PDA

View Full Version : Should endless filibustering be grounds for banning.

delete
01-10-2007, 04:23 AM
We who wants to discuss various topics in the revisionist section are tired Globus' filibuster tactics. Every post comes back with a hasty one liner response, where the oponent or what he says is attacked. It ruins debate and it clutters up the threads and makes them uninteresting to read.

I invite people to go and read what Globus is doing, and tell their opinion of tactics like this.

ivory bill
01-10-2007, 04:37 AM
What a tedious one-topic bore Globus is. It's his obsession to have the last word, no matter how inane. I did an advanced search with his name and the word stupid. Six pages of posts. I searched his name with "jew hater" and got two pages of entries. I didn't try any other of his pet phrases like, "No it isn't" or "rubbish" or "denier".

I suppose it's a good thing he isn't jewish or he truly would be a pest.;)

Dances with Wolves
01-10-2007, 04:38 AM
Haha hey, just put him on ignore. That way, you can hear the purse whizzing through the air, but you can't actually see it :D

ivory bill
01-10-2007, 04:49 AM
Haha hey, just put him on ignore. That way, you can hear the purse whizzing through the air, but you can't actually see it :D

I'm pretty sure the miserable creature has me on ignore. I must have annoyed him.

No, I don't need to put him on ignore. I just ignore his remarks and post over them. They're all alike, short shrill squeals of outrage and denial. Well, except when he cuts and pastes some lengthy snoozer.

Sulla the Dictator
01-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Ummmm.....you mean should people be banned because they REPLY to you?

ivory bill
01-10-2007, 06:07 AM

Rubbish. He didn't mean that. ****Deleted crap****

Please behave. Ebus

SlagMaster
01-10-2007, 07:29 AM
I can not recall a positive statement from Globus; unless of course he is
in the process of Mod-Ass_Kissing.

Helios Panoptes
01-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Globus needs a tutorial on how to use the quote function.

Helios Panoptes
01-10-2007, 07:52 AM
I can not recall a positive statement from Globus; unless of course he is
in the process of Mod-Ass_Kissing.

No, he whines about the moderators constantly.

SlagMaster
01-10-2007, 07:56 AM
That was meant as a Joke statement,,Ha

Scipio Americanus
01-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Globus needs a tutorial on how to use the quote function.

Well, since I'm new here, I really can't add much to this discussion given that I'm not familiar with the personalities involved. However, people who refuse to use the quote function in order to make accusations and bogus claims against others really pisses me off. Those who consistently engage in that type of nonsense should be labeled as disrupters and warned to knock it off. Further use of this tactic should be grounds for suspension or permanent dismissal from the board. - Scipio Americanus

delete
01-10-2007, 02:33 PM

No, I think stupid inciting one liners should be just as disallowed as any other purly distruptionally practice. It ruins threads and make them boring to read.

Notice that this is directed towards Globus, altough I don't like people like you much either. Your one liner did nothing to further the debate, and it was just an instinctal poke at people you regards as your enemies.

Kriger
01-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Both Globus and Trojan are doing what they like to do....namely disrupting discussions with sneers, misrepresentations, changing of topics, and wild accusations.

How else does one get people to stop talking about the inconsistencies in a particular overblown account of history?

If you let them, they will lead you to the furthermost reaches of "history" that can be imagined, and irritate the hell out of you in doing so.

Globus
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
No, he whines about the moderators constantly.

No I don't.

But I have complained about you, with justification because you've had a hair across your ass for some time. Once you were backed off the moderation has improved immensely.

Globus
01-10-2007, 03:53 PM
We who wants to discuss various topics in the revisionist section are tired Globus' filibuster tactics.

So you don't even know what a filibuster is!

Every post comes back with a hasty one liner response,

Rubbish. They come back with the appropriate reply to the comments being responded to. On the rare occasions you and your fellows can actually post something of substance, it is addressed. Your problem is you want to be able to make baseless assertions about the history you deny and when you're called it, you whine to high heaven.

I love it.

Globus
01-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Rubbish. He didn't mean that. How stupid you are, you little gentile-hater.

This is the kind of person who is unable to have an intelligent discussion about anything. Hatred and anger are all he knows.

Sulla the Dictator
01-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Should you be banned for that insipid one liner?

Sulla the Dictator
01-10-2007, 03:59 PM
No, I think stupid inciting one liners should be just as disallowed as any other purly distruptionally practice.

Then why are you harassing Globus? Plenty of people you undoubtedly agree with are guilty of what you describe.

It ruins threads and make them boring to read.

Then don't read them. Everyone has as much right to post here as you do.

Notice that this is directed towards Globus, altough I don't like people like you much either. Your one liner did nothing to further the debate, and it was just an instinctal poke at people you regards as your enemies.

I don't particularly care what you like. I don't think it speaks well for your position that you have to complain about people replying to you. Its inane. I'd be willing to stack my contributions on a variety of subjects against yours any day of the week.

delete
01-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Should you be banned for that insipid one liner?

No, he shouldn't, and neither is it important for me to get Globus banned.

I don't whine to the motherators, I get even.

When my posibility of getting even is jeopardiced by language moderation, while clearly distrupting posting styles, based on cheap shots is accepted, I want to cry foul.

I don't particulary care if it stops, as people need to know that there are people who work to repress debate, and they need to learn to recognize the patterns used.

I don't care that much if the revisionist section becomes an example where people can learn the different distrupive and suppressive tactics used against revisionism, but I would prefer one where discussion was going on.

ironweed
01-10-2007, 04:30 PM
I invite people to go and read what Globus is doing, and tell their opinion of tactics like this.

Errm, since you're the one making the accusation, it would be helpful if you posted specifics.

For my part, I'd rather see endless posting of regurgitated links from CODOH and related sites as grounds for banning. Especially since it often appears the main regurgitators don't have a clue about what it is they're puking up. And since you see no need to be more specific, why neither do I. :)

Though, for the record, I'm quite happy there's a revisionist playpen for those who wish to do so to waste their time.

delete
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Then why are you harassing Globus? Plenty of people you undoubtedly agree with are guilty of what you describe.

I want people to be aware of what he does. It is as simple as that.

Then don't read them. Everyone has as much right to post here as you do.

Then why don't you read them? Is it because there are accusations and counter accusations flying in every direction, and that there in reality is little discussion going on?

I don't particularly care what you like. I don't think it speaks well for your position that you have to complain about people replying to you.

I think it speaks well for my position that you are willing to defend people like Globus.

I don't think I speak untrue if some of his fellow confirmers would be happy to let him go.

