PDA

View Full Version : Texan stages pig races to protest building of mosque

Ahknaton
01-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Texas Man Stages Pig Races to Protest Islamic Neighbor's Plans to Build Mosque

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,241897,00.html

KATY, Texas — When an Islamic group moved in next door and told Craig Baker the pigs on his family's 200-year-old Texas farm had to go, he and his swine decided to fight back.

In protest of being asked to move, Davis began staging elaborate pig races on Friday afternoons — one of the Islamic world's most holy days.

Craig's neighbors, the Katy Islamic Association, have plans to build a mosque and community compound on the 11 acres they purchased alongside his farm.

Baker, 46, a stone-shop owner whose family has owned the farm for two centuries, says the association knew about the pigs when they bought the property, and it's not fair for them to ask him to get rid of the animals.

"I am just defending my rights and my property," Baker said. "They totally disrespected me and my family."

Initially Baker and Kamel Fotouh, the president of the 500-member Islamic Association, were on good terms. But things turned sour at a town meeting, where Baker says Fotouh insulted him by asking him to move.

"That was the last straw for me ... calling me a liar, especially in front of three or four hundred people at that meeting," Baker said. "Mr. Fotouh said it would be a good idea if I considered packing up my stuff and moving out further to the country."

Fotouh says his group has to construct the mosque because the others in the Houston area don't provide the kind of environment they are looking for.

"We feel that these mosques are not fulfilling the needs of the community as they should. So, our vision is to have an integrated facility," said Fotouh.

He said the pig races no longer bother him or his members, and they're going ahead with their plans to construct the mosque.

Muslims do not hate pigs, he added, they just don't eat them.

Neighbors have been showing support for Baker's races, even coming in the pouring rain and giving donations ranging from $100 to $1000 to sponsor the events.

Last Friday, more than 100 attended the pig races, and many say they don't want the mosque either. Some fear it will appear out of place and hurt their property values.

FOXNews' Kim McIntyre contributed to this report.

Starr
01-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Initially Baker and Kamel Fotouh, the president of the 500-member Islamic Association, were on good terms. But things turned sour at a town meeting, where Baker says Fotouh insulted him by asking him to move.

Excuse me? a white American whose family has lived on this property forever being asked to move by someone who should not even be living in this country? What is wrong with this picture? The pig races are funny in a stupid way, but it is good to see a white man stand up to pushy and much too bold foreigners. Hopefully he will be able to do this with the mexicans as well. He has it in him, I think.

Kriger
01-08-2007, 10:39 AM
If the intentions are to build a mosque there, the intentions are also to develop an Islamic community to surround it. Which will require residential zoning laws to supercede the agricultural zoning laws, if this has not been already done.

Due to the fact that residential zones bring in more tax dollars than agricultural ones, it does not take much brain work to see where this is going.

If the man does not willingly relocate his farm further out in the country, he will be forced to do so with the zoning laws. Either that, or get rid of his hogs.

Disgusting, to say the least.

Dr. Gutberlet
01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
If you give islamic vermin a centimeter, and they will then demand a kilometer. Appeasement does not work, it only serves to embolden them.

| I, CWAS
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
I haven't heard of Christians doing this. Granted the conservatives are no fan of homosexuals, evolution and abortion, but you rarely hear them making such demands. I would open up a bacon factory right on my property if I were the owner, so that they can smell it all day, everyday.

Lily
01-08-2007, 02:30 PM
He was way out of line by asking him to move. :mad:

Hachiko
01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
If you give islamic vermin a centimeter, and they will then demand a kilometer. Appeasement does not work, it only serves to embolden them.
If you give a dunecoon a centimeter, not only will they demand a kilometer, they will also demand it be renamed a "length of Muhammed's beard".

ironweed
01-08-2007, 02:55 PM
If the intentions are to build a mosque there, the intentions are also to develop an Islamic community to surround it. Which will require residential zoning laws to supercede the agricultural zoning laws, if this has not been already done.

Not that I'm any fan of this, but I think Muslims are as mobile as any other group. IOW, I doubt you'll see some sort of ghetto spring up around it. Possible I guess, but probably not likely.

Due to the fact that residential zones bring in more tax dollars than agricultural ones, it does not take much brain work to see where this is going.

This is true, BUT in most states towns actually lose money on residential property, and make it on agricultural. What is paid in does not cover the level of service demanded, particularly when you're building the sort of development that attracts young families w/children. Assuming they use property taxes to fund schools and other services, that is.

If the man does not willingly relocate his farm further out in the country, he will be forced to do so with the zoning laws. Either that, or get rid of his hogs.

Sadly, this sort of thing does happen. Near me an airport changed flight plans for landings and takeoffs they'd been using for decades, even though the people bitching were living in houses built within the last decade.

Kriger
01-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Without going into any complex and varying degrees of taxation scales, what would bring in more tax revenue? One house on 200 acres or 40 houses on 5 acres each? Or 200 houses on one acre each?

delete
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I am for anything that provokes the average muslim, and things that makes him feel that both he and his way of life is under attack.

The more white people say that they think Islam is the most idiotics religion, and that it should be banned because of it's inhumanity, the more a wedge is driven between our societies and one that governmental propaganda or multi-kulti can do little about.

Richard Parker
01-08-2007, 05:38 PM
It is understandable if zoning laws sometimes displace people (and violate property rights) in extreme cases, for example having to build a disaster relief center, or a military base in time of war.

A mosque hardly qualifies, one would normally think. Like Shirt said, I guess it is all about taxation revenue for the locality.

Vasily Zaitsev
01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
A few of his pigs may have to die so that he may sow their blood into the ground on which the mosque is to be built.

