PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most eccentric poster on the Phora?

Petyr Baelish
12-29-2006, 04:52 AM
Which of the Phora's luminaries do you find to be most eccentric, iconoclastic or unconventional? My vote hoes to Ixabert for reasons so obvious that they scarcely need explaining, with Julian Lee a close second, because of the bizzare superstitions he apparently sincerely believes in. Mazdak has a distinct creepiness about him, but it comes off cliched and artificial. Please don't mention obvious trolls, as histrionic flamboyance is hardly an uncommon characteristic in the general population.

kane123123/Eagle Eye/stumbler/iceman
12-29-2006, 04:53 AM
I would say that Petr is the most eccentric poster. He is truely obsessed with this creationism. I find the guy interesting.

Der Sozialist
12-29-2006, 05:10 AM
Janus or Julian Lee.

Ahknaton
12-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Julian Lee is quite eccentric (in a good way). So is Vindex, although they are both followers of certain traditions, albeit not one's that are popular today.

As for unconventionality, the poster with the most original take on racial issues is probably sprinklehopper.

Janus
12-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Daedalus, Helios Panoptes, and Ixabert are the most eccentric posters.

EDIT: I was adding content.

Oblisk
12-29-2006, 05:26 AM
What does Julian Lee believe in?

Hippias
12-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Ixabert is the most eccentric, bar none, followed by Julian, Uptight/Timothy Leary, and Helios.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 05:28 AM
What does Julian Lee believe in?
That it's good for men try to control their generative organs a little bit. For that I am classed "eccentric" here. My views are probably just straightforward Aryan. Keep in mind that the starter of this thread believes that all kinds of mind-messing drugs are safe for you and will lead mankind to Utopia. :snore:

A Methamphetamine Evangelist calling me "superstitious" for studying yogic traditions and enjoying the benefits of moral continence: That is certifiably ass-inine.

Helios is not really "eccentric," I feel. He is unusual for a crystal clear, logical way of communicating that is unvarying. Any extremely intelligent person can seem eccentric to us mediocres. To me, "Vindex" is the biggest oddball in this stew.

Hippias
12-29-2006, 05:32 AM
That it's good for men try to control their dicks a little bit. For that I am considered "eccentric." :confused:

I listed you on account of your metaphysical theories and practice of Eastern mysticism. This was not meant to be pejorative. You know how much I respect you.

Ahknaton
12-29-2006, 05:36 AM
I listed you on account of your metaphysical theories and practice of Eastern mysticism. This was not meant to be pejorative. You know how much I respect you.
Likewise._

Oblisk
12-29-2006, 05:39 AM
That it's good for men try to control their dicks a little bit.

Conservative-wise?

Mentious
12-29-2006, 05:40 AM
Thanks. But I am learning not to be thin skinned. I respect you and our Australian collaborator too. There are a lot of interesting fellows on this board, and good guys as well. But I didn't mean to spoil the fun by showing up too soon. :)
Conservative-wise?
Conserving. Yes, conserving it a bit. Bizarre, ain't it?

Oblisk
12-29-2006, 05:46 AM
I just took a gander at your website, intriguing.

Are you a christian by any means?

sugartits
12-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Ahknabashi probably is more 'eccentric' than he lets out. Having occult beliefs usually brings that label to a person, or having eccentric personality can bring a person to those beliefs. Either or, maybe it's back and forth.

But do what thou wilt.

http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/confess/swatch01.jpg

As for ixabert, he is from the eccentric dimension; a ball of eccentricic energy that is ever-changing, and despite occasional stabilization and manifestation into the physical realm, can never be contained in a static form. This is perhaps also why he does not masturbate.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 05:53 AM
I just took a gander at your website, intriguing. Are you a christian by any means?
I wouldn't derail this heady gossip thread by that everyday guy, the drug connoisseur, but I started out Catholic and just basically deepened in that until the bottom fell out.