I find this particulary funny.

http://www.thephora.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16757&page=35&highlight=koch+globus

This is hilarious. A jew and two shabbos goyim arguing about who is the most stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marinesko
Both of you (Globus and Ivory Bill) should be banned. I see nothing but ad homs thrown back and forth and no actual arguments.

Quote:
Koch: ugh this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globus
Then you're not looking very closely.

Quote:
CaptM: Ok you do offer some arguments but you let this Ivory Bill guy bait you into these flame wars that kill threads. Put him on ignore.

Quote:
Globus: Get off your high horse. There's plenty to comment on if you wish.

Quote:
Koch: what are you talking about you and bill singlehandedly turned this thread into a pile of shit (Typical Kochian scatalogy)

Quote:
Globus: No more than you did the Jewology thread!

If they won't discuss, that is not my fault. No one is preventing you from responding to anything substantive that is said. (Globus, your gonna be in trouble. Can't argue with your handlers.)

Quote:
Koch: what, if anything i saved that thread from another one of your mudslinging shitfests. (More scatalogy--bad toilet training, Koch?)

nobody can even tell whats going on here any more cause about half of the thread is you getting into really childish slapfights with ivory bill and then trying to deny it when anyone else points it out. please stop okay just take the higher road and ignore him.

Quote:
Globus: You've got to be kidding!

But here is what I will do. I will put Ivory Bill on ignore. (That's the ticket, Globus, listen to your jew overlord. Ignore Bill like he ordered you to.

Quote:
Koch: ivory bill is pretty much the worst poster i have ever seen on any forum (what, no props for Globus)

I'd be willing to stack my contributions on a variety of subjects against yours any day of the week.

That might be true, but more important, I really hope that you consider yourself Globus' better.

calvin
01-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Right on cue, Globus produces three of his stream of consciousness tantrums in succession in a masochistic attempt to prove correct the accusation that he is the conversational equivalent of an unflushable turd.

The lesson for people who have a non-dogmatic interest in history is that whenever you hear a dogmatic affirmer asserting that he was banned from a revisionist site because his intellectual brilliance was compromising the integrity of their position, the reality inevitably is that they were, in fact, pulling a Globby.

Ambrosio Spinola
01-10-2007, 05:29 PM
C´mon guys, knock it off...lets have peace in our time.

Btw...Welcome Scipio Americanus, we thrive on quality refugees :p

Starr
01-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Hatred and anger are all he knows.

This is the perfect example of the kind of thing that is being talked about here, Globus. People who are confident in the arguments they are making do not need to resort to this tactic of labeling and debating their opponent rather than the subject.

ivory bill
01-10-2007, 08:08 PM
This is the perfect example of the kind of thing that is being talked about here, Globus. People who are confident in the arguments they are making do not need to resort to this tactic of labeling and debating their opponent rather than the subject.

Starr, in the posts below, do you think Globus is really so obtuse that he can't tell that he is being parodied? I read somewhere that either 60 or 80% of humans are blind to irony, they haven't the wit to recognize or sense it.
I know that its a fairly common cheap debate trick to deliberately take a sarcastic remark at face value, but this Globus character is so devoid of a sense of humor that I question his ability to grasp subtlety in expression.

Originally Posted by ivory bill

Globus:
This is the kind of person who is unable to have an intelligent discussion about anything. Hatred and anger are all he knows.

Helios Panoptes
01-10-2007, 08:43 PM
No I don't.

But I have complained about you, with justification because you've had a hair across your ass for some time. Once you were backed off the moderation has improved immensely.

You are experiencing a delusional episode. I was never "backed off." Nothing has changed about my moderation. In addition, no one on the staff has once complained to me about it.

Starr
01-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by ivory bill

:p That was actually a pretty good parody. I actually always think there is something not quite right in someone who has no sense of humor, whatsoever and yes, he seems to be one of them. It might also show how deeply and emotionally wrapped up in the topic of any kind of percieved "intolerance" he is. You can see where that comes from, though, in a society that says these topics if not approached or handled in a perfectly PC style are the greatest of all sins. He is a product of that society. It probably makes him feel very special to argue with what he sees as " evil haters and anti-semites":whip:

Der Sozialist
01-10-2007, 09:05 PM
The revisionist section should be made private and Globus and certain VNN members banned from it or it should be moved to the gutter. There is not one constructive thread in that entire section that I know of. I believe it to be an embarrassment to the forum.

Helios Panoptes
01-10-2007, 09:08 PM
The revisionist section should be made private and Globus and certain VNN members banned from it or it should be moved to the gutter. There is not one constructive thread in that entire section that I know of. I believe it to be an embarrassment to the forum.

I am repped-out, but I agree with this post.

Trojan
01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Both Globus and Trojan are doing what they like to do....namely disrupting discussions with sneers, misrepresentations, changing of topics, and wild accusations.

How else does one get people to stop talking about the inconsistencies in a particular overblown account of history?

If you let them, they will lead you to the furthermost reaches of "history" that can be imagined, and irritate the hell out of you in doing so.

In other words, you've run out of arguments and are looking for protection from the mods?

I could very easily make the same argument about your posts, but I'm not afraid of debate. You can post all the one liners you like. :deadhorse:

Globus
01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
No, he shouldn't, and neither is it important for me to get Globus banned.

I don't whine to the motherators, I get even.

ROTFL!!

Whining is exactly what you're doing.

When my posibility of getting even is jeopardiced by language moderation, while clearly distrupting posting styles, based on cheap shots is accepted, I want to cry foul.

So your way of getting even is to indulge hateful, antisemitic name calling. It is probably good that you so easily satisfied.

Globus
01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Right on cue, Globus produces three of his stream of consciousness tantrums in succession

There was nothing "steam of consciousness" in those posts.

You do say the most idiotic things, Calvin.

The simple fact is you and your don't like getting your asses kicked about a history you wish to pretend didn't happen. Like all deniers you're whiney babies.

Globus
01-10-2007, 10:13 PM

And that's what deniers do. More outrageously, they are here in this thread claiming their right to do that, against forum rules, with delete claiming its how he gets even.

I'm afraid you exercise the usual double standard I've come to expect from you.

Globus
01-10-2007, 10:14 PM
You are experiencing a delusional episode. I was never "backed off."

Comfort yourself with that thought. The moderation has greatly improved, and your antics have ceased.

Kodos
01-10-2007, 10:16 PM

And you are against Globus... who at least spares us some of the trouble of refuting their BS.

I think it has been discussed ad nauseum... and there should be at least a temporary supression of the topic. 9/11 conspiracies too. 2 months?

They are neither useful nor amusing.

