PDA

View Full Version : What is your alignment ? :)

Leshrac
11-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Ok ok, this is from roleplay, but i consider identifying you this way is a funny thing to do to describe yourself :)

What is alignment?

The alignment of a character reflects how they fundamentally feel about good and evil, law and chaos.

Chaotic Good
A chaotic good character is often considered a "rebel" whose conscience leads him where it will with little regard for the expectations of others. A character of this alignment would make his own way in the world but still stop to help those in need believing in goodness but not in the strictness of laws and rules. A free-spirit but good-hearted type, a chaotic good character live life by their own moral compass with goodness as their true north but would argue against a person trying to force others to their will.

Neutral Good
A neutral good character is often considered a "benefactor" who loves to help others but does not feel she "owes" them. Neutral good is often described as "true good" as helping others often becomes their mission.

Lawful Good
A lawful good characters is often called the "crusader," combining a commitment against evil with a discipline to seek it out and destroy it where it is found. A character with this alignment is honest, trustworthy, aids the down-trodden, and fights against injustice. Guilt cannot go unpunished for a lawful good alignment combines as desire to do good with compassion and honor. Note that a lawful good alignment also can be very rigid in the way they see dishonor or evil and not bend when it comes to "looking past" such actions in those they meet or adventure with.

Chaotic Neutral
A chaotic neutral character is a "free-spirit" who follows their own whims. Their actions in one instance may not be the same in a similar circumstance a short time later. A character of this alignment is focus on himself first and foremost, valuing their own freedoms over defending those of another. Authority, traditions and restrictions are among his least favorite things.

Neutral (also known as True Neutral)
A neutral character is one that is considered "undecided" and does what, to them, seems like a good idea. A character of this alignment has no strong feelings toward good, evil, law or chaos, but this comes more from a lack of conviction or bias than a true neutrality. A truly neutral character would lean toward good only in that living in a city of "good" folks would benefit her more than living amongst "evil" ones.

Lawful Neutral (also known as True Lawful)
A lawful neutral character is often considered a "judge" who acts as laws, traditions, or personal code of conduct direct them. Living a life of order and organization are core to this character. The "law" he lives by could come from a number of sources from the religion he is part of, the government of the town he lives in or is from, or even their own personal code. The benefit of this alignment is that you can be lawful, reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Chaotic Evil
A chaotic evil is often considered a "destroyer" for destruction is the result of his hatred and greed. As a character of this alignment you would be hot-tempered, vicious and unpredictable committed to what he can gain through is ruthless, brutal ways. A chaotic evil character is more likely to join a hapless rabble than a warband for organization is not important - destruction and mayhem is. A character of this type would be more likely to over-throw his leader rather than follow him unless his leader was more brutal and stronger thus forcing you to their will. Chaotic evil is steadfast against beauty, life, and the order on which the nature of both thrive.

Neutral Evil (also known as True Evil)
A neutral evil character is often considered a "malefactor" who does whatever they can get away with. Without the guidance of rules or the vagueness chaos can bring, a neutral evil alignment means you are out for yourself, no qualms about it. You kill if you need to, want to or heck, just to get paid but feel nothing for your victim. As a neutral evil you will destroy what gets in the way of your intended target or purpose. Neutral evil could be considered the most dangerous alignment because it represents evil without honor or guidance of law or chaos.

Lawful Evil
A lawful evil character is often considered a "dominator" and lives by his own code of conduct which is the only limit to his evil. With the lawful side to his alignment it means that he cares for tradition, loyalty and order, may rule or serve yet he cares not for freedom, dignity or life. He does play by the rules but compassion and mercy are not within his vocabulary. He does not like to break laws or promise because he depends on the order of things to protect himself from the high morals of others yet condemns them based on anything from religion to race but not by their actions. As a lawful evil you may have certain "rules" you live by such as having someone else do the killing but you give the order or you can be the one in power and subjugation the people you rule over by the rules you set. A character of lawful evil alignment is evil with a methodical, intentional and often very successful outcome.

Lawful evil would describe me best :D

Vote the poll :)

Dr. Gutberlet
11-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Lawful evil. I first discovered this way of describing myself from an old D&D video game. Very accurate description.

BoloMK30
11-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Lawful good. How could a Bolo Continental Siege Unit be anything else?

Geist
11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Chaotic Neutral sounds closest to me.

Mackie
11-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Would like to think lawful good but most likely just neutral good. :)

Hachiko
11-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Lawful Evil, but evil is such a harsh word. Why not Lawful Efficient? :D

Jimbo Gomez
11-02-2006, 03:41 PM
lawful neutral

Kodos
11-02-2006, 03:59 PM
True Neutral leaning towards Lawful Evil.