Starr
12-29-2006, 05:56 AM
Ix definitely. I don't find Mazdak to be all that strange.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Mazdak is a classic man, with classic moral views, and that is why some knuckleheads here classify him as strange.

that guy
12-29-2006, 06:01 AM
Partial list of eccentric posters:

*Nick*, 007, Ahmadinebobina, albion, Arnold Steelone, Arthur Daley, Aule, B-Pep, Bamse Skjorta Kriger, banjo_billy, barbarroja, Beowulf, Big Vinny, Billy Score, BippityBop, BoardTracker, Burrhus, calvin, ceerwer, cerberus, Commander, Count Sudoku, cream, Cyprian, Dances with Wolves, Delos, DEVS SOL INVICTVS, DissidentMan, Draco, Draugen, elbwgreez, Elysium, Evil_shah, Forza Azzurri, Girl_from_Tomici, God123123, gooddeath, guy, Hachiko, Hawking, Hlinkova Garda, Insidium, integrity, ivory bill, Janus, JohnAFlynn, Julian Lee, Keystone, Kodos, kultron, LastResort56, Leifr Eiricsson, LeoAlbus, leondegrance, Leshrac, Lionheart, longcut, NKVD, Oblisk, odin, PAXRAHOWA, Razikashvili, Roland, Scryllak, Shades of Revolution, SlagMaster, Slavic Wolf, Star, Sturmwaffen, sugartits, Sulla the Dictator, the Ugly American, themistocles, Tragic, tricknologist, Trojan, yllica, | I, CWAS

sugartits
12-29-2006, 06:01 AM
Mazdak is a classic man, with classic moral views

Such as his preoccupation with extreme violence towards females.

Starr
12-29-2006, 06:03 AM
I do think some of the things he says are a little strange, especially in regards to women. I don't think he likes us(or at least the certain modern women) too well,:p but I think he distorts it sometimes for a certain effect. Julian Lee you are a little different in a very interesting way.

Forza Azzurri
12-29-2006, 06:06 AM
Mazdak is one interesting character. I also think Besoshivili is up there with his dry, hardcore marxist-leninist arguments. Does that guy ever sleep? He told me once that he drinks gallons of coffee everyday.

Helios Panoptes
Ixabert, with Thoth as a close second, followed by Vindex and Julian.

kane123123/Eagle Eye/stumbler/iceman
Partial list of eccentric posters:

*Nick*, 007, Ahmadinebobina, albion, Arnold Steelone, Arthur Daley, Aule, B-Pep, Bamse Skjorta Kriger, banjo_billy, barbarroja, Beowulf, Big Vinny, Billy Score, BippityBop, BoardTracker, Burrhus, calvin, ceerwer, cerberus, Commander, Count Sudoku, cream, Cyprian, Dances with Wolves, Delos, DEVS SOL INVICTVS, DissidentMan, Draco, Draugen, elbwgreez, Elysium, Evil_shah, Forza Azzurri, Girl_from_Tomici, God123123, gooddeath, guy, Hachiko, Hawking, Hlinkova Garda, Insidium, integrity, ivory bill, Janus, JohnAFlynn, Julian Lee, Keystone, Kodos, kultron, LastResort56, Leifr Eiricsson, LeoAlbus, leondegrance, Leshrac, Lionheart, longcut, NKVD, Oblisk, odin, PAXRAHOWA, Razikashvili, Roland, Scryllak, Shades of Revolution, SlagMaster, Slavic Wolf, Star, Sturmwaffen, sugartits, Sulla the Dictator, the Ugly American, themistocles, Tragic, tricknologist, Trojan, yllica, | I, CWAS
guy, you made your list so big that it really isn't an elite group...I see I made your giant and overstreched list but wonder if I would still qualify if you had to chose maybe 5-10 (max) people...

Sean
12-29-2006, 06:07 AM
The Phora is meant for eccentric people.:)

Ahknaton
12-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Yeah, I forgot about Thoth. I wish he would post more often.

Oblisk
12-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Such as his preoccupation with extreme violence towards females.

Which preoccupations?

Helios Panoptes
12-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I forgot about Thoth. I wish he would post more often.

Likewise. I get a kick out of Thoth and always read his posts.

Starr
12-29-2006, 06:11 AM
guy, you made your list so big that it really isn't an elite group...I see I made your giant and overstreched list...

that looks to be what is probably a copy of the currently active users list.:p

No one, for example, could think "the ugly american" is strange. He seems about as normal as it gets, in most regards.