Globus
01-10-2007, 10:16 PM

Of course you do!!

Helios Panoptes
01-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Comfort yourself with that thought. The moderation has greatly improved,

I don't need to comfort myself. If you quoted me in full, you would see that I stated that your complaints did not persuade anyone higher than me on the Phora ladder to ask me to change anything. You should pop a seroquel because you are losing touch with reality here.

and your antics have ceased.

What antics? There never were any antics on my part. I sent you negative rep and you whined like a bitch about me being "biased" after which I asked you to be more specific and you predictably failed. There is little else to the matter.

Globus
01-10-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't need to comfort myself. If you quoted me in full, you would see that I stated that your complaints did not persuade anyone higher than me on the Phora ladder to ask me to change anything.

Irrelevant. Changes in moderation were made.

What antics? There never were any antics on my part.

You sent negative rep and your childish little comments and then whined like hell what I let you know what I thought of it.

Negative rep is not being given now for moderator deletions for flames. Why is that?

delete
01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
ROTFL!!

Whining is exactly what you're doing.

If others insult you, use the report function, delete. You have not reported a single post.

If you call this thread whining, I suggest you come up with an idea on how to get rid of your constantly inciting and distruptive posts.

I am open for suggestions from you, on how we can tacle the problem of the revisionist section ending up a living example, on how holocaust believers manage to stifle debate on a multitude of debate fora.

So your way of getting even is to indulge hateful, antisemitic name calling. It is probably good that you so easily satisfied.
I think name calling is justified in cases where people like you, act more jewish than an Israeli Haredim.

PS. You are off ignore for this thread, as I was to curious to know what you had said. :)

Globus
01-10-2007, 10:36 PM
If you call this thread whining, I suggest you come up with an idea on how to get rid of your constantly inciting and distruptive posts.

They are only inciting because they embarrass you and your arguments and disruptive because you don't have any other way of responding other than calling people Jews. When that was denied you you started foaming at the mouth!

I am open for suggestions from you,

No you're not. I've told you before, debate the history. Just be prepared to be corrected. If that bothers you, too bad.

Alfacritical
01-10-2007, 10:45 PM
If banning is to be pre-emptive and based on anticipated bad behavior rather than actual behavior, then perhaps endless filibustering can be grounds for banning. The problem is that if a member is banned (for whatever reason), then filibustering and every other objectionable behavior by that member comes to an end. Hence filibustering by that member is not in fact endless, so the member can't be guilty of endless filibustering.

Helios Panoptes
01-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Irrelevant. Changes in moderation were made.

I still moderate that forum, if you haven't noticed.

Cerberus was made moderator months after your grousing started. I supported making Cerberus a moderator the HR forum. That forum is a largely a playpen for children and I don't want to be bothered with it.

You sent negative rep and your childish little comments and then whined like hell what I let you know what I thought of it.

What are you talking about? I sent you negative rep and received the following PM titled "The Moderator with a double standard!!":

So here we have a moderator engaging in his typical bias. Do you really think I care about your silly rep system?

Did it piss you off that Neo Nutjob was actually made to abide by the rules?

But I'll continue to point out your double standards, asshole, and people are indeed listening. Your conduct merely shows what limp wristed, intellectual cowards you are.

Get used to it.

All over a single neg rep point! I proceeded to ask in what way my moderation was biased and you never substantiated the allegation.

Negative rep is not being given now for moderator deletions for flames. Why is that?

Sometimes it is. It depends on how severe the flaming is and how often it occurs.

Also, you may not have realized, but I can give anyone negative reputation for any reason I please.

delete
01-10-2007, 10:56 PM
If banning is to be pre-emptive and based on anticipated bad behavior rather than actual behavior, then perhaps endless filibustering can be grounds for banning. The problem is that if a member is banned (for whatever reason), then filibustering and every other objectionable behavior by that member comes to an end. Hence filibustering by that member is not in fact endless, so the member can't be guilty of endless filibustering.

So figures of speach pass you by?

that guy
01-10-2007, 10:56 PM
I say keep the 'Historical Revisionism' sub-forum, but change the name to 'Teh 1nternet t3ilight 2one' sub-forum, and formally exclude logic and common sense from being used in it. In other words, just change the name.

Globus
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
I still moderate that forum, if you haven't noticed.

Not by yourself you don't.

Cerberus was made moderator months after your grousing started.

Which is irrelevant to the point I made. Changes in moderation have occurred.

I supported making Cerberus a moderator the HR forum. That forum is a largely a playpen for children and I don't want to be bothered with it.

You act as much like a child as anyone in that forum.

What are you talking about? I sent you negative rep and received the following PM titled "The Moderator with a double standard!!":

And you got increasing upset as the discussion went on.

All over a single neg rep point!

It had nothing to do with rep points. Children care about rep points, which I guess is why you suspected that would bother me.

Also, you may not have realized, but I can give anyone negative reputation for any reason I please.

And you're mighty proud of your little power aren't you!

Helios Panoptes
01-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Not by yourself you don't.

I never moderated that forum by myself, stupid.

Which is irrelevant to the point I made. Changes in moderation have occurred.

Yes, and I even admit that you played a causal role albeit not the one you believe. That you complained about my moderation has nothing to do with there being a new moderator.

You act as much like a child as anyone in that forum.

Incorrect, unlike yourself, I don't take this seriously. You are only a joke to me, nothing more.

And you got increasing upset as the discussion went on.

I don't get upset over you. I might feel distaste at your obnoxious personality or amusement at your gross stupidity, but that's it.

It had nothing to do with rep points. Children care about rep points, which I guess is why you suspected that would bother me.

Sure you care about them. Whenever I send you neg rep, I get a PM. I could set my clock to it. There is more evidence I could point to here that you're not aware that I know about because it involves something private disclosed to another member. I'll be polite, for that other poster, but you should be able to figure it out. It involves you bitching about neg reps.

And you're mighty proud of your little power aren't you!

No, anyone who signs up for the forum can give rep points to whomever he likes, too.

delete
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
I say keep the 'Historical Revisionism' sub-forum, but change the name to 'Teh 1nternet t3ilight 2one' sub-forum, and formally exclude logic and common sense from being used in it. In other words, just change the name.

That would be the goals of the jews, no wouldn't it?

Nothing good can come out of debate about the holocaust for the jews, as so much of the support of the jews depend on it.

Most of what the jews have build can come crumbeling down, if to much light is shone on the real history of the WW2. They build it on cold war lies, and as the support stories are melting away, the jewish lies end up in the open.

