20
Smith Machine Stiff Legged deadlifts: 2 worksets x 12-15
Leg curls: 1 workset x 15-20
calf raises: sets and reps vary

I train in a modified HIT style...very hard, brief and intense. Low volume, low reps (exception being leg day).

Furcht
07-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Weed, coke, and alcohol. I only drink once in a while nowadays.

Starr
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm really starting to hate the cigs, I'd given up for two months back there, but now Im back, and I can never figure out what it is that keeps me coming back (I know its the nicotine but I mean I honestly dont enjoy it these days).

And yeah funny hows its the legal one.

You don't hate them, you might think you do, but you do like smoking and that is what makes it nearly impossible to quit. I know I have it pretty bad, because I find that I cannot even enjoy certain things without cigarettes. Simple things, even like talking on the telephone. I absolutely have to be smoking a cigarette when I do this. Listening to music is another one. and these are just a couple of the many, many examples. Cigs have a very powerful psychological hold on me. If I could go back to the days where I started smoking I would kick myself.::slap: mad:

The longest time I went without a cigarette was when I had my wisdom teeth removed(just two days. lol)and it was not fun. I am like a junkie.

Billy Score
07-12-2006, 09:50 PM
*surprise* none. Not a drop of alcohol, not a puff of cigarettes, not an ounce of any illegal substance.

cryptoracist
07-12-2006, 09:59 PM
"What drugs have you taken?
Good Lord, how long have you got?

We shoudl divide this up into decades to save text... :p

Thomas777
07-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Lionheart:

I want you to know that I have great respect for lifetime natural trainers and I don't endorse drug use. I made my decision and I am going to see it through...I do not believe a lot of the poor press that is disseminated about performance enhancing drugs, but I do not endorse their usage either.

I just wanted to clarify that.

cryptoracist
07-12-2006, 10:03 PM
So, the better question when posing a question to a fine outcast & degenerate of EVERY society such as myself might be:

What drugs haven't you taken?

I've never tried:

Shrooms

hang on, I'm sure there's more...

Fuck!

Sorry guys, that's it. :(

(and I thougt a long timee there too... :o)

Sulla the Dictator
07-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I smoke a pack a day, drink a couple times a month (To get drunk, in social company), I did meth/speed for a year straight in 2002 and quit with no problem at all, I've done coke a dozen times, ecstacy twice (The only illegal drug I would ever do again), and pot maybe twice. Pot is the most disgusting drug I did. I actually puked on it.

cryptoracist
07-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Gotdamit!!

I did shrooms last summer.

Sorry. :(

But now things are very different, I don't do anthing except smoke trees now.

For real. :D

Starr
07-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Meth? jesus christ, you are lucky you were able to quit.:eek: That stuff is really nasty. What in the hell made you want to even try it?

cryptoracist
07-12-2006, 10:16 PM
^ There ya go!!

Never done meth... ;)

Hrolf Kraki
07-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Alcohol - I rarely get drunk, but I typically drink a few beers every other night or so.

Marijuana - I am not a user of this drug, but of course I've tried it before.

Mushrooms - This was an accident. A girl I know had foolishly smoked 'shrooms out of her pipe and then filled it with marijuana. There was still 'shroom residue and I didn't know about it. It made me VERY sick for about 15-20 minutes.

Hydrocodone - I was prescribed to this by a doctor once after I wrecked my motorcycle by being an idiot and once after I had my wisdom teeth removed.

I have been offered other drugs many times in the past, but I always refuse. I don't see why anyone would need to use any drugs in order to have a good time. They're all quite pointless to me. Alcohol would be the only exception to this because it is used to make great beers, wines, and spirits. It only becomes a problem when people begin to abuse it.

Sulla the Dictator
07-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Meth? jesus christ, you are lucky you were able to quit.:eek:

Really? We all just quit once the meth people tried to hang out with us. It was very easy.

That stuff is really nasty.

Not if you shower.

What in the hell made you want to even try it?

It was awesome. We would stay awake for a week at a time, talking about history or philosophy or any number of things, go to work, go to class, and meet up to start all over again. We even wrote a play. :D

Martin Kuklinski
07-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I will never quit smokin' marlboro's! I used to smoke a whole pack in one day. Now I've lessened down with it. It's true what they say, that if you smoke more pot, that you will evantually dont need any cigarettes. I've only did xtc twice, and am a firmly strong marihuana user. I remember using the X once, and biting my lips off during the process. Only after the effects of the drug, I noticed that my lips were bleeding rather badly.

Martin Kuklinski
07-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Really? We all just quit once the meth people tried to hang out with us. It was very easy.

Not if you shower.

It was awesome. We would stay awake for a week at a time, talking about history or philosophy or any number of things, go to work, go to class, and meet up to start all over again. We even wrote a play. :DWas it like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

James
07-12-2006, 10:25 PM

How easy is it to find meth in America ? By your local negroes ? Here in Europe it's still pretty hard to find it, unlike pot and cocaine.

Martin Kuklinski
07-12-2006, 10:30 PM
How easy is it to find meth in America ? By your local negroes ? Here in Europe it's still pretty hard to find it, unlike pot and cocaine.LMAO! I visit a bar/discoroom almost every saturday night, and you can get drugs from the barowners or creepy persons in the restrooms. I bet you never tasted the nights of Paris. You can compare it with Amsterdam.

cryptoracist
07-12-2006, 10:31 PM
LSD, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 2C-T-7, cocaine, cannabis, MDMA, ketamine, methqualone, salvia, AMT, 5-MeO-AMT, DXM, 2-CB, PCP, GHB, methcathinone, alprazolam, mescaline, methamphetamine, psilocybe mushrooms, DIPT, MDMC, MDA, dextroamphetamine, fentanyl, opium(smoked), heroin, alcohol. I have smoked cigars, but never a cigarette.
Hello!! :D

///M power
07-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Medicines are drugs, and using them unprescribed by a doctor is no different to the use of cocaine, heroin or any other drug.

it confuses me the word "drug" because in Hebrew we have completely different word for drugs such as heroin,cocaine,LSD and so, and medicine.
anyway testosterone isn't like cocaine because its not a foreign material that fucks your body and your mind,its a natural hormone your body produces,it has very good effects not only side effects,what you cant say about cocaine and all that shit.

Sulla the Dictator
07-12-2006, 10:38 PM
How easy is it to find meth in America ? By your local negroes ? Here in Europe it's still pretty hard to find it, unlike pot and cocaine.

Meth is dealt by and for whites. :p

We scored from this guy "EJ", whose last name was Wilhelm and he claimed to be related to the last Kaiser of Germany. When he couldn't get it for us we bought it from this crazy Meth couple who lived like they were in a 1950s sitcom (Spotless, immaculate house, even though it was in a shitty part of town). The man even wore a sweater vest and they had some 18 year old tweaker girl staying with them who could play the part of the daughter.

Sulla the Dictator
07-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Was it like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

On day six it was.

cryptoracist
07-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Cigarettes - about 20+ a day (more when I'm drinking). Disgusting habit? Probably, but everybody needs a hobby

Alcohol - Whiskey for preference (I used to be a vodka girl but then I saw the light). Often.

Cannibis - I did the stoner thing when I was in school untill I realised that I absolutly hate being stoned. I have the odd puff if there's a some going but my little brother rolled me a joint on Saturday night and I felt like crap untill it wore off.

MDMA - Not as often as I'd like to because I'm too lazy to have a dealer but I take them if they're going.

Acid - Had a very interesting 'acid oddessy' last summer, but the people I took it with aren't interested an more and once my last hit's taken I shall have none left and not a whole lot of interest in sourcing more.

Mushrooms - Once, good stuff.

Valium - I get the ends of mate's perscriptions when there's some to spare to help me sleep and stay calm.

I'm seriously feelin your vibe... :negro:

Martin Kuklinski
07-12-2006, 10:45 PM
It's a fact that the most drugs-abusers in the world are white. And blacks dont deal heavier shit, accept for crack, weed and such. The real aces' are the whitey's and hispanics who control the underworld. Dont the Russians for instance, control the drug trading in Las Vegas, Sulla? I cant picture the Italians doing that besides the illegal gamblings and casino circuits.

///M power
07-12-2006, 10:48 PM

if you know how to fight the sides,and you run blood test before cycle and after PCT you are safe,it really depends on the dose X length of the cycle,the real problem is with orals,the liver cant handle it,but i must say as far as liver values its not steroids specifically,its any oral drug.
i know someone that is using,he is a 50 year old bodybuilder that trains in my gym,he is using 30 years and doesn't have health problems.
i did 1 cycle of steroids,testosterone enathate,it was a beginner cycle ,and i didn't fill any sides,did blood test and everything was fine.
i know a lot of people that use a lot of steroids,usually there are no problems,usually.
how many cycles have you done and whats your stats?(hight,weight,bf%)

Starr
07-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Meth is dealt by and for whites.

The indians are getting into it big time up here. some of the tribal communities are plagued by it. For some it might even be surpassing their taste for fire-water.

Anonymous Poster
07-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Drugs are cool. Everybody take drugs right now.

Ahmadinebobina
07-12-2006, 11:17 PM
alcohol copiously for years now, marijuana maybe twice and possibly every medical drug known to man to the extent that i now have an ulcer.

drugs ARE bad, mmkay.

cryptoracist
07-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Drugs are cool. Everybody take drugs right now.
Well, to be honest I just finished lickin a Phillie shut just now.

But I don't consider marijuana to be a drug, well not anymore than steriods is. :p

Come on MP, you're hot and all but face it ...steriods is a drug, come on!!:D

il ragno
07-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Anybody noticce there are two parallel conversations going on here? Group A are swapping gettin'-high war stories; while Hercules the Jew and Colonel Tom are comparing notes on drugs that all end with "ol": Stanazol, Winstrol, Dianabol....

Sulla, you tweakin' skeev, you! Figures a low-rent speed freak and pillhead would keep insisting there are WMDs in Iraq - we need to just stay awake longer to find them.

Pretty much the only drugs I have any affinity left for are tobacco and high-end reefer. And the tobacco's got me in a physio-psychological half-Nelson or I'd've been free of it years ago. Stopped boozing so long ago that half a beer puts me to sleep these days; they just don't make worthwhile pills any longer, Vicodin and Tramadol just take the edge off life - they suck even for post-op pain, let alone recreationally; plus I'm too old to trust hallucinogens any longer, and never had any interest in X, or E, or whatever the fuck you call it.

But a glass piece full of trichome-coated dank with a pine bouquet, a mug of strong Brazilian or Jamaican coffee, and something choice coming out of the speakers - and I'm as close to riding on a puffy pink cloud as I get these days.

Thomas777
07-13-2006, 12:20 AM
if you know how to fight the sides,and you run blood test before cycle and after PCT you are safe,it really depends on the dose X length of the cycle,the real problem is with orals,the liver cant handle it,but i must say as far as liver values its not steroids specifically,its any oral drug.
i know someone that is using,he is a 50 year old bodybuilder that trains in my gym,he is using 30 years and doesn't have health problems.
i did 1 cycle of steroids,testosterone enathate,it was a beginner cycle ,and i didn't fill any sides,did blood test and everything was fine.
i know a lot of people that use a lot of steroids,usually there are no problems,usually.
how many cycles have you done and whats your stats?(hight,weight,bf%)

I have cycled on and off for seven years. I lost count. I'm 5'9 @ about 217-220lbs right now. Don't know my bf, but I switched my avatar to a current pic (sorry to be a douche, but I can't figure out how to post file photos).

I agree that gear in moderation is not dangerous at all...but heavy dosages over time take their toll.