Helios Panoptes
12-29-2006, 06:14 AM
It is barely believable that no one has yet mentioned Noddy. For shame. He is as eccentric as anyone who has ever posted on any forum, including Ix.

TruthSeeker
12-29-2006, 06:43 AM
It's nice and all a select few in the Phora have decided on their candinate for the most eccentric poster, however, you all have decided to conveniently ignore me. :whip: Am I going have to convert myself into self-hating, fowl-spewing Troll?

By the way, I picked Der Sozialist and The Retard. These two have managed to genuinely annoy me.

sugartits
12-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Which preoccupations?

I only mentioned one.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 06:47 AM
It's true Mazdak says things about women that are too harsh. But he is probably just floating polemics, a reaction to the unhappy warpage that feminism (untrammeled female desire) is bringing to society. Even so, his sentiments are common among men. I find his apparent interest in Russian communism much more anomalous.

Starr
12-29-2006, 06:54 AM
I think relations between males and females have gotten very bad. You see this more in actions than words, the very disrepectful way males and females treat each other,etc. but if it is true that Mazdak's sentiments are common among men, that is very sad.:( I can kind of see it being somewhat true.

TruthSeeker
12-29-2006, 06:55 AM
I think relations between males and females have gotten very bad. You see this more in actions than words, but if it is true that Mazdak sentiments are common among men, that is very sad.:( I can kind of see it being somewhat true.

It is true.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 06:57 AM
I think relations between males and females have gotten very bad.
Yes, it is certainly as you say. It's a real problem now and everything's off kilter. There is extreme resentment on both sides. There is blame for both sides, IMO.

Sulla the Dictator
12-29-2006, 07:01 AM
That it's good for men try to control their dicks a little bit. For that I am classed "eccentric" here.

You believe in a bit more than that, Julian, which is what people might find eccentric.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 07:10 AM
It's nice and all a select few in the Phora have decided on their candidate for the most eccentric poster, however, you all have decided to conveniently ignore me. :whip: Am I going have to convert myself into self-hating, foul-spewing Troll?
Truly, you are the most bizarre character to ever disturb this forum. You are an enigma, wrapped in a kajigma, and tucked inside of a conundrum sealed in Maharashtra Joo-Joo. :)

Oblisk
12-29-2006, 07:10 AM
You believe in a bit more than that,

Such as?

TruthSeeker
12-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Truly, you are the most bizarre character to ever disturb this forum. You are an enigma, wrapped in a kajigma, and tucked inside of a conundrum. :)

At least I am recognized now. :D

Mentious
12-29-2006, 07:15 AM
You believe in a bit more than that, Julian, which is what people might find eccentric.

"Then I saw her face
(Deet-dee-Deet-dee-Deet)
Now I'm a believer
(Deet-dee-Deet-dee-Deet)
Not a trace
Of doubt in my mind..."

Did you know that Neil Diamond actually wrote that song?
Such as?
What's this, The Inquisition? I could use this podium but I am bored. I ought to, because I am sure the Meth Preacher will start chewing his gums seeing me hold forth in his profound thread on "Phora luminaries." Um, I believe that Joe Walsh was one of the best rock guitarists and that Mozart's Symphony 29 in A is his prettiest symphony. And James Kunstler is the best architecture critic. And dharma is dharma. What else do you want to know?

Oblisk
12-29-2006, 07:35 AM
What's this, The Inquisition? I could use this podium but I am bored. I ought to, because I am sure the Meth Preacher will go on overload seeing me hold forth in his snarky thread for "Phora luminaries." Um, I believe that Joe Walsh was one of the best rock guitarists and that Mozart's Symphony 29 in A is his prettiest symphony. Also, James Kunstler is the best architecture critic. And dharma is dharma. What else do you want to know?

I read through your site, and I found it to be extremely interesting.

Sorry for my sudden interest in yourself, but you must believe me when I meant no harm.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 07:47 AM
I forgive thee, son. :)

Petyr Baelish
12-29-2006, 08:07 AM
That it's good for men try to control their dicks a little bit.