If it says that the name change was done on jewish preassure, I am all for it. Gentile lurkers will see it as jewish repression, and the participants know what it is.

that guy
01-10-2007, 11:28 PM

Nothing good can come out of debate about the holocaust for the jews, as so much of the support of the jews depend on it.

Most of what the jews have build can come crumbeling down, if to much light is shone on the real history of the WW2. They build it on cold war lies, and as the support stories are melting away, the jewish lies end up in the open.

If it says that the name change was done on jewish preassure, I am all for it. Gentile lurkers will see it as jewish repression, and the participants know what it is.
^ Case in point.

eggheadbanga
01-10-2007, 11:39 PM
I find it amusing that a single solitary Israeli making a suggestion amounts to 'Jewish pressure'. Man, those Jews, they leap tall buildings with a single bound!

Thomas777
01-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Glenn Miller was banned for being a disruptive, trolling, shithead, and Globus is at least as much of a disruptive, trolling, shithead as was Sgt. Smirnoff. Ban his silly ass.

Burrhus
01-10-2007, 11:52 PM
For those interested in the background of the dispute being played out here, I suggest hat you read my posts in Hist Rev on the thread titled "revisionist Strategy session" linked here:
http://www.thephora.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18865

There are two problems facing that forum one of which I have been advised not to discuss in public. The other is the all too common occurrence of flame wars and thread hijacking or filibustering as Delete calls it. A careful reading of those posts should make it clear that I have tried to assist the moderation staff in establishing civilty on that forum.

That thread is a discussion of ways to achieve that end. It has not yet arrived at any definitive conclusion but I have tried to present some tentative solutions. I continue to think through the issues and hope to post a further clarification soon. Sadly, if one reads all of the posts there, one will see the problems being addressed on display.

In brief, I believe that designating threads as Debate or Education threads might help reduce the problems found there. On Debate threads, all would be welcome to post and engage in whatever verbal behavior is permissable under Phora rules. In Education threads however, those who oppose the viewpoint of the thread starter would be politely requested NOT to post so that he and those who agree with him can present their point of view without insults and divergence from the thread topic and those who are on neither side can read in peace or ask questions in an effort to learn more about the topic.

This dual-type thread structure, if honored, could serve as a model for other forums, message-boards and a multitude of internet venues where debate on contentious issues descends into incivility.

delete
01-10-2007, 11:56 PM
I find it amusing that a single solitary Israeli making a suggestion amounts to 'Jewish pressure'. Man, those Jews, they leap tall buildings with a single bound!

I have never said that they are magical., and you never have me on record as to saying anyting worse about jews, than that they are a plague upon other people. :)

Guy is a jew, so he naturally wants to diminish and paint the revisionist half mad and not worthy of attention. :)

I agreed to the name change if we could say that the reason was jewish pressure. :)

that guy
01-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Guy is a jew, so he naturally wants to diminish and paint the revisionist half mad and not worthy of attention. :)

Actually, I'm pretty sure a 'Teh 1nternet t3ilight 2one' sub-forum would get more hits than the 'Historical Revisionism' sub-forum has. :)

Also, I never said that only the revisionist half is not worthy of attention. :)

Globus
01-11-2007, 12:34 AM
I never moderated that forum by myself, stupid.

I never said you did, child, but that was not the import of your comment.

Yes, and I even admit that you played a causal role albeit not the one you believe.

Bullshit. I'm not interested in what you "admit".

Incorrect, unlike yourself, I don't take this seriously. You are only a joke to me, nothing more.

Of course you don't, "stupid"!

I don't get upset over you. I might feel distaste at your obnoxious personality or amusement at your gross stupidity, but that's it.

Sure, that's why you act like an 18 year old, instead of the mature 22 year old you are.

Sure you care about them. Whenever I send you neg rep, I get a PM.

Not about the neg rep, dear little boy.

But about the fact that they put moderating power in the hands of a juvenile.

Globus
01-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Glenn Miller was banned for being a disruptive, trolling, shithead, and Globus is at least as much of a disruptive, trolling, shithead as was Sgt. Smirnoff. Ban his silly ass.

Another intelligence heard from. If stuffing bogus arguments down the mouths of deniers is disruption, worthy of banning, then what should we do with someone like you, shoot you?

Helios Panoptes
01-11-2007, 12:57 AM
I never said you did, child, but that was not the import of your comment.

Which comment? This always happens when I try to talk with you. Your "arguments" become so muddled that they're incomprehensible.

Bullshit. I'm not interested in what you "admit"

Lol, delusions of grandeur. Let me clue you in, squirt: your say-so doesn't count for jackshit around here.

Of course you don't, "stupid"

Why are you repeating what I said?

Sure, that's why you act like an 18 year old, instead of the mature 22 year old you are.

Let me explain myself: I find interacting with the likes of you interesting. You see, on a daily basis, I generally interact with other people who share my approximate level of intelligence(other students, professors, etc.). I like to descend into the strange world that is the internet and interact selectively with others much stupider than me, like yourself. It's like a journey to the bottom of the sea....such an odd creature I see! The good thing is that you're kept an a glass container, so I don't have to deal with you unless I feel like it, then all I need to do is tap the glass and you try desperately to maintain my interest by making a scene.

Not about the neg rep, dear little boy.

But about the fact that they put moderating power in the hands of a juvenile.

When you received neg rep from several staff members for a post, you complained about it. Rep is obviously very important to you.

Helios Panoptes
01-11-2007, 01:00 AM
I am not replying anymore. I'm tired of this. I'll let you dance for me again, though, little monkey. There's no cause for worry. Maybe in a couple months. For now, I've had enough of you.

Mike
01-11-2007, 01:52 AM
IMO Globus often uses the tactic of misreading, by this I mean uncooperatively reading, those posts on this forum that he disagrees with, slapping a "No it isn't" or similar on it, followed by a short text which signals the misreading. The opponent is thus forced to refine the statement, restating the same thing again, or ignore the popshot. Since no one wants to be misinterpreted by other posters, a lot of people will reword their post and try to refute the misreading. After a while the tactic gets tiresome and tends to strangle any real debate on the thread. (Side question: In whose side's interest is it to strangle debate?)

I'm not just saying that because I am in the revisionist camp. Milhouse and cerebrus et alii offer solid debate. But in Globus's case the best advice is to ignore. Currently I have no Phora poster on ignore, but when I get time to deconstructing the Holocaust Industry / religion and try to participate in a real debate, Globus will simply have to go on ignore.

Sulla the Dictator
01-11-2007, 02:14 AM

Nonsense. But Holocaust "revisionism" is not history, really. Even if you believe in that business, its nothing more than finding FAULT with the Historical record, and it offers nothing in its place. This Holocaust Denial business was flooding the History topic and nothing other than it was being discussed. This way is much better.