Jonathan
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Lawful Neutral to Lawful Evil.

Arminius
11-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I perceive myself as Lawful Neutral.
I don't know if I am good, but I am not bad. I am lawful, though.

Count Sudoku
11-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I was called lawful evil by another player regardless of what my character was. Remember, the other characters are just as much the enemy as the monsters!

Hakluyt
11-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Always been lawful neutral since I was a lad.

Leshrac
11-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Always been lawful neutral since I was a lad.

you gotta be kidding :rofl:

cyborg
11-02-2006, 06:06 PM
That's all copyrighted material in the first post so you might want to add a reference. Companies are lawsuit happy, especially WoTC.

Alignment test: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Leshrac
11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Copyrighted my ass, this is public domain.

Trojan
11-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I just had a D&D flashback ...:dance2:

Kodos
11-02-2006, 06:36 PM
I was called lawful evil by another player regardless of what my character was. Remember, the other characters are just as much the enemy as the monsters!

Thats more chaotic evil :D.

Sandee
11-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Chaotic Neutral
A chaotic neutral character is a "free-spirit" who follows their own whims. Their actions in one instance may not be the same in a similar circumstance a short time later.1 A character of this alignment is focus on himself first and foremost, valuing their own freedoms over defending those of another. Authority, traditions and restrictions are among his least favorite things.2

1 Typical of me.

2 This bit however is a bit at odds (not completely but somewhat). I feel pulled in two different directions. I am attracted to traditions, authority and restrictions and yet I want to transcend the concept and they're not exactly my 'least favorite things'.

Dr. Gutberlet
11-02-2006, 06:50 PM
http://www.jimbo.info/weblog/archives/geeks022003.jpg

these specimens look like they're all lawful gay, I mean good.

National D&D Day is Nov. 5

Leshrac
11-02-2006, 06:53 PM
On the far left there's a genetic chaotic evil :rofl:

antibuddha
11-02-2006, 07:00 PM
True Neutral probably, but I could shift in any other direction with the exception of the lawfuls depending on mood and circumstance.

This is making me want to do a Magic: The Gathering "What Magic Color are You?" silly thread in response to this :-P (I'd be green, heh).

EDIT: I just realized this was in Psychology... Why?

Jimbo Gomez
11-02-2006, 08:46 PM
True Neutral probably, but I could shift in any other direction with the exception of the lawfuls depending on mood and circumstance.

This is making me want to do a Magic: The Gathering "What Magic Color are You?" silly thread in response to this :-P (I'd be green, heh).

EDIT: I just realized this was in Psychology... Why?

I'd be a weird green/white/blue aggro deck with fliers and psionic blast for the kill. :D

Hachiko
11-02-2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.jimbo.info/weblog/archives/geeks022003.jpg

Oh God help us, it's Sunday afternoon at diabloblanco's house, and look, there's crypto on the left ready to dole out a hummer to whoever rolls double 20's. :rofl:

VAMPIR
11-02-2006, 08:51 PM
I think that one..
Lawful Good
A lawful good characters is often called the "crusader," combining a commitment against evil with a discipline to seek it out and destroy it where it is found. A character with this alignment is honest, trustworthy, aids the down-trodden, and fights against injustice. Guilt cannot go unpunished for a lawful good alignment combines as desire to do good with compassion and honor. Note that a lawful good alignment also can be very rigid in the way they see dishonor or evil and not bend when it comes to "looking past" such actions in those they meet or adventure with.

Jake Featherston
11-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I would call myself a Lawful Good Paladin, but that'd be redundant....

Does your campaign allow for Neutral Evil Bards?

Hachiko
11-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Does your campaign allow for Neutral Evil Bards?
Alice Cooper?

Jimbo Gomez
11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm the lawful neutral sorcerer.

Hachiko
11-02-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm an obese Lawful Evil Fighter who is still stuck at Level 1 at 32 years old. :(
But I got a sweet Elf wife and two Half-elf kids! :D

Billy Score
11-02-2006, 09:08 PM
lawful evil or chaotic evil. When it comes down to it, i dont really care how it gets done, just as long as there is alot of misery on everyone else, because people are beneath contempt.

Daniel Shays
11-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Lawful Good and Lawful Evil.

Isra'il Yahya
11-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Neutral Good
A neutral good character is often considered a "benefactor" who loves to help others but does not feel she "owes" them. Neutral good is often described as "true good" as helping others often becomes their mission.

Kodos
11-02-2006, 09:52 PM
lawful evil or chaotic evil. When it comes down to it, i dont really care how it gets done, just as long as there is alot of misery on everyone else, because people are beneath contempt.

That would be neutral evil.

sugartits
11-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Chaotic neutral. Neutral evil when I'm in a rough mood or drink too much whiskey.