I've not had an emission in three days. I am now capable of levitating at a distance of three feet from the floor, and creating cat-sized objects ex nihlo. Perhaps, after four or five decades of strenuous self-discipline and moritification, I'll have your awesome powers and be able to create entire universes, as you apparently do on a daily basis.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Don't be an idiot.

Petyr Baelish
12-29-2006, 08:15 AM
You are a flaming idiot.

And three days is not much to crow about.

How long must I not ejaculate before I can create a planet and some beings to worship me?

Mentious
12-29-2006, 08:17 AM
I wouldn't know about that, and this is polite company until you returned.

(I hate to break it to you: Maybe the classical values of continence and self-control are stunningly novel to you, but three days of chastity is not much of a moral accomplishment. Try laying off the exciter drugs for a start. :deadhorse: )

Ahknaton
12-29-2006, 08:20 AM
"Something 'bout these little pills, unreal, the thrill, they yield, until, they kill, a million, braincells..."

Helios Panoptes
12-29-2006, 08:21 AM
How long must I not ejaculate before I can create a planet and some beings to worship me?

After two weeks, the chasm between reality and your desire collapses, and they become one.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Are you gunning to be more "eccentric" than me, Helios? No way! I'm the top eccentric. :cool:
Actually, you and I are in the lead. I must dislodge you before midnight on the Twelfth of Nunca.

Petyr Baelish
12-29-2006, 08:24 AM
After two weeks, the chasm between reality and your desire collapses, and they become one.

I wonder if, like, Julian Lee is creating me, or if I am creating him. Or, maybe, we're both, like, creating each other at the same time?

Dude, that's so far out, it's like some quantum shit or something!

Mentious
12-29-2006, 08:26 AM
It's a little over your head, child. Some day you'll be able to join in with adult philosophical talk.

Ahknaton
12-29-2006, 08:27 AM
I wonder if, like, Julian Lee is creating me, or if I am creating him. Or, maybe, we're both, like, creating each other at the same time?
http://www.winnlederer.com/artshow/zodiac/images/Ouroboros.jpg

Janus
12-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Sinners always have this excuse (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm).After two weeks, the chasm between reality and your desire collapses, and they become one. I have gone longer. ;)

Mentious
12-29-2006, 08:31 AM
I like the illustration supplied by Ahknaton. It is an apt as a symbol for duality and simultaneity of dreamer and dreamed. Both things I have talked about in some posts, and which the Meth-Odist finds scandalous. The picture reminds me of those old folkish jokes in which the Creator is off having a secret pow-wow with Satan. Those are great stories.

http://julianlee.com/images/Ouroboros250.jpg

sugartits
12-29-2006, 08:33 AM
This thread was created as a front to discuss masturbation!

Mentious
12-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Not by me! Notice who brought it up. He follows me around with these things stuck in his craw. I discuss that subject only where others are already discussing it. Next he'll be barking about the fact that I'm an astrologer. Egads! :eek:

sugartits
12-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Do you find 'eccentric' to be an insulting term?

Mentious
12-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Do you find 'eccentric' to be an insulting term?
Not in the least. But this is insulting:
...with Julian Lee a close second, because of the bizzare superstitions he apparently sincerely believes in.
This from the former "Timothy Leary," a guy who believes we will all arrive at Utopia by purchasing and swallowing brain-distorting drugs from down on the corner. I mean, he apparently sincerely believes in that. And thrashes and trashes if I dare broach classical yoga, traditional virtue, or anything wholesome whatever. Normally I overlook him. On the other hand, drug pushers deserve special attention from me, because I deeply care about human beings and their genuine long-term well being.

sugartits
12-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Well, different strokes for different blokes.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 08:55 AM
You got it, babe. Just like 'Sly' said:

"Different strokes for different folks
And so on, and so on, and Scooby-Dooby-Doobie..."

When are you going to change your avatar anyway?

Janus
12-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Well, different strokes for different blokes. Are you uncomfortable naming those behaviors you dislike? :)

sugartits
12-29-2006, 08:58 AM

When the cyclops says I can. He is very irascible.

sugartits
12-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Are you uncomfortable naming those behaviors you dislike? :)

What is this you're on about?