Will 250mgs of Cypionate a week fuck you up? Nope. Will 100mgs of Dbol/day, 150mgs of Tren/day, and a gram or two of test fuck you up overtime? Yeah.

I have been reckless in the past with gear and I have felt the consequences. About 6 years ago, I was on dbol/winstrol/test for waaaayy too long...and I started feeling really fucked up...I think my liver functioning was compromised. I took a long break, started monitoring my blood and blood pressure, and I am a lot more reasonable now.

I think you can cycle indefinately so long as you are moderate.

Nyx
07-13-2006, 12:25 AM
what drugs have you takenNone (aside from prescription medication).

tempus fugit
07-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Since 1988 I have not drank alcohol, or done any drugs, other than some steroids.

I don't even take aspirin or coffee. :)

Sulla the Dictator
07-13-2006, 01:09 AM
It's a fact that the most drugs-abusers in the world are white. And blacks dont deal heavier shit, accept for crack, weed and such. The real aces' are the whitey's and hispanics who control the underworld. Dont the Russians for instance, control the drug trading in Las Vegas, Sulla? I cant picture the Italians doing that besides the illegal gamblings and casino circuits.

The Italians were never geared for the drug market here, since they wanted to keep things clean for their gambling concerns. When they got busted out of gaming by the FBI and the mega corporations, they were left with small potatoes. The Russian mob, the Yakuza, the traids, and the Israeli mob compete for different portions of the heavy drug market. Biker gangs are the primary movers/cooks for meth and speed, while the Israelis have a heavy share of the E market. The Russians and Yakuza and triads squabble over coke and heroin.

Blacks drug dealers stay in their own "neighborhoods", and you're right, they usually stick to weed and the hardest thing they sell is crack. Clubs and bars are where the drug market really is.

An interesting thing about Vegas is that outside of "old Vegas" (the neighborhoods right around downtown) we don't have 'neighborhoods' like many cities. Virtually everyone has a car. I have no idea what my neighbors names are. I lived at my old house for three years and couldn't name my neighbors there, either. So neighborhoods make for poor drug markets.

Thomas777
07-13-2006, 01:10 AM
Blacks in Chicago control the heroin trade...I mean they have it on lockdown.

Sulla the Dictator
07-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Blacks in Chicago control the heroin trade...I mean they have it on lockdown.

Where are your Asians?

Thomas777
07-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Where are your Asians?

Asians are invisible here. South Side Chinatown and North Side Korea town is where they are concentrated, and there are pockets of them in the suburbs but they are not a force in the underworld.

My good buddy is Korean, and he tells me that the Chinese are big into human traffic, sex slavery and other nasty stuff...but that sort of thing is rather discreet...its not out in the street if you know what I mean.

Sulla the Dictator
07-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Asians are invisible here. South Side Chinatown and North Side Korea town is where they are concentrated, and there are pockets of them in the suburbs but they are not a force in the underworld.

I suspect it might be our proximity to California, particularly San Francisco. Though I understand Asian organized crime is fairly strong in New York.

cryptoracist
07-13-2006, 01:18 AM
Where are your Asians?
Asians are rarely cool enough to do drugs...or sell em.

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 01:23 AM
The vast majority of my drug experiences comes from the 1980s & 90s. Drugs denoted with an asterisk are ones I've done a lot of and/or especially tend to enjoy.

tobacco
alcohol*
marijuana*
cocaine
methamphetamines*
LSD*
mushrooms*
PCP (only once, and I was tricked into trying it)
valium (no effect)
vicodin (ditto)
codeine (ditto again)
mandrake* (just kidding!)

A very small portion of all the Thai weed I smoked in the 1980s (mainly '82-'85) probably really was opiated, and thus I've likely consumed a very small amount of opium, just enough to make me feel extra stoned. According to people who sold it back then, all Thai weed was opiated. It wasn't, and isn't.

Never tried heroin; never shot anything up; don't intend to try either.

Ahknaton
07-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Drugs I've taken on a semi-regular basis:

Alcohol
Caffeine
Tobacco ("social smoker" - I only smoke when I'm drinking, and I'm trying to stop before it becomes habit-forming)

Drugs I've taken more than once, but never on a regular basis (probably less than 10 times):

Marijuana
E
Various mildly psychoactive herbal teas and cigarettes

Drugs I've taken exactly once on a "been there done that" basis to see what it was like:

Meth (smoked)
Cocaine
Speed (snorted)
Liquid MDMA
2-C-T-7

Probably my most memorable drug experience was eating pot-laced pizza at the "Happy Herb Pizzeria" in downtown Phnom Penh and then chilling out on the banks of the Tonle Sap river. :negro:

cryptoracist
07-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Drugs I've taken on a semi-regular basis:

Alcohol
Caffeine
Tobacco ("social smoker" - I only smoke when I'm drinking)

Drugs I've taken more than once, but never on a regular basis (probably less than 10 times):

Marijuana
E
Various mildly psychoactive herbal teas and cigarettes

Drugs I've taken exactly once on a "been there done that" basis to see what it was like:

Meth (smoked)
Cocaine
Speed (snorted)
Liquid MDMA
2-C-T-7

Probably my most memorable drug experience was eating pot-laced pizza at the "Happy Herb Pizzeria" in downtown Phnom Penh and then chilling out on the banks of the Tonle Sap river. :negro:
I make a helluva pot-laced tuna casserole... anything oily or buttery I can make a pot dish out of. :D

Thomas777
07-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Asians are rarely cool enough to do drugs...or sell em.

Asians like their drugs...I mean they reaaaly like em.

Why do you think that fixing for brown is known as "chasing the dragon"? Hmmmmmm....

Ever heard of an opium den?

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 01:30 AM

Indeed they do. Remember the Opium Wars?

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 01:31 AM
I expect "I experimented in my college years" from the likes of Sulla. Unless you snorted coke while wearing a lab coat, holding a beaker and recording the sensory effects you felt in a spiral notebook, you were experimenting with drugs the way a 16-year-old homeboy experiments with a Tec-9.

The first two times could be called experiments. Once you do something a third time, you're just partying.

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 01:38 AM
The first two times could be called experiments. Once you do something a third time, you're just partying.

Hey, I'll try anything twice. :p

cryptoracist
07-13-2006, 01:39 AM

Why do you think that fixing for brown is known as "chasing the dragon"? Hmmmmmm....

Ever heard of an opium den?
What is an opium den? (I'm seriously surprized that I don't know this) :p

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 01:41 AM

I believe it's a place where people would go to smoke opium. Correct me if I'm wrong, Thomas.

Thomas777
07-13-2006, 01:42 AM

Most of the opiates on the global market come from the "golden triangle" over in East Asia. The Chinese have long had a passion for opium...and in the early days of America, in cities with Chinese populations, they maintained brothels where women and opium were readily available to paying customers...they often were dimly lit, and furnished with cushions, beds, etc. So they were referred to as "dens".

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Meth? jesus christ, you are lucky you were able to quit.:eek: That stuff is really nasty. What in the hell made you want to even try it?

You know what tempts me to do meth? I have an incredibly fun week, and the house is sparkling clean to boot. Geez, how could you not be tempted to do it? And the euphoria one gets from smoking it is on a fucking cosmic level. I wish I could do more of it, frankly. I haven't done anything but alcohol in the last 5-6 weeks, in order to facilitate passing any job-related urinalsis tests. You should see how filthy this place is!

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 01:44 AM
You know what tempts me to do meth? I have an incredibly fun week, and the house is sparkling clean to boot. Geez, how could you not be tempted to do it? And the euphoria one gets from smoking it is on a fucking cosmic level. I wish I could do more of it, frankly. I haven't done anything but alcohol in the last 5-6 weeks, in order to facilitate passing any job-related urinalsis tests. You should see how filthy this place is!

Are you advocating the use of meth??

cryptoracist
07-13-2006, 01:44 AM
Most of the opiates on the global market come from the "golden triangle" over in East Asia. The Chinese have long had a passion for opium...and in the early days of America, in cities with Chinese populations, they maintained brothels where women and opium were readily available to paying customers...they often were dimly lit, and furnished with cushions, beds, etc. So they were referred to as "dens".
Mmmm sounds like something we should have...

Maybe I'll start a business. :)

edit: jk I would never really start a drug business of any type

Thomas777
07-13-2006, 01:45 AM

It depends on your preferences, Kevin.

I really, really like xanax and vicodin...why do I like them? I am too wound up all the time and they take me down a notch or ten.

Other people like to get "up" instead of "down"...my brother is one of these guys.

People tend to fall into one category or the other...I personally don't like speedy highs...makes me paranoid and anxious.

Some xanax, couple vicodins, and a vodka tonic however, and I love life.

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Mmmm sounds like something we should have here...

Maybe I'll start a business. :)

Haha, it would likely be shut down with a quickness. However, it is noteworthy to add that the sale of opium is largely what helped build America in its early days. To keep this short, the profits of opium made their way to the railroad companies which in turn allowed them to expand west which of course opened the west for settlers. President Franklin Roosevelt's grandfather was an opium dealer.

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 01:50 AM
On day six it was.

Yeah, after you've missed four nights of sleep, its good to think about coming down just long enough to get 3-5 hours of slumber. Then hop right back on board that mule! Giddyap, Francis!

A good friend of mine (the girlfriend of one of my two closest friends) once stayed up 21 days in a row....

cryptoracist
07-13-2006, 01:52 AM
We should at least have marijuana dens, though. :negro:

Lionheart
07-13-2006, 01:54 AM
It depends on your preferences, Kevin.

I really, really like xanax and vicodin...why do I like them? I am too wound up all the time and they take me down a notch or ten.

Other people like to get "up" instead of "down"...my brother is one of these guys.

People tend to fall into one category or the other...I personally don't like speedy highs...makes me paranoid and anxious.

Some xanax, couple vicodins, and a vodka tonic however, and I love life.
Have you ever tried breathing meditation? I've been prescribed xanax for anxiety problems in the past, and I can tell you that a thirty minute session of breathing meditation can bring about same calming effect of 2.5mg of xanax.

Ahmadinebobina
07-13-2006, 01:55 AM
xanax is wonderful. i miss it.

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 02:02 AM
I make a helluva pot-laced tuna casserole... anything oily or buttery I can make a pot dish out of. :D

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie there sister; sautee the stuff in butter before oral consumption. We'd sautee it in butter before adding it to the brownie mix. I ate too many one night, and couldn't go to school (Middle School, that is) for two days! Two! I sure did get a lot of sleep, however.

I once had the distinct pleasure of eating some white chocolate with hashish oil baked right into it, with the royal seal of the King of Morocco on the packaging. Wow! Almost as good as meth or LSD; way better than any other marijuana-related experience (and in all honesty, I'm quite likely The Phoran Who's Smoked the Most Weed Since 1982, hence I know of what I speak).

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 02:04 AM
xanax is wonderful. i miss it.

My wife has a big jar of it she never uses, and wouldn't mind me dipping into it sometime; I've been thinking of trying it. What's it like? How much does one take?

cryptoracist
07-13-2006, 02:14 AM
My wife has a big jar of it she never uses, and wouldn't mind me dipping into it sometime; I've been thinking of trying it. What's it like? How much does one take?
One doesn't take it.

One mails it to me...

:negro:

Johnson
07-13-2006, 02:15 AM
Crystal twice, coke once, pot a billion times in high school, delicious Amsterdam hash about 6 times (hard to find here), breaking a caffeine habit, and nicotine does absolutely nothing to me.

I'm not big on drugs, really.

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Are you advocating the use of meth??

Advocating? No, I wouldn't go quite that far. I just really like doing it. My life gets a lot better when I do. The same may not necessarily be said of all others....