Don't be a zealot seeing goblins where none exist over a practical matter.

Sulla the Dictator
01-11-2007, 02:16 AM
This criticism of Globus is ridiculous. I used to have to deal with these weekly "Hate Moments" myself. Its nothing more than collective anger from the opposition at having made no progress.

Thomas777
01-11-2007, 02:34 AM
This criticism of Globus is ridiculous. I used to have to deal with these weekly "Hate Moments" myself. Its nothing more than collective anger from the opposition at having made no progress.

False. Egghead, Cerberus, and a number of other valuable posters disagree with the deniers on a regular basis and nobody takes issue with it. In contrast, Globus is a four star twat who spams the forum and trolls his ass off day in, day out. He is the Glenn Miller of Holocaust proponents...except Miller was unintentionally hilarious and Globus is just an obnoxious dick.

Der Sozialist
01-11-2007, 03:07 AM
You’re obnoxious in a somewhat amusing and funny way while Globus is not. This is the salient difference.

Seriously, the Revisionism section is in complete disarray. A lot of the blame rests with Globus. Personally, I would prefer the elimination of such a section since it tends to attract the dregs of VNN and the like but we if must keep it then something must be done.

Vasily Zaitsev
01-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Ban Globus, close the revisionism section, and charge the History subforum moderator with the responsibility of making sure that his domain doesn't become overrun with Holocaust "debate" spam.

delete
01-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Nonsense. But Holocaust "revisionism" is not history, really. Even if you believe in that business, its nothing more than finding FAULT with the Historical record, and it offers nothing in its place.

Is this really correct, or is this how you want people to look at it?

The main safety valve against turning our history into religious dogma is the lay people with an interest in history, or when historians use the knowledge of science to test their hypothesis against reality.

No historian thought it posible that damascus swords were germanic in origin, and that the technique had been practiced in the area contiously ever since.

No historian really believed that the Norse had been in America until the archeologists proved it, and no historian doubted that the jews had been in captivity in Egypt, until archeologists found no definitive trace of them.

We see time and time again that science is used to prove or disprove historic alternatives, but when it comes to the holocaust these lay historians tecnicians are intimidated and sometimes put in jail.

When Germar Rudolf according to standard scientific knowledge in chemistry, disproved that what today is regarded as the gass chambers of Auschwitz, had been subjected to large amounts of cyanide, implicating that mass gassings of jews was a lie.

This Holocaust Denial business was flooding the History topic and nothing other than it was being discussed. This way is much better.

Don't be a zealot seeing goblins where none exist over a practical matter.

I don't want the history and the revisionis sections to melt. I want Globus to stop ruining the threads by baiting for flamewars. He even managed some here in this thread. :)

Have you seen Helios Panoptes, flame this with any other, and do you think that this is a trait in Globus, to be good at provocating the oponent into flamewars?

Mike
01-11-2007, 03:49 AM
I don't understand the proposal to eliminate the revisionism subforum as it syphons off the debate, isolates it and makes it easy to ignore (for those who wish to ignore it). As far as Globus I don't think anything more drastic than the ignore function is needed. As it were, I say.

Kodos
01-11-2007, 03:53 AM
If there was a way of eliminating revisionism from the "latest posts" that would be fine...

delete
01-11-2007, 04:08 AM
If there was a way of eliminating revisionism from the "latest posts" that would be fine...

You are like any other of middle eastern origin lowering his price, it the customers didn't bite the first time.
Last time you wanted at least a temporary supression of the topic. :)

Sulla the Dictator
01-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Is this really correct, or is this how you want people to look at it?

Its really correct.

The main safety valve against turning our history into religious dogma is the lay people with an interest in history, or when historians use the knowledge of science to test their hypothesis against reality.

The difference is that real historians offer something. For example, it is 'revisionist' to say that the Vikings visited America before Columbus, but as you can see it OFFERS a substitute. It offers facts.

No historian thought it posible that damascus swords were germanic in origin, and that the technique had been practiced in the area contiously ever since.

LOL Probably because thats not true, and historians DO NOT think that it is true. It would be quite bizarre for Germanic and Frankish crusaders to be TAKING HOME Damascan swords by the mulepack full if they had 'invented' the technique.

No, India deserves more credit for the sword than Germans.

No historian really believed that the Norse had been in America until the archeologists proved it,

No historian SHOULD believe that the Norse visited America until it could be proven. Vikings were terrible record keepers.

and no historian doubted that the jews had been in captivity in Egypt, until archeologists found no definitive trace of them.

LOL 'Found no definitive trace' is not the case. The problem with the Exodus debate is that its one of those common battles between the religious and the anti-religious, mixed in with an Egyptian academic society eager to play partisan. The Egyptian antiquities department in fact refuses to allow access to Sinai or some some Hyksos sites because it DOESN'T want links to Israel to be established.

We see time and time again that science is used to prove or disprove historic alternatives, but when it comes to the holocaust these lay historians tecnicians are intimidated and sometimes put in jail.

No one is placed in jail for Holocaust denial in the United States. I don't understand why you seek to mislead.

I don't want the history and the revisionis sections to melt. I want Globus to stop ruining the threads by baiting for flamewars. He even managed some here in this thread.

So should I walk through the revisionist topic with a scythe, removing posts by Panzerfaust Boy and ivory bill and Dances with Wolves simply because they don't strike me as having any value?

Have you seen Helios Panoptes, flame this with any other

Helios Panoptes has flamed me.

and do you think that this is a trait in Globus, to be good at provocating the oponent into flamewars?

I think Globus knows a great deal about the Holocaust, and because that is his primary focus on this board (And the primary focus of you VNNers), it leads to friction which causes you to exaggerate HIS role in these flamewars while at the same time diminishing the role of YOUR side.

Helios Panoptes
01-11-2007, 05:02 AM

I do not recall that, but I would not be surprised if has happened in the past on the forum. After all, you are rude, smug, and sneering, all of which are likely to provoke hostility. That said, I do not flame you with the vehemence that I do Globus, nor do I subject anyone else to that treatment. IMO, I am fairly mild-mannered. Globus is a particularly worthless piece of human garbage who isn't a quarter as smart as he thinks, which is why I put him in his place every so often.

Vasily Zaitsev
01-11-2007, 05:03 AM
I think Globus knows a great deal about the Holocaust, and because that is his primary focus on this board (And the primary focus of you VNNers), it leads to friction which causes you to exaggerate HIS role in these flamewars while at the same time diminishing the role of YOUR side.

