PDA

View Full Version : See how you would do in a colour blind world...

sugartits
01-02-2007, 05:24 AM
http://www.mcw.edu/cellbio/colorvision/test1.htm

Try it out.

I got all of them right except for one -the crayons. Is it possible to tell apart the red crayon?

Kriger
01-02-2007, 06:02 AM
That's a good one.

The color crayon was difficult. Even though it can be seen that one had to be red, too many looked like it could be the one. I got that one wrong, too.

One time I had everyone at work wear blind-folds to get an idea of what it is like to be blind. I reminded them that having been born with sight, we had mental pictures to relate to. i.e. we pick up a pencil, identify it by it's physical feel, and have a mental picture of what it looks like. People blind from birth have no such mental pictures.

This is a good awareness test. Too many times we take the beauty of color for granted.

Ahknaton
01-02-2007, 06:06 AM
I didn't get any except the meat one, and I think that was a lucky guess. Food looks rather unappetising in a colour blind world. If you look at most computer and cellphone/PDA interfaces you will notice that red/green colour schemes are almost never found. This is because they are designed to be useable by people with red/green colour-blindness.

Helios Panoptes
01-02-2007, 06:13 AM
I got the meat and the number.

The Retard
01-02-2007, 06:57 AM
I only got the number one right. But I picked the bloodiest meat.

Lily
01-02-2007, 02:14 PM
I only got the number one right. But I picked the bloodiest meat.
Ditto. I also got the cell one correct, but it was a guess.

Ahknaton
02-28-2013, 01:03 PM
A website that lets you simulate colourblindness:

www.rehue.net