Even an enthusiast like myself prefers the week on/week off plan to constant use, however.

Let me just add I first tried the stuff (in snortable form) back in '83, and didn't really enjoy it that much. I did it every once in a while, until swearing off it completely in '91. In 2003, a friend suggested we smoke some while he was helping me and my wife into a new place. I was utterly shocked at how much I liked it...

bardamu
07-13-2006, 02:35 AM
Nicotine however has been a 30-year albatross around my neck. Even if I were to quit now, the damage is done and permanent, and my life wouldn't extend itself by a single day. If I could go back in time and trade cigarettes for heroin, believe me I'd do it.

I take it you don't have emphysema yet so it is very important that you quit smoking cigarettes pronto, epecially if you are in your 40's. You know the old saying, before 40 your body takes care of you, after 40 you have to take care of it. Anyway, I think it is true that the lungs completely regenerate after about 5 years free of smoke. I quit around 43, and no one tried more times to quit, or was more addicted than me. The patch my man, the patch. But you do have to give up drinking for around a year. It is very, very hard to quit a bad habit of cigs while still imbibing.

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 02:39 AM
Try smoking as many cigarettes as you possibly can in one day. Smoke an entire carton if possible. After this, you will most likely feel VERY sick. The mere thought of a cigarette will make you want to throw up. Hopefully this will help you kick the habit.

wintermute
07-13-2006, 02:46 AM
But you do have to give up drinking for around a year.

I'm three years off cigarettes this November, and found that a short period of not drinking (I drink wine socially) was necessary. I'm almost 39, which means I can't be that much younger than you.

I'm very happy that I can drink all I want now. Your sense of smell returns rather vividly after a few months off smoking, which makes makes the wines taste just like wine snobs say they do, namely excellent.

My advice: exercise. I put on a lot of weight after I quit smoking.

Also, Timothy Leary (our local TL, not the dead one) has some recommendations regarding supplements you can take with your patch and/or gum to quit.

Bardamu is right: quit smoking even if you're fifty.

WM

Hippias
07-13-2006, 02:46 AM
How much experience lifting did you have before you started using steroids? What were your big three? I'm asking because I've seen plenty of people get fairly large and strong without having to take them.

Most users of steroids want to maintain a competitive edge. Without using steroids, it's near impossible to increase your bench press by 100lbs in between football season or put on an additional 20-30lbs of lean muscle mass in between a bodybuilding competition. Of course, if you have enough patience, train correctly and receive a proper diet, you can build a powerful physique.

bardamu
07-13-2006, 02:54 AM
Wintermute,

I'm a decade older.

Anarch
07-13-2006, 03:26 AM
Alcohol, tobacco and dope. I stopped dope two years ago, and I don't particularly miss it. Oh, and caffiene, obviously.

Watzy
07-13-2006, 03:30 AM
Tobacco, Alcohol&Absinthe, Caffeine, Xanax.

I sniffed glue 3-4 times during puberty and experienced mild but quite colorful hallucinations. Needless to say, I quitted immediately after informing my self about mental and physical damages caused by the prolonged use of glue.

I never tried to use illegal narcotics because I noticed I develop habit easily and stick to almost everything I taste.

cryptoracist
07-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Alcohol, tobacco and dope. I stopped dope two years ago, and I don't particularly miss it. Oh, and caffiene, obviously.
What do you mean by "dope"? This can mean different things based on US geographical drug lingo differences...

cryptoracist
07-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Unapologetic caffiene addicts should try Mickey D's Sweet Tea if you are in the south. It packs a bigger punch than coffee and it's delicious!! :D

They sell it by the gallon... I buy it by the gallon. :negro:

Fade the Butcher
07-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Liquid MDMA

I forgot about that one. I tried it several times back in 2001 on Spring Break in Destin, FL. It was a blurry evening. Before I passing out while laughing uncontrollably, my roommate told me I stopped my Navigator in bumper to bumper traffic, crawled around on the pavement in the middle of the road, and lost my sandal. I woke up several hours later confused in the backseat in a parking lot outside a bar. :p

@il ragno: I "experimented" with several drugs a few times, marijuana and ecstasy for example, but never took a real liking to them. The only drug aside from alcohol I have ever used on a semi-regular basis would be cocaine, which I stopped using last winter.

Billy Score
07-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Am i the only one here who has been totally clean? This amazes me.

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 06:04 AM

I think so. I'm quite astonished that you've never even had a drop of alcohol. I believe that you may be a Muslim.

Billy Score
07-13-2006, 06:07 AM
a baptized roman catholic muslim. that must be a first.

Ahknaton
07-13-2006, 06:12 AM
You and Bregowald

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 06:16 AM
a baptized roman catholic muslim. that must be a first.

Congradulations on your achievement. Perhaps Guiness will be calling soon. :D

Johnson
07-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Bregowald is most definetly on something, or having a permanent bad trip.

Anarch
07-13-2006, 06:21 AM
What do you mean by "dope"? This can mean different things based on US geographical drug lingo differences...

The lovely Mary Jane, with whom you are acquainted, I believe.

il ragno
07-13-2006, 06:25 AM
@il ragno: I "experimented" with several drugs a few times, marijuana and ecstasy for example, but never took a real liking to them. The only drug aside from alcohol I have ever used on a semi-regular basis would be cocaine, which I stopped using last winter.

Silence, childish interrupter! (By George...I can't stop saying it now!)

Now I know I'm getting old - I don't have a goddam clue what "liquid MDMA" even is. Don't tell me it's that half-hour version of LSD that was briefly popular in the 60s...?

Helios Panoptes
07-13-2006, 06:32 AM
It's GHB.

--------

Nyx
07-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Bregowald is most definetly on something, or having a permanent bad trip.What do you mean?

Am i the only one here who has been totally clean? This amazes me.I have never drunk alcohol in my life. I have never done any other drugs, excepting prescription medication, and caffiene.

Petyr Baelish
07-13-2006, 07:10 AM

Narrowmindedness is not something to be proud of. Openness to experience and novelty-seeking behavior are positively correlated with intelligence, btw.

Petyr Baelish
07-13-2006, 07:12 AM
I forgot about that one. I tried it several times back in 2001 on Spring Break in Destin, FL. It was a blurry evening. Before I passing out while laughing uncontrollably, my roommate told me I stopped my Navigator in bumper to bumper traffic, crawled around on the pavement in the middle of the road, and lost my sandal. I woke up several hours later confused in the backseat in a parking lot outside a bar.

I take it that this aptly misnamed "liquid MDMA" is not MDMA at all but rather GHB?

Petyr Baelish
07-13-2006, 07:13 AM
My blood is schedule I. :rofl:

You're technically right. All human blood serum contains DMT, a Schedule I substance.

Hippias
07-13-2006, 07:20 AM
Narrowmindedness is not something to be proud of. Openness to experience and novelty-seeking behavior are positively correlated with intelligence, btw.

What if he's just being discreet? Many people avoid drugs, not because they're "narrowminded," but because of the dangers involved (addiction and brain damage). There's also the possibility of serving jail time.

Helios Panoptes
07-13-2006, 07:22 AM
I take it that this aptly misnamed "liquid MDMA" is not MDMA at all but rather GHB?

Almost certainly, but it's usually called "liquid ecstasy."

You're technically right. All human blood serum contains DMT, a Schedule I substance.

Strange how that works, eh?

Nyx
07-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Narrowmindedness is not something to be proud of. Openness to experience and novelty-seeking behavior are positively correlated with intelligence, btw.Drug-taking is just one amongst innumerable other avenues to new and novel experiences.

Petyr Baelish
07-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Drug-taking is just one amongst innumerable other avenues to new and novel experiences.

This is correct, but Mazdak appear to avoid novel stimuli in general.

Petyr Baelish
07-13-2006, 07:36 AM
What if he's just being discreet? Many people avoid drugs, not because they're "narrowminded," but because of the dangers involved (addiction and brain damage). There's also the possibility of serving jail time.

That's a good point, in which case the individual in question would be inordinately high in either conscientiousness (positive relationship with g), neuroticism (negative relationship with g) or both. One must keep the matter in perspective however - all novelty-seeking behavior, from rock climbing to travelling, has an element of risk in it, and if one takes the proper precuations one can minimize his chances of mordbitiy from drug use to levels well below many everyday activities.

Ahknaton
07-13-2006, 07:42 AM
You're technically right. All human blood serum contains DMT, a Schedule I substance.I kind of want to try DMT, because of what I've read about people's experiences with it, but I fear that might be "jumping off the deep end". Since it's one of the most potent psychedelics around it would probably be a good idea to work up to it via shrooms and acid, and I'm not sure I want to let myself in for that much trippiness.

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 07:43 AM
About 15 years ago, on the campus of the University of California, at San Diego, a young man named Tray (sic?) Butler (I don't recall the spelling of his first name) apparently took some acid. I don't know for sure what he took, since I didn't know Mr. Butler at the time (or ever), but I do recall the pronunciation. And judging from his behavior, I'm pretty sure he was on LSD (or possibly mushrooms).

In any event, I remember our coming across him on campus, one drunken evening (I actually attended San Diego State University, on the lesser end of town, but a then-friend of mine was at UCSD, and I spent most weekends partying with his social circle). He was staring at a metal grate. We were staring at him. Suddenly, he notices he's surrounded by druken dudes who are staring at him. He says to us "Clean metal grate would you be?," and then proceeded to disrobe and skulk off.

My (ex)friend, Gil, tried to persuade him to put his clothes back on, but he would have none of it, and scampered off into the darkness, never to be seen by any of us again. We picked up his jacket, and discovered his mom (presumably) had sewn his name into it. That's how we realized we'd had an encounter with Mr. Butler.

The next day, we checked the campus phone directory, and sure enough, there was a Tray Butler listed. Gil called him. Gil claimed to be "Sgt. Riley" of "the UCPD." He told a very scared-sounding Mr. Butler to report immediately to the UCPD station, and to discuss with any officer available, his recent, on-campus streaking incident.

We never found out what happened after that, alas....

I Googled one possible spelling of his name, and discovered there's a gay rights activist/writer named "Tray Butler," so hopefully that was the guy we burned.

Helios Panoptes
07-13-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken about the correlation between g and C. It is negative.

Jake Featherston
07-13-2006, 07:45 AM
I see no one claims to have tried Peyote. My best friend, Jerry, says his dad recommended he not try that, as its just too intense and long-lasting.

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 07:46 AM
I see no one claims to have tried Peyote. My best friend, Jerry, says his dad recommended he not try that, as its just too intense and long-lasting.

Nothing beats Ayahuasca (http://www.biopark.org/ayahuasca.html). Has anyone tried this? You can actually order the stuff to brew it off of ebay since it's not regulated by the FDA.

Helios Panoptes
07-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Hmm, it seems there is a new study that finds that C and g are positively correlated after all. I was going by the Moutafi, et al. study. I will need to read this other one.

Edit: It seems to vary depending on the C facet.

Hrolf Kraki
07-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Did I miss something? What do C and g represent?

Helios Panoptes
07-13-2006, 07:58 AM
C is conscientiousness, g is general intelligence. Timothy Leary asserted there was a positive correlation between the two, and I said I thought him mistaken. However, the study I based my conclusion on used one NEO-PI(type of test) facet and there is a more recent study affirming Timothy Leary's statement, so it seems that he was not mistaken.

Helios Panoptes
07-13-2006, 08:15 AM

No, because it's unavailable, but I have used mescaline in the past.

wintermute
07-13-2006, 08:17 AM
I forgot about that one. I tried it several times back in 2001 on Spring Break in Destin, FL. It was a blurry evening. Before I passing out while laughing uncontrollably, my roommate told me I stopped my Navigator in bumper to bumper traffic, crawled around on the pavement in the middle of the road, and lost my sandal. I woke up several hours later confused in the backseat in a parking lot outside a bar.