You can't really believe that.

Millhouse (Egghead) knows a great deal about the Holocaust. Globus just knows how to rave like a child.

I understand that the Phora is dedicated to open discussion, but the revisionism section is a clusterfuck. The only two people who post anything of merit in there are Basil Fawlty and Millhouse. Everyone else should just STFU. Especially Globus.

Dances with Wolves
01-11-2007, 05:18 AM
VS, you need to aim your rifle somewhere else. The revisonist section would be fine if it weren't for Trojan and Globus. All the other truth haters at least try to debate. Burrhus, Calvin and the rest do just fine.

delete
01-11-2007, 05:57 AM
The difference is that real historians offer something. For example, it is 'revisionist' to say that the Vikings visited America before Columbus, but as you can see it OFFERS a substitute. It offers facts.

LOL Probably because thats not true, and historians DO NOT think that it is true. It would be quite bizarre for Germanic and Frankish crusaders to be TAKING HOME Damascan swords by the mulepack full if they had 'invented' the technique.

No, India deserves more credit for the sword than Germans.

Do you think I chose those examples at random?

The technique started when the small lumps of bog iron were welded togeter. The small bits came in different qualities, and a smith had to manually hammer different bits together, making it logical to perfect the technique until better more uniform materials arrived around year 1000.

The Road to Damascus
Sorting Modern Pattern Welding from Myth and Legend
By Kevin R. Cashen, American Bladesmith Society (ABS) certified Master Bladesmith (http://swordforum.com/forge/roadtodamascus.html)

No historian SHOULD believe that the Norse visited America until it could be proven. Vikings were terrible record keepers.

I suspect that the Vikings were faboulous record keepers, and that the christian priests burned most of it. We still have a lot, as to the Slavs they dont have anything, but also here I suspect that the church is to blame.

LOL 'Found no definitive trace' is not the case. The problem with the Exodus debate is that its one of those common battles between the religious and the anti-religious, mixed in with an Egyptian academic society eager to play partisan. The Egyptian antiquities department in fact refuses to allow access to Sinai or some some Hyksos sites because it DOESN'T want links to Israel to be established.

So who is believing in a conspiracy now? :) :) :)

http://www.haaretz.com Grounds for disbelief (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=291264&contrassID=2&subContrassID=14&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y)

Archaeologist Israel Finkelstein and his colleagues are stirring controversy with contentions that many biblical stories never happened, but were written by what he calls `a creative copywriter' to advance an ideological agenda.

Prof. Israel Finkelstein sees no contradiction between holding a proper Pesach seder and telling the story of the exodus from Egypt, and the fact that, in his opinion, the exodus never occurred. The Hebrew edition of the book by Finkelstein and his American colleague, the historian and archaeologist Neal Asher Silberman, "The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts" has just been published. The English edition was published in the United States in January 2001 and a French edition appeared last year. In both countries the book spent many weeks on the best-seller lists and generated considerable public interest. The New York Times dubbed the biblical authors of the seventh century BCE "God's ghostwriters" in a lengthy review of the book.

No one is placed in jail for Holocaust denial in the United States. I don't understand why you seek to mislead.

So Germar Rudolf was not forcefully sendt back to jail in Germany for doing science?

So should I walk through the revisionist topic with a scythe, removing posts by Panzerfaust Boy and ivory bill and Dances with Wolves simply because they don't strike me as having any value?

I rather you stay away from the revisionist section. Panzerfaust Boy is banned, and would not be surprised if somebody else have to go soon as well.

So this makes Helios a bad person, and since the enemy of the enemy is my friend, Globus is your friend?

Petr knows a great deal about the Bible, and Julian Lee knows a lot about astrology, so knowing a great deal about a subject, does not mean that the subject of knowledge have any corresondance with what we normal people call science.

If the problem most of the time involves Globus, but different revisionists, we have strong indications that the flaming is a result of Globus posting style, and not the individual revisionist transgressing the borders of decent behavior.

Dances with Wolves
01-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Globus knows exactly jack shit about the holohoax. I don't know that much about it either but at least I'm trying to get at the truth of the matter. If the Germans gassed jews, I want to know how. I want to see the murder weapons, not a bunch of pics of typhus dead bodies, fantastic witness fables and fake pics or replicas. The revisionists pick this stuff apart and all the great haters of truth can do is obfuscate and trot out their tired old stories with NO BASIS IN FACT. Understand?

Of course, you wouldn't know the truth if it hit you upside that nappy head with a 2x4.

Sulla the Dictator
01-11-2007, 06:36 AM
I don't know that much

Thats for sure. I suspect that you're mildly retarded. :)

Sulla the Dictator
01-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Do you think I chose those examples at random?

I think you made a mistake.

The technique started when the small lumps of bog iron were welded togeter. The small bits came in different qualities, and a smith had to manually hammer different bits together, making it logical to perfect the technique until better more uniform materials arrived around year 1000.

This is the error I suspect you made.

Metalsmiths in India and Sri Lanka perhaps as early as 300 BC developed a new technique known as wootz steel that produced a high-carbon steel of unusually high purity. Glass was added to a mixture of iron and charcoal and then heated. The glass would act as a flux and bind to other impurities in the mixture, allowing them to rise to the surface and leave a more pure steel when the mixture cooled. Thousands of steel making sites were found in Samanalawewa area in Sri Lanka that made high carbon steel (Juleff, 1996). These steel making furnaces were built facing western monsoon winds and wind turbulance and suction was used to create heat in the furnace. Steel making sites in Sri Lanka have been dated to 300 BC using carbon dating technology. The technique propagated very slowly through the world, reaching modern-day Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan around 900 AD, and then the Middle East around 1000 AD.

This process was further refined in the middle east, either using locally produced steels, or by re-working wootz purchased from India. The exact process remains unknown, but allowed carbides to precipitate out as micro particles arranged in sheets or bands within the body of a blade. The carbides are far harder than the surrounding low carbon steel, allowing the swordsmith to make an edge which would cut hard materials with the precipitated carbides, while the bands of softer steel allowed the sword as a whole to remain tough and flexible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel#Pattern_welded_.22Damascened.22_steel

And furthermore:

Pattern welded steel is commonly sold today as "Damascus steel", though it appears that the original Damascus steel was not created with that technique.

I suspect that the Vikings were faboulous record keepers

Well, that may be what you suspect but it isn't the case.

, and that the christian priests burned most of it.

Thats mighty convenient.