Mentious
12-29-2006, 09:01 AM
When the cyclops says I can. He is very irascible.
It's actually YOU who is irrascible, right? Your avatar tells me you are cynical about feminine flirtation. Unlike the other women posters, you deny the men here any sense of the female charms avatars can convey. There is a reason for that. On the other hand, your user name belies this. So possibly you are conflicted about it.:cool:

Janus
12-29-2006, 09:03 AM
What is this you're on about?The statement you made is often spoken by individuals whom are uncomfortable judging others. :)

Helios Panoptes
12-29-2006, 09:06 AM
You got it, babe. Just like 'Sly' sed. And so on, and so on, and Scooby-Dooby-Doobie...

Maybe she should change it 35 times per day. :p

Mentious
12-29-2006, 09:06 AM
I usually hear the phrase "Different strokes for different folks" as someone "at a loss" to analyze anything deeply; being sort of lame about making judgements, rather than uncomfortable. Whoever quotes "Sly and the Family Stone" must be at a loss.

No offense to you, Sugar Breasts. :)

http://julianlee.com/images/SlyStone.jpg

Janus
12-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Maybe she should change it 35 times per day. He may be using it like a mood-ring. ;)

sugartits
12-29-2006, 09:10 AM
'Different strokes for different blokes' was another take on the saying 'different strokes for different folks'. Don't you get it? ;) Don't tell me I have to elaborate further.

hint: masturbation

Mentious
12-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Har Har. We Americans can be slow.

Are you English?

sugartits
12-29-2006, 09:26 AM
It's actually YOU who is irrascible, right? Your avatar tells me you are cynical about feminine flirtation.

So the Cyclops speaks to you, too? That is reassurance of my sanity.

Are you English?

Not in the least.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Yes, an English girl would not likely use the moniker "Sugar Tits." That's crassly American.

sugartits
12-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Yes, an English girl would unlikely use the name "Sugar Tits." That's so crassly American.

This is unfounded.

sugartits
12-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Julian, I can't help but notice you have changed your avatar again.

That is the best picture so far. I cannot say it is bad to look at.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Ay, it's just I'm younger theihr, lass. ;)

I like to be entertaining here. I change the 'avatar' to fit the post or thread I'm most into at the time. It's less clicks than typing the word "clicks."

So are you an American?

Lily
12-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Well definately Ixabert, I want to say Helios for the whole blood thing and possibly Mazdak for wanting women banned from the internet (amongst other things).

sugartits
12-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Thank you. I like to be entertaining here. And I change to an 'avatar' that most fits the post or thread I'm most caring about at the moment. It's less clicks than typing the word "clicks." So are you an American?

No, thankfully.

I'm a 'Canadian'.

Mentious
12-29-2006, 09:45 AM
"Thankfully." You people are so haughty.

You use it to cover your inferiority complex. I couldn't believe how rude Canadians were to my family and I as we passed through the Yukon from Alaska.

Honestly, you Canadians are sweet and simple and that's a virtue. But you are also mediocre. If anything you are TOO influenced by Americans (thus "SugarTits"). And you're descending into racial weakness and cultural chaos with uncontrolled immigration. So don't be so proud. When Canadians respect their European heritage more than Americans, I'll admire them over Americans.

Janus
12-29-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm a 'Canadian'. Canada is in America. :)

sugartits
12-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Canada is in America. :)

'American' is a designation usually used to refer to people from the United States of America.

Janus
12-29-2006, 10:24 AM
'American' is a designation usually used to refer to people from the United States of America. I do not care.

Fade the Butcher
12-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Glenn Miller. He declared war on the federal government, appointed himself President of the Confederacy, and attempted to incite a civil war. No one else here has appeared on the Sally Jesse Raphael show.

Burrhus
12-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Jeez, post #83 and I'm the first to nominate Hachiko as most eccentric? What definition of eccentric is everyone else using? My dictionary has a picture of Hachiko next to the word eccentric.

il ragno
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Glenn Miller. He declared war on the federal government, appointed himself President of the Confederacy, and attempted to incite a civil war. No one else here has appeared on the Sally Jesse Raphael show.

Well, I did a MAURY once.