"Beware of the man with a single sandal"

Apollodorus 1.9.16

Pelias sends Jason off in quest of the golden fleece

[1.9.16] Aeson, son of Cretheus, had a son Jason by Polymede, daughter of Autolycus. Now Jason dwelt in Iolcus, of which Pelias was king after Cretheus. But when Pelias consulted the oracle concerning the kingdom, the god warned him to beware of the man with a single sandal. At first the king understood not the oracle, but afterwards he apprehended it. For when he was offering a sacrifice at the sea to Poseidon, he sent for Jason, among many others, to participate in it. Now Jason loved husbandry and therefore abode in the country, but he hastened to the sacrifice, and in crossing the river Anaurus he lost a sandal in the stream and landed with only one. When Pelias saw him, he bethought him of the oracle, and going up to Jason asked him what, supposing he had the power, he would do if he had received an oracle that he should be murdered by one of the citizens. Jason answered, whether at haphazard or instigated by the angry Hera in order that Medea should prove a curse to Pelias, who did not honor Hera, "I would command him," said he," to bring the Golden Fleece." No sooner did Pelias hear that than he bade him go in quest of the fleece.

WM

il ragno
07-13-2006, 08:31 AM
I take it you don't have emphysema yet so it is very important that you quit smoking cigarettes pronto, epecially if you are in your 40's. You know the old saying, before 40 your body takes care of you, after 40 you have to take care of it. Anyway, I think it is true that the lungs completely regenerate after about 5 years free of smoke. I quit around 43, and no one tried more times to quit, or was more addicted than me. The patch my man, the patch. But you do have to give up drinking for around a year. It is very, very hard to quit a bad habit of cigs while still imbibing.

You know, I've got a box of patches - got em around 60 days ago. But the CW on them is you need to quit first, for a week or so, before going on them, and I have this gruesome fear of what might happen if I light up while wearing a patch. What's the real story on those patches? Any untoward side effects?

Drinking's not an issue; I don't, and haven't for years. Just cigs and coffee these days....

Meadophile
07-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Marijuana (during high school)
Alcohol (still drink every once in a while)

///M power
07-13-2006, 09:59 AM
I have cycled on and off for seven years. I lost count. I'm 5'9 @ about 217-220lbs right now. Don't know my bf, but I switched my avatar to a current pic (sorry to be a douche, but I can't figure out how to post file photos).

I agree that gear in moderation is not dangerous at all...but heavy dosages over time take their toll.

Will 250mgs of Cypionate a week fuck you up? Nope. Will 100mgs of Dbol/day, 150mgs of Tren/day, and a gram or two of test fuck you up overtime? Yeah.

I have been reckless in the past with gear and I have felt the consequences. About 6 years ago, I was on dbol/winstrol/test for waaaayy too long...and I started feeling really fucked up...I think my liver functioning was compromised. I took a long break, started monitoring my blood and blood pressure, and I am a lot more reasonable now.

I think you can cycle indefinately so long as you are moderate.

wow,you are probably giant,7 years of cycling!!
can you please post a picture?
and another thing i hope you dont run orals anymore for more then 4 weeks.

bardamu
07-13-2006, 01:29 PM
You know, I've got a box of patches - got em around 60 days ago. But the CW on them is you need to quit first, for a week or so, before going on them, and I have this gruesome fear of what might happen if I light up while wearing a patch. What's the real story on those patches? Any untoward side effects?

Drinking's not an issue; I don't, and haven't for years. Just cigs and coffee these days....

That CW you are talking about is probably a generic disclaimer against potential future lawsuits. Ignore it. Make your decision when to start, wake up in the morning, and slap it on. I put the patch on the top of my foot and tied my shoes over it, that way it is good and secure. Purchase only the strongest patches. I forget what they are, 30mg? Set your own reduction schedule. Be very generous. Allow yourself 4 months to bring your habit down to nothing. Or a year. Whatever, because the minute you quit sending smoke into your lungs the healing starts. When you are ready to reduce down to the next smaller dosage don't purchase their reduced dosage take a pair of scissors and snip the maximum dosage patch in half, and then in thirds for the final dosage. Save your money. Your coffee habit is going trigger nicotine fit, so you might consider switching to tea or something for the duration. That is what I did, and incidentally never went back to coffee. Good luck.

Berianidze
07-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Never tried anything that was contraband and/or narcotic related. My drugs of choice have typically been caffeine and nicotine.

Hachiko
07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Let's see...
In my youth, excessive marijuana and hashish use.
Couple grams of coke and a few tabs here and there.
Used to dip into my Mom's Xanax from time to time.
In my 20's, the odd blunt here and there.
Now, Vicodin and the odd Percocet.
:)

Faustian Dreams
07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
I shall call you lot: Sons of Modernity.

Why am I of the mind that in any other time, this behavior would be ridiculed and perpetrators outcast? Rather, each culture had its "medicine man", but the context of drug use has changed into something waxing hedonist, but more accurately it smacks of the "jaded and deluded (sub)urbanite" ethos--a turning inward of the basest connotation. If you cannot tell your parents or your children about it, it is an act isolated, contextualized...inappropriate to be sewn into the fabric of continuity and tradition.

Also, to say that some people can handle drugs while others cannot, as if this justifies drug use, presupposes that there is an isolated individual acting without consequence, which is hardly the case. All in all, the individual places too much importance on the phenomenon of experience without reaching over into something substantial. An intricate ruse, that is all. If this is supposed to be one's introduction into profundity, then, gosh--Imagine what the ancients had been missing out on! Meanwhile, here you are, with all of the Cosmos unveiled before you, as never before. Complete and utter solipsism! Reality presupposes a thorough understanding of Dasein and Mitsein, and if our relationship with the world is severed (which is quite evident when observing someone who is tripping, rolling, or stoned), then the aforementioned conditions cannot be met.

Helios Panoptes
07-13-2006, 10:58 PM
The Oracle of Delphi was the most important shrine in ancient Greece and was considered the center of the world. It was a crucial pilgrimage for those seeking guidance from Apollo's mouthpiece, the Pythia, who gave cryptic answers to such matters as timing for planting crops, preparing for war, or resolving a moral dilemma.

The temple's high priest, Plutarch (c.46-c.120), explained that the Pythia's trance state was induced by gaseous emissions and that the Oracle's power began to wane because the source of the emissions was running out. Other ancient authorities also attributed the Oracle's "power" to geological features — a fissure in the bedrock, a gaseous vapor, and a spring. When French archaeologists failed to find such features a century ago, they dismissed the notion of intoxicating vapors as the "source" of the revelations. The modern misconception that vapors and gases can only be produced by volcanic activity has also discouraged scientists from probing the geological forces behind the Oracle.

But these days, scientists are revisiting the problem with results that would definitely please the ancients. In the August issue of GEOLOGY, J.Z. de Boer reports on a four-year interdisciplinary study that has successfully identified young faults at the Oracle site and has also pinpointed the emissions responsible for the Pythia's trance state — light hydrocarbon gases from bituminous limestone. De Boer and colleagues found ethane, methane, and ethylene in spring water near the Oracle. The euphoric effects of ethylene, which had been used as anesthesia in the last century, jibe very well with Plutarch's description of the gas the Pythia inhaled. Henry Spiller, a medical doctor who recently joined the research group, provided details on the narcotic effects of ethylene that completed the team's theory. Spiller works in the Poison Center at Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.

De Boer, an Earth sciences professor at Wesleyan University in Connecticut, became interested in Delphi ten years ago when he worked with a group of American geologists for the Greek government on the seismicity and tectonic setting of the Corinth Rift zone.

"At that time I took a good look at previous and newly exposed segments of the Delphi fault and discovered another fault intersecting it," de Boer explained. "Following the fault traces brought me to their covered intersection below the Sanctuary."

But years later it took a "dare" between two friends to really get this research project going.

"About five years ago, I found myself in Portugal on a small terrace near an archaeological site, enjoying the wine, and talking with John Hale about my work in Greece and the faults near Delphi," de Boer said. "He told me that the majority of archaeologists did not believe in the ancient descriptions of fissure and rising fumes that influenced the Pythia. I challenged him to come with me to Greece and he accepted."

That's how Hale, an archaeologist at the University of Louisville in Kentucky, became one of the co-authors of this work. And the rest is history.

http://www.geosociety.org/news/pr/01-34.htm

Helios Panoptes
07-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Also, to say that some people can handle drugs while others cannot, as if this justifies drug use, presupposes that there is an isolated individual acting without consequence, which is hardly the case.

I do not understand why it must be presupposed that individuals are acting without consequence, and you did not bother to explain. There must be premises missing.

brigadier Biggles
07-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Never smoked, only rarely use alcohol, and sure as hell never touched narcotics.

same for me except from about a year ago ive started having rum+coke and passoa or southern comfort with lemonade every other night..

tricknologist
07-13-2006, 11:39 PM
The only thing I still take is alcohal and caffeine. I quit all illegal drugs about twelve years ago, and have cut my alcohal intake in half. Here's the list of what I used to take.

Acid 200-300 times minimum
X 3-4 times
meth once
coke 2-3 times
assorted pills rarely
shrooms once
marijuana regularly
opium got a stash that lasted over a month then couldn't find anymore

I'm sure that I missed something.

Thomas777
07-14-2006, 12:47 AM
wow,you are probably giant,7 years of cycling!!
can you please post a picture?
and another thing i hope you dont run orals anymore for more then 4 weeks.

I'm not giant...I am pretty happy with where I am at right now, although I would like another 10-15lbs of lean mass.

I am having trouble figuring out how to post pics...if somebody would offer their technical advice it would be appreciated.

RE: Orals

I am not sold on the notion that orals should never be run for more than four weeks. Some orals (anavar comes to mind) are really mild and safe for long durations. Regarding harsher compounds like Dbol and Anadrol, I think it is dose related. Running 20mgs dbol/day for 8-12 weeks is probably pretty safe. Running 100mgs for that duration is probably a very bad idea.

I don't run orals at all these days (except anavar) because the fact is that the harsher orals are just that: harsh...and there is an easier way to skin a cat.

My bread and butter these days is test (either propionate or enanthate) and a little bit of Tren.

Moderation is the key.

il ragno
07-14-2006, 12:54 AM
I got one question for you, Colonel Tom...isn't this shit all, uh....well, illegal?

I mean, it's not like you can pad your order at the pharmacy and sneak out a prescription ("uhh, yeah, gimme some dental floss, talcum powder, tube of zinc oxide, some Junior Mints...let's see, what else?......oh yeah, lemme get two dozen ampules of Winstrol!"...)

Thomas777
07-14-2006, 01:00 AM
I got one question for you, Colonel Tom...isn't this shit all, uh....well, illegal?

I mean, it's not like you can pad your order at the pharmacy and sneak out a prescription ("uhh, yeah, gimme some dental floss, talcum powder, tube of zinc oxide, some Junior Mints...let's see, what else?......oh yeah, lemme get two dozen ampules of Winstrol!"...)

Sure, its illegal. I actually wrote a fair amount about this when I was in law school...however you fall on the steroid issue, it really makes very little sense for Anabolic Steroids to be scheduled. If you read the legislative history of the 1990 Anabolic Steroid Control Act, the DEA actually advised against the scheduling of these drugs.

Until recently, the federal government could really give two shits about enforcement of the ASCA...however, the advent of "rejuvination clinics" and HRT treatment has raised the stock that bigpharm places in their hormone derived products, and that has prompted quite a backlash from the government.