Arrow Cross
11-02-2006, 10:07 PM
What is your alignment ?
Lawful Good, living in a Lawful (and sometimes Chaotic) Evil world.

I'm an obese Lawful Evil Fighter who is still stuck at Level 1 at 32 years old. :(
But I got a sweet Elf wife and two Half-elf kids! :D
In your dreamland, racemixer idiot.

Hachiko
11-02-2006, 10:17 PM
In your dreamland, racemixer idiot.
That's out of left field....
Is there something I have done to earn this hostility?

Der Sozialist
11-02-2006, 10:18 PM
That's out of left field....
Is there something I have done to earn this hostility?

Arrow Cross has a crush on cryptohooker.

Hachiko
11-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Arrow Cross has a crush on cryptohooker.
Aaahhhhh, that explains much, but also raises many more disturbing questions and potentially nightmarish images...thanks for the info.
Well AC, instead of pickin on poor ol' me, why not head down to Carolina with a KFC #3 combo meal, a dime bag, and a lukewarm bottle of Schlitz and you guys can consummate your unholy union.

Kodos
11-02-2006, 10:54 PM

Lawful good and people who think of themselves as such are troublemakers...

Arrow Cross
11-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Or helpless idealists. ;)

Kodos
11-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Idealists yes... idealists are troublemakers.

I appreciate the neutral and chaotic good people of the world... lawful goods should be wiped out.

Thomas777
11-02-2006, 11:16 PM
What about the option for "Kike a Like"?

The Kike-a-Like alignment means that you have a penchant for encouraging White women to breed with Orcs. You are a rogue who is likely to discourage the other members of your party from donating treasure to Aryan warriors like Lord Glenn Miller. Ever so crafty, you are capable of forcing even the staunchest Paladins to testify against their comrades before the King's Bench, all to facilitate the Jewish conquest of Middle Earth.

BoloMK30
11-02-2006, 11:16 PM
I appreciate the neutral and chaotic good people of the world... lawful goods should be wiped out.

Good Luck with that, scum-sucking alien!

Eat hot ions!:rofl: :bbbat:

Kodos
11-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Kike a likes are neutral evil of course.

Aule
11-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Mercy? You want mercy!? I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!!!! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NYxClWESMw

True neutral here.

Kodos
11-02-2006, 11:24 PM
LOL great vid.

Zrinski
11-03-2006, 03:38 AM
I like to think of myself as 'Neutral Good' but honestly I am far closer to 'Chaotic Neutral'.

Ahknaton
11-03-2006, 04:15 AM
Chaotic Good

A chaotic good character is often considered a "rebel" whose conscience leads him where it will with little regard for the expectations of others. A character of this alignment would make his own way in the world but still stop to help those in need believing in goodness but not in the strictness of laws and rules. A free-spirit but good-hearted type, a chaotic good character live life by their own moral compass with goodness as their true north but would argue against a person trying to force others to their will.
My compass points towards true north, to Ultima Thule, land of the Hyperborean! :viking:

VAMPIR
11-03-2006, 11:34 AM

LOL. Good point Palpstein.

Lily
11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I would say I am Chaotic Good. :)

antibuddha
11-04-2006, 02:54 AM
My compass points towards true north, to Ultima Thule, land of the Hyperborean!

Best bring a sweater then.

Aule
02-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Necroed.

Larrikin
02-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Necromancing qualifies as... what?... choatic evil?

Necromantic munchkins don't care about alignment as long as it allows to play a fighter-mage one-man army with lots of dice. :)

Arcturus
03-29-2010, 02:00 AM
I can't understand Ambassador Chapuy's past upbraiding. So many good older threads simply laying dormant, waiting as if in anticipation, until...

I choose lawful evil. Goods have been co-opted by egalitarian liberals.

Jarlaxle
03-29-2010, 03:41 AM
CG, though my namesake is (inaccurately, IMO) described as NE (I'd put him N or CN).

Mike
03-29-2010, 03:58 AM
Starr posted a similar thread here (http://www.thephora.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38924) with an online test which I scored "lawful good" on. Both threads' descriptions label that alignment the "crusader", but I don't really feel like a crusader, though. I suspect I am a marginal, or lukewarm, lawful good somewhat mitigated by a true neutral alignment.

Jarlaxle
04-02-2010, 03:20 AM
LG is pretty simple when you consider the archetypes: Superman & Captain America.

For the record:
NG: Spiderman
CG: Batman
LN: Constable Odo
N: Quark
CN: Catwoman, V (from V for Vendetta), Daffy Duck
LE: Don Corleone, Tony Soprano
NE: Darth Vader (vader)
CE: The Joker