Thankfully, however, I was....not...the father!

sugartits
12-29-2006, 11:36 AM
I do not care.

Bullshit. !!

il ragno
12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
"Eccentric"??.....and who's normal here?!?

Bottom line: if you post regularly to a board like this and you're over, say, 30 years old, you're deeply alienated from the culture, and the society, around you.

If you're under 30 and a regular here, you're probably a lifelong social misfit never connected to the mainstream long enough to be "alienated" from it.

And if you're 21 or under and have more than 500 posts logged here, or at any far-right wack- err, I mean "free speech" board.....seek professional help immediately. Now, or you might never get a date!

Helios Panoptes
12-29-2006, 12:49 PM
"Eccentric"??.....and who's normal here?!?

Bottom line: if you post regularly to a board like this and you're over, say, 30 years old, you're deeply alienated from the culture, and the society, around you.

If you're under 30 and a regular here, you're probably a lifelong social misfit never connected to the mainstream long enough to be "alienated" from it.

And if you're 21 or under and have more than 500 posts logged here, or at any far-right wack- err, I mean "free speech" board.....seek professional help immediately. Now, or you might never get a date!

I fell into the last category.

Hachiko
12-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Jeez, post #83 and I'm the first to nominate Hachiko as most eccentric? What definition of eccentric is everyone else using? My dictionary has a picture of Hachiko next to the word eccentric.
In 6th grade one of my classmates asked our teacher what "eccentric" meant. He responded that it was simply a word for a crazy rich person.
Given my economic status, I still qualify as "loony". :nuts:

Sulla the Dictator
12-29-2006, 01:56 PM

False..............

VAMPIR
12-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Probably Ixabert and Petr. But there are some more posters who are eccentric...

Praetor
12-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Me clearly...

Dr. Gutberlet
12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
People usually label me as such, but I view myself as just your garden variety sociopath.

Geist
12-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Ixabert, and Noddy spring to mind as eccentrics. Julian I tend not to read [its just too far out for my tastes], but it is clear that he has a world-view that most of us are unlikely to believe in. I never thought of Helios as eccentric until recently, but its only been a mild change. Mazdak seems like the women-hating, old-school, Conan-the-Barbarian watching guy that all of us know in real life. Come to think of it one could probably list off 30-50 damn-straight eccentrics on this forum.

Winston
12-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Ixabert is by far the strangest 19-year-old I hope to never meet.

Keystone
12-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Ixabert is by far the strangest 19-year-old I hope to never meet.
Ixabert could be having us all on. Being strange on the internet gets you attention.

Burrhus
12-29-2006, 09:30 PM
People usually label me as such, but I view myself as just your garden variety sociopath.

Such honesty is truly eccentric today.

A man who admires Greta Garbo can't be all bad.

MrAngry
12-29-2006, 10:02 PM

Dont elevate yourself, your just a plain old idiot, with a pinch of ignorance.. :rofl:

Steppenwolf
12-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Why is Ixabert eccentric? :confused:

Keystone
12-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Why is Ixabert eccentric? :confused:
He's not.

The one closest to eccentric here would be il ragno.

antibuddha
12-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Posters like Ixabert and Petr don't really seem eccentric to me at all. In fact, they seem highly typical of their type. Someone who is eccentric should have highly individualized and idiosyncratic ideas and manners of expressing them, whereas they seem to toe their party lines, to use the phrase. If someone was both a transhumanist-eugenicist and a fundamentalist Christian, and had unique arguments for being such, rather than reading and quoting popular transhumanists or Christian authors, than I would say that person is highly eccentric. Granted, I haven't really read much of Ixabert's or Petr's, except where I engaged them. Having uncommon or unpopular ideas may make you a bit eccentric, but the most eccentric though?

Keystone
12-29-2006, 11:06 PM
If someone was both a transhumanist-eugenicist and a fundamentalist Christian
They would be a candidate for the Most Confusing Poster.

antibuddha
12-29-2006, 11:16 PM
It's not an impossible position to come to, if, like I said, you interpret them idiosyncratically. I actually saw a website or person somewhere making this argument, which is why I brought it up. They weren't really 'confusing', but it was indeed eccentric.