Look, I'll be honest with you: I don't think that using anabolic steroids is a good idea for a lot of reasons...that said, I chose this path and I dedicated myself to a certain lifestyle.

If I hadn't taken up weightlifting, I would probably be walking with a cane right now and weigh all of a flabby 145lbs...my bloodwork usually comes back within the normal range and I try to be responsible in my dosing.

I don't use recreational drugs and I don't drink alcohol except on special occasions. That may be simply a rationalization, but that is my honest take on the issue.

cryptoracist
07-14-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm not giant...I am pretty happy with where I am at right now, although I would like another 10-15lbs of lean mass.

I am having trouble figuring out how to post pics...if somebody would offer their technical advice it would be appreciated.

Go to http://imageshack.us and hit the browse button, find your file inyour drive, OK then click the "host it" button.

Copy and paste the resulting URL back over here. :D

Thomas777
07-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Go to http://imageshack.us and hit the browse button, find your file inyour drive, OK then click the "host it" button.

Copy and paste the resulting URL back over here. :D

Thanx.

Here is a shot from about two months ago:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/4485/may06227gn.th.jpg (http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=may06227gn.jpg)

Thomas777
07-14-2006, 01:07 AM
One more:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5985/may060ga.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=may060ga.jpg)

cryptoracist
07-14-2006, 01:10 AM
One more:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/5985/may060ga.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=may060ga.jpg)
Wow. Nice lookin', Thomas!

You should use that for your avatar like that hot joo did. :D

I'm suret he ladies would appreciate it...

Or maybe you could give itt to AnticitiXen #19 for his avatar cause that crap sucks, for real... :p

Hippias
07-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Thanx.

Here is a shot from about two months ago:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/4485/may06227gn.th.jpg (http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=may06227gn.jpg)

Nice delt development. I've found seated dumbbell presses the best movement for making them larger and stronger. Side laterals and other isolation movements merely refine their shape.

Thomas777
07-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Nice delt development. I've found seated dumbbell presses the best movement for making them larger and stronger. Side laterals and other isolation movements merely refine their shape.

Thanks Carl. Seated db press is the best mass builder for delts. I haven't been able to do them for the past three weeks because I threw my back all out of whack doing olympic t-bar rows...and I am still healing. The past few weeks on shoulder day, I have been doing cybex machine press as my pressing movement and then getting into side laterals and going as heavy as I can. I usually go up to 50s for my work sets. Its interesting, I never did laterals as a power movement before, but I seem to be gaining. Maybe its just the shock factor.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread...but thanks for sharing your thoughts. You know the score.

Hippias
07-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Anyway, I don't want to hijack the thread...but thanks for sharing your thoughts. You know the score.

Check your rep.

Keystone
07-14-2006, 02:04 AM
I smoked a lot of reefer, lots of speeders, mescaline, acid, whatever.

I stopped 26 years ago. BTW, reefer was a hella lot cheaper and better in those days.

OVERWATCH
07-14-2006, 02:43 AM
I smoked a lot of reefer, lots of speeders, mescaline, acid, whatever.

I stopped 26 years ago. BTW, reefer was a hella lot cheaper and better in those days.

Cheaper yes; better, no.

Cultivation, breeding, and advanced harvesting techniques have created some seriously ass-kicking buds in recent years. And it keeps getting better.

Keystone
07-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Cheaper yes; better, no.

Cultivation techniques, breeding, and advanced harvesting techniques have created some seriously ass-kicking buds in recent years. And it keeps getting better.
Pssshhttt.
Steve the reefer and moist hash we smoked got you pa-lenty high. 40 joints to an ounce. No stems or seeds. 20 bucks. The excellent hash was 15 bucks a gram.

Starr
07-14-2006, 02:52 AM
What was mescaline like?

Keystone
07-14-2006, 02:56 AM
What was mescaline like?
Smiling...Laughing...I thought I would die laughing. Downside was you felt like a wrung out towel the next morning.

Starr
07-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Downside was you felt like a wrung out towel the next morning.

I felt like that the next day after smoking pot, once. It also came after the most bizarre trippy experience I ever had while smoking it. I felt like I had come back from the dead or something. Not fun.

Keystone
07-14-2006, 03:08 AM
I felt like that the next day after smoking pot, once. It also came after the most bizarre trippy experience I ever had while smoking it. I felt like I had come back from the dead or something. Not fun.
There's always payback for the stuff you do.

I could never do what I did 25 years ago. It would kill me now.

il ragno
07-14-2006, 03:32 AM
Cheaper yes; better, no.

Cultivation, breeding, and advanced harvesting techniques have created some seriously ass-kicking buds in recent years. And it keeps getting better.

Listen to the man. You're running on memory-fumes of being 25 again, Key; the reefer from way back was solid, for sure...but the shit they got these days is like Star Wars. It's far better because they breed it not just for higher thc count but bouquet, genetic lineage, flavor, type of high...shoot, what Fade wants scientists to do to niggers and retards in 100 years, I can do to cannabis right now.

Jake Featherston
07-14-2006, 03:53 AM
For the record, I'm not impressed with the weed of today. Its so strong (and expensive) you get almost too high after a puff or two; you can't enjoy smoking it. Plus, its so inflatedly overpriced, you almost can't afford to roll a joint anymore; its like $10-15 to do so! I would much rather smoke one or two joints of Mexican brown for $20 per quarter ounce, than one or two puffs of nuclear indica for $80 per eighth ounce. Of course, I may be different from some, in that I actually like smoking weed. Othes may only see smoking it as a mean to getting high; I like getting high, but I also enjoy the process of smoking it.

Northern_Paladin
07-14-2006, 04:00 AM
Just pot one time. Didn't even get high. I try to keep away from drugs, don't think the temporary pleasure they provide is worth it.

Thomas777
07-14-2006, 04:04 AM
I agree with Ragno. In the early 90s, there was decent green around for $20 or $40 straight up...and it was a nice mellow high.

Last time I burned was on New Year's Eve around four years ago, and I actually felt really speedy and anxious. Given, I'm wound a little tight, but I never got that effect when I smoked it regularly as a teenager.

Ahknaton
07-14-2006, 04:44 AM
Of course, I may be different from some, in that I actually like smoking weed. Othes may only see smoking it as a mean to getting high; I like getting high, but I also enjoy the process of smoking it.
A couple of my friends are like this, especially when it comes to ingenius Rube Goldberg-like bong designs.

I've only had pot about 10 times, but each time its been either in a different form, or a different method of delivery.

When I was at high-school, cannibas oil was way more popular than regular pot. It was usually bought in capsules ("caps") of the sticky black resin (I think they make it by boiling pot in isopropyl alcohol). It was spotted of aluminium foil, or kitchen knives.

Other methods were the bucket bong, the gravity bong (the best IMHO), the water bong, rolled in a joint, "bud spots" (pressed between two hot knives), smoked in a pipe, via a "vapouriser" machine, the list is endless. Occassionally people would have hash instead of the regular leaf/bud. Some people get carried away and take their bong enthusiasm to stupid lengths. One of my uni mates designed and built a "vapourisation chamber" with a little trapdoor, an element and a water filter system.

I also had a flatmate who used to grow it hydroponically, and used to dry it out in the hot water cupboard. One time we had a plumber around to look at our hot water supply and I opened the cupboard door to show him where the tank was and (unbeknownst to me until I opened the door) there were two full-size plants draped across it.

riddlemethis
07-15-2006, 07:53 PM
I forgot about that one. I tried it several times back in 2001 on Spring Break in Destin, FL. It was a blurry evening. Before I passing out while laughing uncontrollably, my roommate told me I stopped my Navigator in bumper to bumper traffic, crawled around on the pavement in the middle of the road, and lost my sandal. I woke up several hours later confused in the backseat in a parking lot outside a bar. :p

:rolleyes:

We believe you, cream puff. It's just that, oddly enough, the cokehead look and that Mark Holton thing you've got going on don't exactly dovetail.

Slavic Enforcer
07-15-2006, 08:07 PM
(in cronological order, between 1997-1999)

Cigarettes
Alcohol
Marijuana
Hashish
Magic Mushrooms
Cocaine

Anima Eternae
07-15-2006, 08:15 PM
alcohol and weed

Richard Bongo Moute
07-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Alcohol
Marijuana
Xanax
Percocets
Oxycotin
Hashish

Was offered crack cocaine today but I passed.

If I was to do a drug at this moment I would go for oxycotins or percocets

il ragno
07-16-2006, 06:18 AM
Other methods were the bucket bong, the gravity bong (the best IMHO), the water bong, rolled in a joint, "bud spots" (pressed between two hot knives), smoked in a pipe, via a "vapouriser" machine, the list is endless. Occassionally people would have hash instead of the regular leaf/bud. Some people get carried away and take their bong enthusiasm to stupid lengths. One of my uni mates designed and built a "vapourisation chamber" with a little trapdoor, an element and a water filter system.

Small blown-glass pipes are the best, imo. You can't savor the full flavor any other way...

Richard Bongo Moute
07-16-2006, 06:24 AM
I've only smoked out of a bong once and would never do it again. You have to keep lighting it and it makes me choke. To be honest I'm not a big fan of marijuana, all it seems to do is make me sluggish.

OVERWATCH
07-16-2006, 06:36 AM
For the record, I'm not impressed with the weed of today. Its so strong (and expensive) you get almost too high after a puff or two; you can't enjoy smoking it. Plus, its so inflatedly overpriced, you almost can't afford to roll a joint anymore; its like $10-15 to do so! I would much rather smoke one or two joints of Mexican brown for $20 per quarter ounce, than one or two puffs of nuclear indica for $80 per eighth ounce. Of course, I may be different from some, in that I actually like smoking weed. Othes may only see smoking it as a mean to getting high; I like getting high, but I also enjoy the process of smoking it.

In Ohio, cultivation of less than 100g(adequate for personal use) is punishable as a minor misdemeanor, a fine of $100.00, and no criminal record. :cool:

But if you go into Cinci city limits, simple possession is a felony, lol.

Nilüfer
07-16-2006, 06:37 AM
pot - tried it 2x, no effect
psycho meds - I abused anxiety pills by snorting them in powder form, not bad
I don't intend to do any more drugs. I can't imagine myself on something like acid or shrooms..

funderbunked
07-16-2006, 06:38 AM
LSD, DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, 2C-T-7, cocaine, cannabis, MDMA, ketamine, methqualone, salvia, AMT, 5-MeO-AMT, DXM, 2-CB, PCP, GHB, methcathinone, alprazolam, mescaline, methamphetamine, psilocybe mushrooms, DIPT, MDMC, MDA, dextroamphetamine, fentanyl, opium(smoked), heroin, alcohol. I have smoked cigars, but never a cigarette.

Damn! You and I have similar pharmacological backgrounds. :rofl:

Subtract DIPT, 2C-T-7 (heard it's good shit), AMT/5-MeO-AMT and methcathinone, oh, and smack (have smoked opium several times in Laos, but never shot junk)--add some cocaine to the mix (not since I was in early university, long ago) and some synthetic pain shit, like Talwin, Darvon, Percocet, blahblah--and we could be 1st cousins.

Helios Panoptes
07-16-2006, 08:45 AM
pot - tried it 2x, no effect
psycho meds - I abused anxiety pills by snorting them in powder form, not bad
I don't intend to do any more drugs. I can't imagine myself on something like acid or shrooms..

You shouldn't do that. They contain fillers and binders, which are not water soluble. You don't want that material in your lungs.