Johnson
01-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Ah, white people. My dear white people, you protest the mosque because it doesn't belong there, you protest the mosque because radical Saudi sponsored imams run and fund them, you don't protest the mosque because it might lower your fucking property value.

Also, what the hell are these muslims thinking? Houston is too racist (or at least I assume that was their problem from the ambiguous wording), so let's relocate to a more rural area? What the fuck?

Der Sozialist
01-08-2007, 10:50 PM
[/I]Also, what the hell are these muslims thinking? Houston is too racist (or at least I assume that was their problem from the ambiguous wording), so let's relocate to a more rural area? What the fuck?
Hispanics compromise 37% of the population while Blacks 25% in Houston—I doubt Houston is racist by any standard of the word.

Johnson
01-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Which got me scratching my head about why they rejected Houston.

Starr
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Hispanics compromise 37% of the population while Blacks 25% in Houston—I doubt Houston is racist by any standard of the word.

With stats like that I would bet the racial tensions are very high.

Which got me scratching my head about why they rejected Houston.

They don't want to live around blacks or mexicans either. rural whites, who might tend to be a bit more racist than the average, are preferable to them.

Der Sozialist
01-08-2007, 10:58 PM
They don't want to live around blacks or mexicans either. rural whites, who might tend to be a bit more racist than the average, are preferable to them.
Or, the property values are cheaper. That is, they cannot afford to build a big mosque in Houston. The crime rate is also a consideration—but as big cities go, Houston is not that bad.

Sulla the Dictator
01-08-2007, 11:28 PM
With stats like that I would bet the racial tensions are very high.

I doubt it. Texan hispanics are some of the most Americanized of the Latin population, probably moreso than Miami Cubans.

Der Sozialist
01-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I doubt it. Texan hispanics are some of the most Americanized of the Latin population, probably moreso than Miami Cubans.
Houston hosts one of the largest population of illegals in the USA. I doubt the majority of the Houston hispanic population is "Americanized".

Sulla the Dictator
01-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Houston hosts one of the largest population of illegals in the USA.

How does this conflict with what I said?

Are you denying what I said?

tricknologist
01-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Houston hosts one of the largest population of illegals in the USA. I doubt the majority of the Houston hispanic population is "Americanized".

How does this conflict with what I said?

Are you denying what I said?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/tricknologist/3ccd5fd1.gif

So you're saying that a large population of illegals are; "some of the most Americanized of the Latin population, probably moreso than Miami Cubans".

At least the Cubans consider themselves to be Americans rather that Reconquistadors.

Janus
01-09-2007, 02:29 AM
With stats like that I would bet the racial tensions are very high. They are. The "walkouts" did not help either. :rolleyes:Texan hispanics are some of the most Americanized of the Latin population, probably moreso than Miami Cubans. This is nonsense.

Vasily Zaitsev
01-09-2007, 08:22 AM

Depends on which group of mestizos in Texas you're talking about.

A friend of mine has roots in Texas. He's of Mexican descent but he's like the folks you're referring to. His kin have been in Texas since before it was part of America and as the character of Texas has changed they have as well. He's utterly Americanized and speaks less Spanish than even my lily-white self. Despite that, the blacks in my city see him as any other Latino and because of that he's been the victim of numerous random and rather brutal broad daylight attacks. Tensions between blacks and Latinos are currently very high nationally because the former are most vulnerable to competition in traditionally low wage, low skill, and low union fields.

The above mentioned tension likely exists in Texas as well due to the growing population of non-assimilating illegal aliens in that state.

Micaelis
01-09-2007, 08:59 AM
We are culturally given to secular liberalism. Its destructive effects are apparent everywhere and yet, due to our own investment in comfort, we are completely unwilling to do anything about it. Our own laws work against us, and those in opposition to us quickly snatch up territory in full consciousness of this fact. And still, even still, you guys are more preoccupied over which internet whore to bust a nut over rather than the survival and propagation of our own traditions. Something is very sick about us Europeans today.

That the guy responded by hosting pig races is even more revolting. His only concern was his own selfish interests rather than the broader implications of such a move.

What a grim future we are creating for our children, if we even have them.

Hachiko
01-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Meaning they are already receiving government benefits?

Sulla the Dictator
01-09-2007, 05:51 PM
So you're saying that a large population of illegals are; "some of the most Americanized of the Latin population, probably moreso than Miami Cubans".

No, I didn't say that at all actually. Let us ponder on the difference between the word 'hispanic' and the word 'illegal'.

Sulla the Dictator
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Depends on which group of mestizos in Texas you're talking about.

Interesting. How about the one I mentioned, ie, Americanized hispanics in Texas whose roots extend before the arrival of American settlers?

How about that group?

Vasily Zaitsev
01-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Interesting. How about the one I mentioned, ie, Americanized hispanics in Texas whose roots extend before the arrival of American settlers?

How about that group?

What about them?

tricknologist
01-10-2007, 12:06 AM
No, I didn't say that at all actually. Let us ponder on the difference between the word 'hispanic' and the word 'illegal'.

Semantic bullshit.

Sulla the Dictator
01-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Semantic bullshit.

Not really, since it illustrates the difference between a 'hispanic population' and illegals.

calvin
01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Fotouh says his group has to construct the mosque because the others in the Houston area don't provide the kind of environment they are looking for

Are there any plans to close the two unsuitable mosques?

SlagMaster
01-11-2007, 09:06 AM
The mosques property should be sprayed with a mixture of Pig blood and
Kosher salt, while being video taped. Then the tape sent to the local TV news.
That should kill the weeds and make the grass grow...