Der Sozialist
12-29-2006, 11:57 PM

I guess this describes the majority of the posters here—including me. However, I don’t come here to socialize but merely to discuss certain topics that I do not have a chance or do not feel comfortable to do otherwise.

For example, I do not chat with phora posters on MSN.

Burrhus
12-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Dont elevate yourself, your just a plain old idiot, with a pinch of ignorance.. :rofl:

You certainly aren't eccentric, MrA. You are so tragically mundane.

Mike
12-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Honestly, who isn't eccentric on the Phora? A much better question would be "Who is the most conventional poster on the Phora?" My answer for that question is probably Ugly American or Keystone, who seem to recognize the absurdity without turning into a bomb-throwing (figuratively speaking) radical like me. Sulla seems to not recognize the absurdity as much as buy into it, which would make him 100% conventional IMO. Except for them and a couple others (sorry for not naming all the conventional folks), everyone else (including myself!) I regard as a nut.

Jake Featherston
12-30-2006, 06:46 AM
False..............

What could be a more sure sign of one's total, pathetic alienation than that one has to publicly deny it? It almost makes me sad for poor old Sulla. Not quite, however.

OVERWATCH
12-30-2006, 06:59 AM
1. Ixabert
2. Julian Lee
3. Noddy/Ender
4. Daisy
5. Mazdak
6. Truthseeker
7. Thoth
8. Akhnaton
9. Petr
10. Myself

Mentious
12-30-2006, 07:29 AM
I see I'm number two. I don't know whether to be honored or insulted. I'll consider that this thread starter, having a juvenile sense of language, intended "eccentric" in its meaning of "extraordinary." :)

Thank you, thank you. I am bowing low.

Sean
12-30-2006, 07:30 AM
Honestly, who isn't eccentric on the Phora? A much better question would be "Who is the most conventional poster on the Phora?" My answer for that question is probably Ugly American or Keystone, who seem to recognize the absurdity without turning into a bomb-throwing (figuratively speaking) radical like me. Sulla seems to not recognize the absurdity as much as buy into it, which would make him 100% conventional IMO. Except for them and a couple others (sorry for not naming all the conventional folks), everyone else (including myself!) I regard as a nut.

I agree with this.

Starr
12-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Except for them and a couple others (sorry for not naming all the conventional folks), everyone else (including myself!) I regard as a nut.

This line is priceless.:rofl:
I wasn't exactly sure if this question was related to a person's unconventional views making them eccentric or more about them seeming to have a different style of personality, than a lot of people, one that stands out, somehow, but I guess those things kind of go together a lot of the time.

I don't know whether to be honored or insulted. I'll consider that this thread starter, having a juvenile sense of language, intended "eccentric" in its meaning of "extraordinary."

Thank you, thank you. I am bowing low

I would view it as positive. In the very least it means people do not see you as average.

Helios Panoptes
12-30-2006, 07:46 AM
I see I'm number two. I don't know whether to be honored or insulted. I'll consider that this thread starter, having a juvenile sense of language, intended "eccentric" in its meaning of "extraordinary." :)

Uptight Seattlite is a funny guy. I like him.

Mentious
12-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Uptight Seattlite is a funny guy. I like him.
What's to like. He's catty and mean. But if you like him, then I guess he scores some points. But you almost made it into the Top 10 yourself, Helios. So what does it mean when an "eccentric" Phorite approves of you? Hmmm? :wave:
I would view it as positive. In the very least it means people do not see you as average.
Ah, the sweet comfort of Woman. :kiss:

I have done my best to hijack this ill-conceived thread of the illicit pharmacologist. :hijacked:

Helios Panoptes
12-30-2006, 07:56 AM
It doesn't bother me. I do not mind being eccentric. I do not consider myself a "great" man by any means, but many of them were eccentric. It's good company, I reckon. :)

Mentious
12-30-2006, 08:04 AM
When a man is young, he wants to gain respect by being eccentric. As he gets older, he wants respect but realizes it's not gained through sheer eccentricity. He comes to deplore intentional eccentricity used as a device for attention-getting.

The fellows in this thread who were clamoring to be nominated 'eccentric': You can have by second place ribbon whenever you want.