I never shot heroin, either. All of the times it was insufflated, which I'm sure cut down on the rush,

brigadier Biggles
07-16-2006, 10:45 PM
anyone ever tried a "smoking Egyptian hookah" :D, no i mean one of these...
http://www.smoking-hookah.com/images/auto/Product/egypt.gif

ive seen people smoking them here in England..quite fancy !.

Carlos Danger
07-16-2006, 10:51 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8495/image1hj4.jpg

AAA
07-17-2006, 03:25 AM
Drug-enamoured pseudo-nationalists of the world, UNITE!

jcs
07-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Alcohol and tobacco. Other drugs are for, well, people like you guys. And I've spent my life trying to avoid becoming that.

1-800
07-17-2006, 03:47 AM
I get high off life, not drugs. Sorry, stoners.

AAA
07-17-2006, 04:02 AM
Drugs are a source of entertainment for many of the posters on this board...

...as is the forum itself.

:nopity:

1-800
07-17-2006, 04:04 AM
Drugs are a source of entertainment for many of the posters on this board...

...as is the forum itself.

:nopity:

Stop trolling. Maybe we all enjoy drugs? Sorry if you are not enlightened enough to understand.

Petyr Baelish
07-18-2006, 05:18 AM
I get high off life, not drugs.

I used to get high off life until I realized that it's cut with morons.

cryptoracist
07-18-2006, 06:15 AM
You've been officially sigged.

That was awesome. :negro:

edit:

did they change sig sizes, I can't put this in it? KEeps saying 4 lines or somecrap :(

Helios Panoptes
07-18-2006, 07:17 AM
I took 38 grams of fresh psilocybe cubensis mushrooms yesterday afternoon.

funderbunked
07-18-2006, 08:25 AM
I took 38 grams of fresh psilocybe cubensis mushrooms yesterday afternoon.

You fucker. :mad:

I'm waiting for the goddamned rain here (South Korea) to stop, so that the weather will get hot/muggy and thus begin sprouting "turd blossoms" from the cattle pastures, onto which I will gain access by either trespassing or (more likely) bribing an ignorant farmer for to pluck trash bags full of exactly the kind of 'shrooms you mentioned.

I will then brew up many gallons of tea, mebbe even ice some down, so as to feel at home in the Cosmos on this parcel of soil I call South Korea. ...as soon as it stops FUCKING RAINING.

FR Joe
07-18-2006, 09:17 AM
I've tried this and that

Eddy
07-18-2006, 03:13 PM

MDMA (ecstasy) does not have this effect that you're describing.

riddlemethis
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Sounds more like alcohol intoxication than GHB intoxication, too. I'm surprised more people haven't called him on this BS.

Did he also get giggly and lose his memory after railing lines?

cryptoracist
07-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Maybe he's not BS'ing us, since it was on Spring Break where everything starts with alcohol...maybe he was drunk before taking it and than cancelled out it's effects (in his mind), making him think that it was the X doing that when he was really just drunk.

Cause yeah, it definately doesn't sound like X would do that to anyone but in my experience Daedalus is pretty honest, he's prolly just confused.

:negro:

I think he needs to do more drugs to be sure... ;)

Eddy
07-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Well, E does not come in liquid form, so either it's made up or someone slipped him something else to cause all that criminal, antisocial behavior.

It's kinda funny that it was during the time frame in which he was semi-regularly snorting cocaine, everyone else was being lectured by him about unlawfulness and license. Oh well, if Rush Limbaugh can do it, the grunts can too.

Yeah, he should try the real E. Great stuff for occassional use. I've done weed, acid, shrooms, E, crank, a wee bit o' coke (too much of a rip-off to get into), along with society's approved drugs, booze, caffeine, and some boring ass legal pills which needed boosting with cheap wine.

cryptoracist
07-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, E does not come in liquid form, so either it's made up or someone slipped him something else to cause all that criminal, antisocial behavior.

It's kinda funny that it was during the time frame in which he was semi-regularly snorting cocaine, everyone else was being lectured by him about unlawfulness and license. Oh well, if Rush Limbaugh can do it, the grunts can too.

Yeah, he should try the real E. Great stuff for occassional use. I've done weed, acid, shrooms, E, crank, a wee bit o' coke (too much of a rip-off to get into), along with society's approved drugs, booze, caffeine, and some boring ass legal pills which needed boosting with cheap wine.
Ah, I've never done crank either, so there's another one. :negro:

Is it like meth? What is crank really? :D

Hachiko
07-18-2006, 06:14 PM
++rep :rofl:
Yes, morons are the roach spray on life's doobs.

Der Sozialist
07-18-2006, 10:23 PM
MDMA (ecstasy) does not have this effect that you're describing.

Liquid MDMA =/= ecstasy but rather GHB.

Jake Featherston
07-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Is it like meth? What is crank really? :D

Crank is a lower-grade form of meth that is generally not found anymore, at least around these parts; meth costs about the same and is substantially better, so there's just no market for the inferior crank anymore. In some parts of the country, crank may still be available (meth works much better for smoking, and smoking is the only way to consume the stuff, in my opinion). Crank used to be much more readily available than meth, so some people, particularly oldsters like moi, probably just refer to meth by the name "crank."

Anima Eternae
07-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Let's see...drug use behind a sophisticated avatar...talk of a "genetic underclass"....

Fade's a regular Patrick Bateman, isn't he?

Ahknaton
07-21-2006, 02:19 AM
In some parts of the country, crank may still be available (meth works much better for smoking, and smoking is the only way to consume the stuff, in my opinion).I was at a party once and some meth-heads showed up, unscrewed one of the kitchen light-bulbs from its socket, and removed the base so they could use the glass bulb as an impromptu crank-pipe. Talk about ingenuity. Improvise and overcome!

Petyr Baelish
07-21-2006, 05:26 AM
I was at a party once and some meth-heads showed up, unscrewed one of the kitchen light-bulbs from its socket, and removed the base so they could use the glass bulb as an impromptu crank-pipe. Talk about ingenuity. Improvise and overcome!

If you think that's ingenuous, take a look at this:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

LARGE MODEL ROCKET (SEIZED FROM A VEHICLE IN MISSOURI) USED TO CONCEAL - AND POTENTIALLY DISCARD - ICE METHAMPHETAMINE

[From the NDIC Narcotics Digest Weekly 2005;4(36):2
Unclassified, Reprinted with Permission.]
Photo 12

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg1005/mg1005_fig12.jpg

On July 15, 2005, the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Missouri announced the federal grand jury indictment of two Kentucky men on charges that they had conspired to distribute methamphetamine. The two Caucasian males had obtained ice methamphetamine from Mexican sources of supply in Omaha (NE) and were transporting the drugs to Louisville (KY) for distribution. The men concealed the ice methamphetamine in the body of a motorized, 3-foot hobby rocket connected by wires to the vehicle's cigarette lighter (see Photo 12). If stopped by law enforcement officers en route to their destination, they planned to open the trunk of the vehicle, raise the methamphetamine-filled rocket into launching position using a string and pulley system, and launch the rocket into the air (see Photo 13). The two men had tested a similar rocket filled with 2 pounds of gravel that reached a height of about 1,200 feet and, based on the results of that test, expected the plastic bags containing the ice methamphetamine to melt or disintegrate and the drugs to scatter into the air. On June 24, 2005, the men had an opportunity to test their device when a Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP) trooper attempted to stop their vehicle on Interstate 70 in Callaway County. The vehicle exited the interstate and entered a restaurant parking lot; however, the two men failed to activate the rocket. The driver then fled the vehicle and discarded a small bag containing approximately 2 grams of methamphetamine, while the passenger remained in the vehicle. The trooper and a backup officer apprehended the men, searched the vehicle, and discovered the rocket as well as devices that appeared to be pipe bombs hidden in the trunk. Officers with the MSHP bomb squad and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) were called to the scene and determined that the devices were PVC pipes constructed to resemble pipe bombs. Officers seized 2 pounds of ice methamphetamine concealed in the hobby rocket, the 2 grams of methamphetamine that the driver had tossed after fleeing the vehicle, 38 grams of ice methamphetamine that had been concealed in the three PVC pipes, and 14 grams that had been concealed in a false-bottomed can, as well as 105 hydrocodone, 41 Viagra (sildenafil citrate), 39 Xanax (alprazolam), 32 Cialis (tadalafil), and 7 Klonopin (clonazepam) tablets, and $13,534.
Photo 13

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg1005/mg1005_fig13.jpg

NDIC Comment: Drug distributors often use creative methods to conceal drugs during transportation but rarely develop such an elaborate means of discarding the drugs in the event of law enforcement interdiction. This scheme indicates the extent to which traffickers will go to protect drug shipments.

Source (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg1005/mg1005.html)

:D

The only good think to be said about tweakers is that there is never a dull moment when one is with them.

Petyr Baelish
07-22-2006, 08:11 AM
MDA

I've been extremely curious about this compound recently. It is very hard to find around here, and I've heard conflicting reports from people who've tried it - some describe it as virtually indistinguishable from MDMA save for a stronger euphoric push, while others liken it to a cross between MDMA and Mescaline, and say it lasts 6-8 hours (vs. 4-6 hours for MDMA). In your opinion, how does this compound compare to MDMA and Methylone?

Hannibal
07-22-2006, 11:25 AM
I've tried alcohol and weed. That’s it. You guys are just too hardcore for me.

Petyr Baelish
07-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Alcohol and tobacco. Other drugs are for, well, people like you guys. And I've spent my life trying to avoid becoming that.

Good call - if you try anything other than alcohol and tobacco, you might realize that worshiping a demented poofter who lives in Rome, whom in turn woships a demented Hebrew poofter that died ~2000 years ago, might not be the best use of your life, and heaven forbid that from happening!

Berianidze
07-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Alcohol (rarely) --it's almost always red wine or vodka.

Nicotine - I've smoked for the last year and a half...I smoke more when i'm stressed (finals, long day at work) and in no time I'll realize I just finished an entire pack in a day. I didn't smoke for 4 months when I was sick with meningitis, I didn't miss it really--but I've found myself smoking yet again.

Caffeine- still consume upwards of 3 litres of coffee a day (only sleep 3 hours).

Never had any desire to try the hard-stuff, I have a hard enough time as it is staying healthy and fully functional.

Forza Azzurri
07-24-2006, 02:24 AM
Caffeine- still consume upwards of 3 litres of coffee a day (only sleep 3 hours).

holy sh!t, that is chaotic. Your life is busy :|

Lionheart
07-24-2006, 03:19 AM
Wouldn't meth be more efficient?

Jake Featherston
07-24-2006, 04:08 AM
I was at a party once and some meth-heads showed up, unscrewed one of the kitchen light-bulbs from its socket, and removed the base so they could use the glass bulb as an impromptu crank-pipe. Talk about ingenuity. Improvise and overcome!

A few months ago, I smoked marijuana out of a bhong fashioned from the core of a just-eaten apple. But then, I'm a total degenerate....

Lionheart
07-24-2006, 07:27 AM
I used to have pot-head roommates who would smoke up just about every night. They had an interesting ritual. First they would prepare their weed and listen to some rap song titled "Gotta Stay High." Then they would choose their piece of choice and begin to smoke. While smoking, they would listen to "Light Green Nah Mean" and pass the bong around in a sort of competition about who could take the biggest hit. Once the weed was finished, they'd sit around and giggle for about 15 minutes until the "munchies" started to set in, and they would either order a pizza or go to taco bell. After devouring an entire 23" pizza or 6 tacos, they'd watch TV or play halo for the rest of the duration of their high or until they fell asleep.

What do you guys do when you smoke?