So who is believing in a conspiracy now? :) :) :)

Its not really a debatable issue. Its been a subject of some annoyance in archaeological circles for a while now. And you know, "Israel Finkelstein" may be an archaeologist, but he isn't "archaeologists" plural. You need to distinguish between individuals with a hypothesis and fields with generally accepted theories.

So Germar Rudolf was not forcefully sendt back to jail in Germany for doing science?

Germany is not the United States, and now that you mention it, no. He was not arrested 'for doing science'.

I rather you stay away from the revisionist section.

Revisionists do not offer sufficient challenge. You guys spam cut and pastes.

Panzerfaust Boy is banned, and would not be surprised if somebody else have to go soon as well.

Like Dances with Wolves? Do you think Dances with Wolves should be banned?

So this makes Helios a bad person, and since the enemy of the enemy is my friend, Globus is your friend?

You asked me if I've seen Helios flame people, I said yes. I have seen him do it.

Petr knows a great deal about the Bible, and Julian Lee knows a lot about astrology, so knowing a great deal about a subject, does not mean that the subject of knowledge have any corresondance with what we normal people call science.

Unfortunately for you, the Holocaust is history. So yeah, knowing about a historical event is relevant to discussions of historical topics. Unproven accusations of conspiracies are not history.

Dan Brown is not a historian.

If the problem most of the time involves Globus, but different revisionists, we have strong indications that the flaming is a result of Globus posting style, and not the individual revisionist transgressing the borders of decent behavior.

I disagree, having discussed the Holocaust ad nauseum with you people. In my experience you folks are the one who resort to personal attacks. I've seen plenty of anti-semitic slurs thrown at Globus, despite the fact that he has said he isn't even Jewish.

You folks seem to find that acceptable. I do not. If you want a heavier hand moderating that forum, by all means ask for it. But I don't think you'd be happy to see that you're not allowed to call people "Miserable lying kikes" anymore.

delete
01-11-2007, 06:55 AM

And you wonder why people end up having flame wars with you? ;)

If I think you named yourself after the real sulla because he was homosexual (http://www.nndb.com/people/285/000097991/), am I wrong?

Dances with Wolves
01-11-2007, 07:26 AM

Just like clockwork, your assumptions again prove to be incorrect. :toilet_claw:

delete
01-11-2007, 07:53 AM
I think you made a mistake.

Steel making sites in Sri Lanka have been dated to 300 BC using carbon dating technology. The technique propagated very slowly through the world, reaching modern-day Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan around 900 AD, and then the Middle East around 1000 AD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascus_steel#Pattern_welded_.22Damascened.22_steel

I think you have fallen for how PC people wanted history to be like, and not what happened. Regina Anglorum have this interesting web site that deal with what science, history and archeology can bring forward of knowledge, if they cooperate. If you search for pattern welded swords along germanic you will find real swords has been found by the hundreds.

Iron Working by Anglo-Saxons and Vikings (http://www.regia.org/life/ironwork.htm)
Recent finds and work on the site at Hamwic (modern Southampton) have given us some new insights into Anglo-Saxon iron work. The quality of the iron has been shown to be superlative. So good in some cases that it's quality was not matched until the mid 1800s. The reason for this seems to lie in the work that was done to the iron to convert it to steel post the smelt. By a simple(!!) process of reheating the pure iron until it absorbed the relevant carbon levels to convert it to steel, until you could no longer heat it to good effect.

Pattern welded steel is commonly sold today as "Damascus steel", though it appears that the original Damascus steel was not created with that technique.

It depend on what people damascus steel is known as today today, and what they thought damascus steel was before. Today we know that the most impressive patterns have alwas been done with the pattern-welding thechnique, and that it was swords made by this technique that made what they thought was damascus steel into legendes. The steel made in Damascus was always of inferior quality from the ones produced in the west. The best iron ore for quality steel still comes from Kiruna in Sweden. Even the Germans needed this ore to make quality weapons during WW2.

The Serpent in the Sword: Pattern-welding in Early Medieval Swords (http://www.aiusa.com/medsword/serpent.html)

Its not really a debatable issue. Its been a subject of some annoyance in archaeological circles for a while now. And you know, "Israel Finkelstein" may be an archaeologist, but he isn't "archaeologists" plural. You need to distinguish between individuals with a hypothesis and fields with generally accepted theories.

I think that it is religious 'historians and scientists' that who are working like Globus to confirm the Exodus, that gives you enough ground to claim that the Exodus actually happened.

Unfortunately for you, the Holocaust is history. So yeah, knowing about a historical event is relevant to discussions of historical topics. Unproven accusations of conspiracies are not history.

I disagree, having discussed the Holocaust ad nauseum with you people. In my experience you folks are the one who resort to personal attacks. I've seen plenty of anti-semitic slurs thrown at Globus, despite the fact that he has said he isn't even Jewish.

You folks seem to find that acceptable. I do not. If you want a heavier hand moderating that forum, by all means ask for it. But I don't think you'd be happy to see that you're not allowed to call people "Miserable lying kikes" anymore.

Globus is either jewish, or he has internalized the jewish way of thinking, so I think that it is OK to call him a jew any time. I don't think it is worse to call people Jewish than retarded.

Kriger
01-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I didn't know the Revisionism sub-forum was for do-or-die hostile debates where the only matter of importance was placed on who could shut who up with verbal rhetoric and get the last word in.

I thought it was a place to discuss some of the questions concerning Holocaust history as it is known, and to determine why Holocaust history is such a forbidden topic to discuss.

Let the ass's argue, I really could care less. In the meantime, there are those of us looking for answers. We read the pros, we read the cons, and we make up our own minds about what is being presented.

We are not interested in the incessant arguing and sneer/slur/shut the f-up campaigns. Just some answers. Not responding does not mean I agree, it means....I have made up my mind about this aspect, now how about this one.

The rest of it is just ones who like to argue, for whatever reasons.

My assessment to date is that Holocaust history contains inaccuracies and exaggerations. My observations are that if I were an Ashkenazi Jew, I would be hating the Zionists most of all.

Globus
01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Globus knows exactly jack shit about the holohoax.

Gee, DWW, that's not what the discussions show.

I don't know that much about it either but at least I'm trying to get at the truth of the matter.

No you're not. You occasionally scurry to some denier website and cut and paste something you know nothing about, but most often you're screaching "Jew" at everyone and every comment.

If the Germans gassed jews, I want to know how.

How difficult is that! Make an airtight room and introduce some lethal gas.

I want to see the murder weapons, not a bunch of pics of typhus dead bodies, fantastic witness fables and fake pics or replicas.

Go to Auschwitz, Mauthausen, Maidanek. I assume you've seen a gun. What murder weapon do we expect from starvation and beatings?