Helios Panoptes
12-30-2006, 08:07 AM
When a man is young, he wants to gain respect by being eccentric. As he gets older, he wants respect but realizes it's not gained through sheer eccentricity.

I do not believe that eccentricity gains one respect. It follows quite naturally from certain personality traits.

il ragno
12-30-2006, 10:31 AM
When a man is young, he wants to gain respect by being eccentric. As he gets older, he wants respect but realizes it's not gained through sheer eccentricity. He comes to deplore intentional eccentricity used as a device for attention-getting.

The fellows in this thread who were clamoring to be nominated 'eccentric': You can have by second place ribbon whenever you want.

I mostly agree but I would add this: it's pretty much out of our hands. You can't control what others think of you, or say about you: I think the saddest people on this earth are those so paranoid about fitting in to 'norms' that they'll adopt opinions, attitudes, even entire personas purely for the sake of not making any waves and reinforcing somebody else's status quo.

It's also the #1 reason why rich is better than poor - the rich are more tolerant of, and less-judgmental towards, idiosyncracy - while the poor and especially the middle-class are ever-vigilant to spot it and suppress/destroy it, and almost always for reasons rank with the cloying perfume of bogus morality and phony sanctimony.

Besides, I've yet to encounter a pillar of working-class 'normality' who doesn't genuflect before money and isn't eager to whore himself to those who have lots of it. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Hartmann von Aue
12-30-2006, 10:45 AM
It's also the #1 reason why rich is better than poor - the rich are more tolerant of, and less-judgmental towards, idiosyncracy - while the poor and especially the middle-class are ever-vigilant to spot it and suppress/destroy it, and almost always for reasons rank with the cloying perfume of bogus morality and phony sanctimony.

While some rich people are more tolerant of eccentricity, your idea that ordinary people attack the eccentric because of their "bogus morality" and "phony sanctimony" doesn't ring true. It has more to do with the need to insulate the ego, to avoid "contamination" or association with the oddball, the need to feel adequate. Often it depends on very much on the psychology of the middle class and poor people you're among. Folks in the country can be much more tolerant, if they are not under the kind of psychological siege that seems to oppress most people in the city.

Lord Chesterfield's letters cover the issue among the people who style themselves to be "society."

Mentious
12-30-2006, 10:54 AM
The middle class is trying to maintain its stability that way. Stability is part of what defines the middle class.

I liked that post, Il Ragno. Except for the part classifying the morality of the middle class (all of it?) as "bogus."

Leshrac
12-30-2006, 11:07 AM
I think relations between males and females have gotten very bad. You see this more in actions than words, the very disrepectful way males and females treat each other,etc. but if it is true that Mazdak's sentiments are common among men, that is very sad.:( I can kind of see it being somewhat true.

Obviously womens are getting more and more disrespectful with mens.

:rofl:

Leshrac

Leshrac

Helios Panoptes
12-30-2006, 11:32 AM

To be fair, that was one poster.

il ragno
12-30-2006, 11:37 AM
I liked that post, Il Ragno. Except for the part classifying the morality of the middle class (all of it?) as "bogus."

Actually that's not quite what I said. Bogus morality refers to just that, it doesn't subsume all concepts of morality.

But since the point's been raised - there's no point in going on and on, as we all do here, re the death of the West and the systemic poisoning of civil society, while pretending that certain portions of it enjoy a force-field of natural immunity from venality, stupidity, cultural amnesia or any of the rest of it.

MrAngry
12-30-2006, 12:19 PM
You certainly aren't eccentric, MrA. You are so tragically mundane.

I bet its a barrel of laughs in the Burrhus household.

Why don't you join VNN or SF, they are all racist and keep opposing views very tightly regulated. Then you can have some very exciting conversations agreeing with each other.

Petr
12-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Wise words.

Could we apply "Golden Mean" here as well? One should be a proper mixture of eccentricity and conventionality.

Petr

Petr
12-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Ixabert could be having us all on. Being strange on the internet gets you attention.
Indeed - most people nominated on this thread are mere insincere poseurs.

I, on the other hand, mean every word I say.

(Well, almost. :p )

Petr