Jake Featherston
07-24-2006, 07:52 AM

Post here (that, or watch horror movies in the dark, with my legs crossed Indian-style on the couch, preferably whilst sipping imported beers).

Petyr Baelish
07-24-2006, 08:21 AM

I post here, read good fiction, listen to ASOT radio, do a sudoku or go for a walk in the forest.

Petyr Baelish
07-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Wouldn't meth be more efficient?

Methamphetamine is the least peripherally and most centrally active stimulant in all of pharmacopeia (the extra methyl group tacked on to the amphetamine increases its lipid solubility). Desoxyn (pharmaceutical methamphetamine) should be the preferred treatment for ADHD, IMHO.

Helios Panoptes
07-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I've been extremely curious about this compound recently. It is very hard to find around here, and I've heard conflicting reports from people who've tried it - some describe it as virtually indistinguishable from MDMA save for a stronger euphoric push, while others liken it to a cross between MDMA and Mescaline, and say it lasts 6-8 hours (vs. 4-6 hours for MDMA). In your opinion, how does this compound compare to MDMA and Methylone?

I agree with the latter. It does last longer overall, but it seems to me that the "peak" has a similar duration, but the aftereffects linger for awhile longer with MDA. It's also a trippier experience with more visual alterations; not much open eye, but I've had CEV with it. MDA is more thoughtful and also a little less empathogenic, IMO. Hope that is of some use.

I post on the phora, play with my dog outdoors, read, listen to "classical" music, and infrequently watch a film. I like to play cards when I'm high, too, especially pinocle.

John Doe
07-24-2006, 10:11 AM

Stop, drop and roll until the flames go out.

cryptoracist
07-24-2006, 03:46 PM
I used to have pot-head roommates who would smoke up just about every night. They had an interesting ritual. First they would prepare their weed and listen to some rap song titled "Gotta Stay High." Then they would choose their piece of choice and begin to smoke. While smoking, they would listen to "Light Green Nah Mean" and pass the bong around in a sort of competition about who could take the biggest hit. Once the weed was finished, they'd sit around and giggle for about 15 minutes until the "munchies" started to set in, and they would either order a pizza or go to taco bell. After devouring an entire 23" pizza or 6 tacos, they'd watch TV or play halo for the rest of the duration of their high or until they fell asleep.

Music, anything and everything music is made so beautiful under the influence of marijuana.

Since I'm a heavy smoker, I do everything when I smoke, cook, dishes, shower, computer programming, sewing...lol

But the things I plan to do for recreattion when smoking almost always involve music and/or dancing , well and soemtimes reading if it's a "light read". :negro:

Hachiko
07-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Music, anything and everything music is made so beautiful under the influence of marijuana.

Since I'm a heavy smoker, I do everything when I smoke, cook, dishes, shower, computer programming, sewing...lol

But the things I plan to do for recreattion when smoking almost always involve music and/or dancing , well and soemtimes reading if it's a "light read". :negro:
*AHEM*
I though you were laying off the trees this week Missy.

Hachiko
07-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Get some Double Quarter Pounders from Micky D's and watch "Milo and Otis" or Lazytown. :rofl:

Lionheart
07-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Get some Double Quarter Pounders from Micky D's and watch "Milo and Otis" or Lazytown. :rofl:
I hope you don't smoke too often, then. :sick:

cryptoracist
07-24-2006, 11:50 PM
*AHEM*
I though you were laying off the trees this week Missy.
There were storms here thisweekend andit knocked the cable out so i had to use dial-up. Well, the sheer stress from watching pages load for 10 minutes at a time made me have to smoke.

It was that or kill the cable guy. Do you really wanna kill the cable guy?

No? Ok,then.

I'm starting again tonight. :o

Hachiko
07-24-2006, 11:56 PM
There were storms here thisweekend andit knocked the cable out so i had to use dial-up. Well, the sheer stress from watching pages load for 10 minutes at a time made me have to smoke.

It was that or kill the cable guy. Do you really wanna kill the cable guy?

No? Ok,then.

I'm starting again tonight. :o
I don't mind killing the cable guy, and with a week with no power at my Queens apartment, we're ready to kill the ConEd guy too.:bbbat:

Dial-up could drive even Jesus to doobs, all is understood. ;)

cryptoracist
07-24-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't mind killing the cable guy, and with a week with no power at my Queens apartment, we're ready to kill the ConEd guy too.:bbbat:

Dial-up could drive even Jesus to doobs, all is understood. ;)
A whole week out? Dayum!

That really sucks.

Hachiko
07-25-2006, 12:02 AM
A whole week out? Dayum!

That really sucks.
Yes. F*** them big time!
http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?&aid=61249
:bbbat: :bbbat: :bbbat:

cryptoracist
07-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Yes. F*** them big time!
http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?&aid=61249
:bbbat: :bbbat: :bbbat:
OMG, i diidn'teven know about this (guess it's obvious who avoids her relatives like the plague), if I was stupid enough to call those crazy people i'd have known about this...lolerz

What did you do this whole time, How come you've bben posting though, at work? That is incredible, you know what? I bet you have a strong suit against ConEd for damages, all you'd have to do is prove that this couldv'e been have been avoided and it souds like that kinda evidence won't be hard to find.

Jake Featherston
07-25-2006, 05:48 AM
What did you do this whole time, How come you've bben posting though, at work? That is incredible, you know what? I bet you have a strong suit against ConEd for damages, all you'd have to do is prove that this couldv'e been have been avoided and it souds like that kinda evidence won't be hard to find.

Can you imagine how bad its been with the heat, and no air-conditioning, fans, refrigeration, etc.? The heat's been really awful here in San Jose, I might add; 100+ for like two weeks in a row, and often unusually humid.

I don't know much about the law in such matters, but I'm pretty darn sure that public utility corporations have very limited liability wherein failing to provide service to their customers is concerned. Just a guess, mind you, but I'd nearly stake my life on it.

Hachiko
07-25-2006, 05:58 AM
OMG, i diidn'teven know about this (guess it's obvious who avoids her relatives like the plague), if I was stupid enough to call those crazy people i'd have known about this...lolerz

We sweated through last Tuesday night with like 15% power.
Wednesday night the power went out altogether for a little while, we left and have been camping at my Mom's since. I usually am posting from work or here.
As for suits against Con Ed, I don't know. They are offering amounts to businesses and tenants who have substantial proof of what they had to discard. But whenever something like this happens, they figure the costs of those payouts into their next budget and then use that to justify a permanent price increase. :rolleyes:
Like many have said, they really put the Con in ConEd. :mad:

cryptoracist
07-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Can you imagine how bad its been with the heat, and no air-conditioning, fans, refrigeration, etc.? The heat's been really awful here in San Jose, I might add; 100+ for like two weeks in a row, and often unusually humid.

I don't know much about the law in such matters, but I'm pretty darn sure that public utility corporations have very limited liability wherein failing to provide service to their customers is concerned. Just a guess, mind you, but I'd nearly stake my life on it.
You're probably right, if they had more liability concerns, they'd hurry the fuck up or maintain equip better in the 1st place.

Lawsuits are a helluva motivator for a better quality of service. Is why I'm all about suing Drs, too. :p

San Jose? My brother is out there right now on a business trip, he just called. :negro:

Hrolf Kraki
07-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Lawsuits are a helluva motivator for a better quality of service. Is why I'm all about suing Drs, too. :p

Suing doctors is not the best idea in most cases. I guarantee that the vast majority of doctors don't make mistakes because they don't care, but rather because no one is perfect. Suing doctors causes a chain reaction that effects everyone. When doctors get sued, their insurance company pays for it, thus the insurance company raises insurance rates to cover their costs which effects all doctors using that company. Sometimes small-time doctors have to quit their practice because they cannot afford the insurance. Other times, the doctors have to raise their rates meaning we, as patients, must pay more. And if our insurance company is paying our doctor's bill, then guess what? Our health insurance rates increase. Thankfully, many courts have been putting caps on how much a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical lawsuit.

Hachiko
07-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Suing doctors is not the best idea in most cases. I guarantee that the vast majority of doctors don't make mistakes because they don't care, but rather because no one is perfect. Suing doctors causes a chain reaction that effects everyone. When doctors get sued, their insurance company pays for it, thus the insurance company raises insurance rates to cover their costs which effects all doctors using that company. Sometimes small-time doctors have to quit their practice because they cannot afford the insurance. Other times, the doctors have to raise their rates meaning we, as patients, must pay more. And if our insurance company is paying our doctor's bill, then guess what? Our health insurance rates increase. Thankfully, many courts have been putting caps on how much a plaintiff can be awarded in a medical lawsuit.
I would consider suing a doctor only if my quality of life was greatly compromised irreparably. Suing a doctor because a surgery left an ugly scar is ludicrous but it happens.

Hrolf Kraki
07-25-2006, 03:53 PM
I would consider suing a doctor only if my quality of life was greatly compromised irreparably. Suing a doctor because a surgery left an ugly scar is ludicrous but it happens.

Yes, like for example they messed something up on your leg and caused you to have to use a cane for the rest of your life; I could see that. But not suing for $20 million!

Hachiko
07-25-2006, 03:59 PM
But not suing for $20 million!
Well, the lawyers through out those outstanding numbers knowing full well that the final settlement (either in or out of court) will be 5-10% of that amount, of which they will happily help themselves to 50-60% of.
Which is why we will continue to have more people in law school than in med school for many, many moons....:dance2:

Arcturus
10-09-2009, 09:01 AM
This is an 18th century thread, but I thought it'd be fun to revive it.

Marijuana, which I used for the first time at age 10, up to the age of 14 or so, made me fatigued, absentminded and paranoid. The only popularly accepted hard drug I have done is cocaine, once. I probably would have declined it, too, it if I hadn't been thouroughly smashed.

Some interesting/rare drugs I have taken are trans-4-methylaminorex and methaqualone. I tried them specifically because I had read many rave reviews from enthusiastic users, and both were incredibly euphoric.

Drugs I'd like to try include phenmetrazine and +/-methamphetamine.

I 've never taken psychedelics and I do not plan to do so because of the high probability that I would have a dysphoric experience (given my negative experience with marijuana).

DonaldT
10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I've had a lot of alcohol.

I've taken a lot of pain killers in my time for headaches. ;)

That's about it.

I'm a good boy, I am.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3FqDZMuL_o0/R_JXL0COpBI/AAAAAAAAAO0/MB40Wp9Urss/s400/Angel+Smiley.jpg

I've always wanted to try LSD though. The one illegal drug I'm interested in. The only reason I don't take it is because I've heard some people can stay in a state of madness for the rest of their lives.

Jake Featherston
10-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I've always wanted to try LSD though. The one illegal drug I'm interested in. The only reason I don't take it is because I've heard some people can stay in a state of madness for the rest of their lives.

If there's any truth to that at all, it only applies to people who take way too much (either at one time, or in succession) and/or people who are prone to schizophrenia, or perhaps some other severe mental disorder. As a bipolar person (albeit one who refuses to take psychiatric medication...for better for for worse, and its definitely a little of both), I probably should eschew LSD, but I've made some of the most amazing and intensely pleasurable experiences of my life due to its influence, and I would very much like to do some again, soon (I did it probably about 25 times from 1985-1995). I recently posted two messages on Cragislist asking about how easy it either is or isn't to score acid in San Francisco and Santa Cruz (we used to almost always get ours in Santa Cruz, back in the day, and San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district was a place where one could get it as well - rumours abounded about Berkeley, but we never tried there), but my two messages got flagged & deleted almost immediately (I guess Craigslist has really fagged out, after that prostitution bust involving them, a few months back). Anyhoo, if any fellow Bay Aryans know about the availability of acid on the streets around here, or perhaps someone knows about a website that collects that sort of data, please pass the info along to yours truly.