The revisionists pick this stuff apart and all the great haters of truth can do is obfuscate and trot out their tired old stories with NO BASIS IN FACT. Understand?

So why can you never show us an example of where this is the case?

Globus
01-11-2007, 01:35 PM
VS, you need to aim your rifle somewhere else. The revisonist section would be fine if it weren't for Trojan and Globus. All the other truth haters at least try to debate.

Standing reality on its head again. The only people who don't debate are you and most of the other deniers. The only thing you would if you had the sub-forum to yourself is turn it into another Jewology forum. You don't know anything other than that you hate Jews.

Globus
01-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Which comment? This always happens when I try to talk with you. Your "arguments" become so muddled that they're incomprehensible.

No, that's just your deliberate dishonesty, while pretending comments aren't in response to othe comments.

Lol, delusions of grandeur. Let me clue you in, squirt: your say-so doesn't count for jackshit around here.

Just who's delusions are we talking about, little boy!

Let me explain myself: I find interacting with the likes of you interesting.

No you don't. You're just a petulant little shit, who doesn't like it when someone simply refuses to take your act.

When you received neg rep from several staff members for a post, you complained about it.

I complained about double action and described the action. I could give a shit about childish rep systems, which apparently perform an important function for misfits and social outcasts.

Globus
01-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I am not replying anymore. I'm tired of this. I'll let you dance for me again, though, little monkey.

That's what you end up saying each and every time. You'd think you'd learn, but no, you need to run around like the schoolyard coward saying things about someone when they're not there.

Globus
01-11-2007, 01:44 PM
False. Egghead, Cerberus, and a number of other valuable posters disagree with the deniers on a regular basis and nobody takes issue with it. In contrast, Globus is a four star twat who spams the forum and trolls his ass off day in, day out. He is the Glenn Miller of Holocaust proponents...except Miller was unintentionally hilarious and Globus is just an obnoxious dick.

You're the liar Thomas old boy! The lies come from people like you, and all those who expose the lies are attacked, some more than others. The daft DWW and Delete and Burrhus have accused Cerberus of all sorts of bias and plotting and being a Jew, etc.

Anyone who would accept for one minute your rendition of reality should get his head examined.

Globus
01-11-2007, 01:48 PM
You’re obnoxious in a somewhat amusing and funny way while Globus is not. This is the salient difference.

Seriously, the Revisionism section is in complete disarray. A lot of the blame rests with Globus.

Bullshit. The blame rests with deniers who can't make an argument and wish to do nothing but flame. That's all they can do. In fact the forum is not in complete disarray. Moderation has calmed the flaming and it is exactly this fact which has incited those who's only option other than debate is flaming, which is now being effectively controlled. It drives them nuts.

Globus
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Globus is a particularly worthless piece of human garbage who isn't a quarter as smart as he thinks, which is why I put him in his place every so often.

Projecting again, are we little boy!

that guy
01-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Should endless filibustering be grounds for banning? Probably not. But a thread entitled "Should endless filibustering be grounds for banning" turning into an endless filibuster about banning (or whatever the hell the filibuster is about this time) could be grounds for a hearty LOL.

delete
01-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Projecting again, are we little boy!

You manage 7 posts in a row, and you still deny that you are filling the thread with junk and baiting for flame wars.

Do you think you grow in other peoples opinion by constantly teasing Helios about his age?
Would you mind showing your parents how you behave here on the Phora?

I meet very few assholes, but I believe you meet a lot of them.
I think this boils down to how we meet and respondes to other people.
If you act friendly, other people respond friendly, and if you meet them in an agressive tone, you eiher intimidate them or makes them angry.

It is as simple as that, but I suspect that you know this, and want people to have flame wars, and I think you want to ruin debate about the holocaust.

Geist
01-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I point you all to a little button called the Ignore button. If you all put each other on it all will be well.

delete
01-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I point you all to a little button called the Ignore button. If you all put each other on it all will be well.

When Globus manages 7 posts in a row, somebody who is not ignoring him, is going to respond, and I still have to read most of the posts because I am not ignoring his oponent .

The ignore button only work against normal posters, with spammers like Globus, only disbanding the thread works, and Globus knows it.

Globus
01-11-2007, 09:19 PM
You manage 7 posts in a row, and you still deny that you are filling the thread with junk and baiting for flame wars.

Do you really think I'm going to listen to an idiot who does nothing but spew antisemitic crap and then whines when his only method of argument is denied him!

I will respond as many times as I like. And when a collection of failed, frustrated cretins spend their time making comments about me, simply because they can't defend their denial of history, I will respond if I don't have anything else to do at the moment.

The junk is yours, and claiming that responding to your junk is somehow baiting is reminiscent of Hitler and the Nazis being baited on the Jewish question by the mere existence of Jews.

Get this through your head. I'm not going anywhere. And if you can't put forth a better effort to defend Holocaust denial in a sub-forum in which that is a topic, maybe you better go find someone who can.

Good luck!

delete
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Get this through your head. I'm not going anywhere. And if you can't put forth a better effort to defend Holocaust denial in a sub-forum in which that is a topic, maybe you better go find someone who can.

You have become like a ferret in a cage, that people poke with a stick, to watch for an amusing ragefull reaction. :)

Don Quixote
01-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't have anyone on ignore. I'm just no longer prepared to descend into the sewer to engage with ill-mannered trash, at any level or on any topic.

This only applies to a very small group of people, who doubtless know who they are. They are the ones who receive no response. I do derive some mild (very) entertainment from the spectacle of their impotent gesticulations and attempted provocations.

Keep banging that rattle Globus! You never know, someone might take pity and come along and change your dirty nappy for you.

Burrhus
01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
You (Globus) have become like a ferret in a cage, that people poke with a stick, to watch for an amusing ragefull reaction. :)

Great simile. I can almost see a visual image when I read the words. That's what a great simile does.

Globus
01-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Keep banging that rattle Globus! You never know, someone might take pity and come along and change your dirty nappy for you.

It won't be you, Basil old boy!

You stick to your National Socialist fantasies, and I'm quite happy to have given you the excuse you apparently need to avoid getting your ass spanked in discussing Holocaust denial.

That you would characterize your repeated running away from debates on this topic as some form of character improvement on your part is so typical of you.

Globus
01-11-2007, 10:36 PM
You have become like a ferret in a cage, that people poke with a stick,

No I haven't. I'm just someone who doesn't take shit from people of your ilk, and you're not used to, nor equipped, to handle that.

But you better recruit someone to take over your Holocaust debate for you, because the "gallery" must wonder just what supports this denial nonsense.