DonaldT
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
If there's any truth to that at all, it only applies to people who take way too much (either at one time, or in succession) and/or people who are prone to schizophrenia, or perhaps some other severe mental disorder. As a bipolar person (albeit one who refuses to take psychiatric medication...for better for for worse, and its definitely a little of both), I probably should eschew LSD, but I've made some of the most amazing and intensely pleasurable experiences of my life due to its influence, and I would very much like to do some again, soon (I did it probably about 25 times from 1985-1995). I recently posted two messages on Cragislist asking about how easy it either is or isn't to score acid in San Francisco and Santa Cruz (we used to almost always get ours in Santa Cruz, back in the day, and San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district was a place where one could get it as well - rumours abounded about Berkeley, but we never tried there), but my two messages got flagged & deleted almost immediately (I guess Craigslist has really fagged out, after that prostitution bust involving them, a few months back). Anyhoo, if any fellow Bay Aryans know about the availability of acid on the streets around here, or perhaps someone knows about a website that collects that sort of data, please pass the info along to yours truly.

Yeah, pretty much. I think I've read that it's possible that one in five people are actually born with the potential to be insane (Exposed to enough stress they can be driven to madness), which is what worries me out of taking it.

In my opinion, LSD is definitely one of the most fascinating drugs, and possibly one of the most life-changing. This is what interests me in it. I've heard some users even have memory flashbacks of memories they have previously forgotten.

Cargo Cult Messiah
10-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I enjoyed marijuana as a teenager but by my mid-20's it started to make me paranoid.

I've tried cocaine maybe 3 or 4 times. It was okay, but the comedown is pretty rough.

I've smoked heroine twice and never got high.

I've dropped acid 5 times and found the the average 8 to 12 hour 'trip' a bit too much for me (especially given that it gave me pains in my legs and abdomen).

I've done magic mushrooms maybe 8 times and always had an excellent experience.

I've done meth exactly one time and it kept me up for three days. I hated it.

Przemysław
10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I've always wanted to try marijuana to see what all the hype is about, but unless it's legalized, I'm going nowhere near it.

Jake Featherston
10-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I've always wanted to try marijuana to see what all the hype is about, but unless it's legalized, I'm going nowhere near it.

Its going to be legalized in California next year (going into effect in 2011, most likely, although since it will largely still be illegal to sell it, other than in a limited number of special stores that will require local governmental authorization to open shop, and it will be heavily taxed, there will continue to be a black market for it, so its really more of a partial legalization; it will still be illegal to possess more than an ounce, but a person is unlikely to want to consume much more than a gram in one day). Marijuana tourism will probably explode in this state, and it won't be long before some other states follow suit.

Dorothy Catalonia
10-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Let's see. I was taking speed and adderall, which is like speed, when I needed to stay up all night to study for some exams last year. Then, 2 weeks after that I had to use some valium to get back on the sleeping schedule I needed to be on. But only for about a week then I was back on track. I haven't done either again.

I've had prescriptions for soma cpd and darvacet for muscle spasms, but they made me sick quite often so they are not something I would ever do regularly or abuse. And I smoked weed once and it didn't like me and I didn't like it. Made me feel really weird.

I actually got drunk for the first time a month ago on a trip to Mexico. I think I had all of about 3 beers and was ready for bed.

My only real vice is candy. :D

Innominate
10-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Its going to be legalized in California next year (going into effect in 2011, most likely, although since it will largely still be illegal to sell it, other than in a limited number of special stores that will require local governmental authorization to open shop, and it will be heavily taxed, there will continue to be a black market for it, so its really more of a partial legalization; it will still be illegal to possess more than an ounce, but a person is unlikely to want to consume much more than a gram in one day). Marijuana tourism will probably explode in this state, and it won't be long before some other states follow suit.

I doubt the US federal government would ever allow anything like that to happen... what are your sources for this news?

Helios Panoptes
10-10-2009, 06:48 AM

Why do you care? Do you have a job that tests you?

I've had prescriptions for soma cpd and darvacet for muscle spasms, but they made me sick quite often so they are not something I would ever do regularly or abuse.

Those are both worthless. Soma made me dizzy and Darvocet is what they prescribe when they want to placate you. It's useless as a pain reliever and you can't get stoned on it. It does, however, greatly depress your heart rate, giving it the potential to put you in the hospital if you try too hard to obtain recreational effects. I got hundreds of them for free, but I threw them out. They're trash. The weakest opioid that I'll take is codeine and even that is pushing it. To really feel buzzed, I need at least hydrocodone, though I'd rather have oxy or hydromorphone.

Jake Featherston
10-10-2009, 06:56 AM
I doubt the US federal government would ever allow anything like that to happen... what are your sources for this news?

Its going to be on the ballot next year as an initiative, and the polls show strong support for it. Even a number of our top politicians are coming around. Our next (Republican) Governor, ex-Congressman Tom Campbell, supports it. The recent President Pro Tempore of the state Senate came out in favour of it for his run for Oakland Mayor. He's literally afraid he can't win unless he's pro-legalization. Its become the majority position in this state.

The Feds have no authority to tell California they can't legalize marijuana. We've had specialized marijuana shops in this state since 1993, but only people with a Medical Marijuana Buyer's Card could shop there (but since the stuff doesn't cost any less than black market stuff, I never bothered to get one of those cards). The Clinton and Bush administrations tried to shut those stores down, and failed in the courts. Obama has called off the Feds in that regard. Its already pretty well established that California can have retail marijuana sales.

Jake Featherston
10-10-2009, 07:00 AM
The weakest opioid that I'll take is codeine and even that is pushing it. To really feel buzzed, I need at least hydrocodone

Hydrocodone ("Vicodin") does even less for me than Codeine does. But these drugs do affect us all in different ways. Codeine has very limited recreational benefits for me; Vicodin none at all. Hell, Valium didn't do anything for me either, even with alcohol. I think there's something about my body chemistry that makes me hyper-sensitive to stimulants, and strongly de-sensitive to downers.

Gaear Grimsrud
10-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Anyhoo, if any fellow Bay Aryans know about the availability of acid on the streets around here, or perhaps someone knows about a website that collects that sort of data, please pass the info along to yours truly.I'm interested, too. I'd like to hear from anyone who may have some info on it. I'd rather not spend an afternoon hanging out with hippies to find out where I could score some, so any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm only interested for educational purposes of course, I'd never touch the stuff.;)

Helios Panoptes
10-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Hydrocodone ("Vicodin") does even less for me than Codeine does. But these drugs do affect us all in different ways. Codeine has very limited recreational benefits for me; Vicodin none at all. Hell, Valium didn't do anything for me either, even with alcohol. I think there's something about my body chemistry that makes me hyper-sensitive to stimulants, and strongly de-sensitive to downers.

How much hydrocodone did you take? 1 or 2 pills isn't enough. You have to do a cold water extraction so you can take enough safely.

I took 500 mg of codeine a few weeks ago and it was as strong as slight alcohol intoxication. I'm talking about the kind of intoxication that you have to think about to notice.

Arcturus
10-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Those are both worthless. Soma made me dizzy and Darvocet is what they prescribe when they want to placate you. It's useless as a pain reliever and you can't get stoned on it. It does, however, greatly depress your heart rate, giving it the potential to put you in the hospital if you try too hard to obtain recreational effects. I got hundreds of them for free, but I threw them out. They're trash. The weakest opioid that I'll take is codeine and even that is pushing it. To really feel buzzed, I need at least hydrocodone, though I'd rather have oxy or hydromorphone.

Do you have any experience with barbiturates?

Joe McCarthy
10-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't see the fascination with drugs. I personally take great pride in never having indulged.

Jake Featherston
10-10-2009, 12:05 PM
How much hydrocodone did you take? 1 or 2 pills isn't enough. You have to do a cold water extraction so you can take enough safely.

I took three on an empty stomach. Not really sure what a cold water extraction is. I still have a bunch, so please do tell.

Jake Featherston
10-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't see the fascination with drugs. I personally take great pride in never having indulged.

Or ever having gotten laid. Or even held hands with a girl, for that matter.

I actually do feel for ya, Joe. You're like I was when I was 16, only you're a lot older, and don't have the solace of doing some bhong hits.

Joe McCarthy
10-10-2009, 01:29 PM

I actually do feel for ya, Joe. You're like I was when I was 16, only you're a lot older, and don't have the solace of doing some bhong hits.

I don't mean this in a personal way as you're far from the only person I've known that has used drugs. But it's been my experience that such reactions as yours to my ability to abstain probably stem from envy. I know my dad used to comment that in his alcoholic days he never liked people who abstained from drinking as it drew attention to his own weakness.

In sum, drugs are for losers.

Count Eustace II
10-10-2009, 04:35 PM

Ahhhh, now I understand why your such a raging uptight war-loving chickenhawk.

Count Eustace II
10-10-2009, 04:41 PM

Jake, I like to use a quote from the movie Good Morning, Vietnam to describe the strange case of Joe McCarthy (as said by Robin Williams character):

"You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history."

Joe McCarthy
10-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Ahhhh, now I understand why your such a raging uptight war-loving chickenhawk.

It's great when I'm called a war lover by Hitlerites.

Arcturus
10-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I took three on an empty stomach. Not really sure what a cold water extraction is. I still have a bunch, so please do tell.

You dissolve the pills in a glass of cold water. The hydrocodone goes into solution, but the acetaminophen remains undissolved because it has low solubility in cold water. You run it through a coffee filter (or whatever) and then drink the water.

Lily
10-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Alcohol, caffeine and weed. The latter only a few times when I was 18, all it did was make me sleepy and I haven't had any alcohol (except for the odd mouthful) since April.

Other than that only prescription meds. :D

Arcturus
10-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Inspired by this thread, I decided to try some hydrocodone (zero previous experience w/ opioides).

I employed the extraction method above on 5x5 mg pills, each with 500 mg paracetamol, and drank it about an hour ago. The water tastes pretty bad.

Right now I feel pretty strange. Kind of zoned out, with a heavy, dull sleepiness. I feel like if I don't keep consciously moving my eyes about and keep myself occupied, I could fall asleep in my chair. It is rather unpleasant and disconcerting.

I had been led to believe that opiates were euphoric, but I suppose that a lot of it depends on mood going into it. I am always tense and anxious when trying a drug for the first time because it is hard to relinquish control of my senses.

Jake Featherston
10-10-2009, 10:51 PM
You dissolve the pills in a glass of cold water. The hydrocodone goes into solution, but the acetaminophen remains undissolved because it has low solubility in cold water. You run it through a coffee filter (or whatever) and then drink the water.

I'll probably give that a try in the next few days. Thanks.

Arcturus
10-10-2009, 11:35 PM
And oh, man, the nausea was awful. The emetic properties of the drug conspired with its bitter taste and that of the paper towel filter to make me lose my lunch several times over. I guess some people just tolerate opiates worse than others.

bardamu
10-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Inspired by this thread, I decided to try some hydrocodone (zero previous experience w/ opioides).

I employed the extraction method above on 5x5 mg pills, each with 500 mg paracetamol, and drank it about an hour ago. The water tastes pretty bad.

Right now I feel pretty strange. Kind of zoned out, with a heavy, dull sleepiness. I feel like if I don't keep consciously moving my eyes about and keep myself occupied, I could fall asleep in my chair. It is rather unpleasant and disconcerting.

I had been led to believe that opiates were euphoric, but I suppose that a lot of it depends on mood going into it. I am always tense and anxious when trying a drug for the first time because it is hard to relinquish control of my senses.

Are we having fun yet?