PDA

View Full Version : the future of Europe

///M power
01-12-2007, 02:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-VJQEXF-k0&NR

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Dr. Gutberlet
01-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Heh heh. Let me tell you MP, as long as I am alive that scene is going to involve much carnage should it happen in such a fashion.

Arnold Steelone
01-12-2007, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-VJQEXF-k0&NR

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

The weight should of been distributed around the axel - and even a little towards the front. That mule shouldn't even be carting that type of load by itself.

The RTA( Road, Traffic Authority) will have their numbers! :rofl:

Keystone
01-13-2007, 12:40 AM
The present of America:

http://img.timeinc.net/time/time100/images/main_spielberg.jpg

http://www.rit.edu/~commence/images/content/schumer.jpg

http://www.ihr.org/webpics/abe_foxman.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Ben_Bernanke.jpg/481px-Ben_Bernanke.jpg

Our masters...Our future.

///M power
01-13-2007, 04:24 PM
keystone,dont worry, "donkey heaven" is only going to be in Europe,where Islam is conquering it right now.
by the way keystone, I didn't think you have a problem with Jews since you wanted to convert to Judaism about 5 month ago,you remember that? do your Christian friends at this forum know you wanted to convert to Judaism?:whip:

Don Quixote
01-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Can someone describe this video as it has been pulled for violation of terms.

Vasily Zaitsev
01-13-2007, 04:45 PM
It was sad, really.

An overloaded donkey cart had tipped on its rear axle, lifting the ass up into the air by its harness.

Thankfully, the animal did not asphyxiate.

Don Quixote
01-13-2007, 04:51 PM
It was sad, really.

An overloaded donkey cart had tipped on its rear axle, lifting the ass up into the air by its harness.

Thankfully, the animal did not asphyxiate.Reminds me of that moment in Nietzsche when he witnesses a horse being beaten and is moved by the cruelty and suffering. Dostoevsky has a similar episode somewhere.

Anyone ever see Robert Bresson's Au Hasard Balthasar?

///M power
01-13-2007, 04:54 PM
if there is one thing I'm sensitive about is cruelty to animals. I posted this video because nothing happened to the poor donkey,except for having idiotic Arab masters.

delete
01-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Reminds me of that moment in Nietzsche when he witnesses a horse being beaten and is moved by the cruelty and suffering. Dostoevsky has a similar episode somewhere.

Anyone ever see Robert Bresson's Au Hasard Balthasar?

I think that the "mitleid" (compassion) with the animals is one thing that makes us humans human, and one of the reasons I don't consider all the people human here in the world.

Some animal that only thinks about his dick and own pleassure, is no human.

Dances with Wolves
01-13-2007, 08:49 PM
keystone,dont worry, "donkey heaven" is only going to be in Europe,where Islam is conquering it right now.
by the way keystone, I didn't think you have a problem with Jews since you wanted to convert to Judaism about 5 month ago,you remember that? do your Christian friends at this forum know you wanted to convert to Judaism?:whip:

Everyone is entitled to a mistake once in awhile. Are you disappointed your people's overreaching arrogance has finally reached him? I'm not.

Geist
01-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I realise this will attract flames [and moths!] but I'd sooner be ruled by Jews than Muslims. Although obviously neither would be preferable, but as things stand that's unlikely.

Don Quixote
01-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I realise this will attract flames [and moths!] but I'd sooner be ruled by Jews than Muslims. Although obviously neither would be preferable, but as things stand that's unlikely.Despite the fact that historically non-Muslims fared much better under Muslim rule than they - non-Jews - did and do under Jewish rule?
And despite the fact that in the middle ages and beyond, Christians often fled to Muslim lands to escape persecution from other Christian sects because the Muslims were noted for their tolerance, especially under rulers like Suleiman the Magnificent?

Don Quixote
01-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I think that the "mitleid" (compassion) with the animals is one thing that makes us humans human, and one of the reasons I don't consider all the people human here in the world.

Some animal that only thinks about his dick and own pleassure, is no human.Absolutely, such people are beasts, lower than beasts in fact. I quite agree with Julian Lee on this point.

Dances with Wolves
01-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Despite the fact that historically non-Muslims fared much better under Muslim rule than they - non-Jews - did and do under Jewish rule?
And despite the fact that in the middle ages and beyond, Christians often fled to Muslim lands to escape persecution from other Christian sects because the Muslims were noted for their tolerance, especially under rulers like Suleiman the Magnificent?

Good points, Basil. Most people either don't know this or fail to fully understand it. Even the jews fared better under muslims in Palestine than the muslims do there today.

People also forget that there is a sizable Christian community in Palestine, and that muslims revere Christ as a prophet of Allah. I believe it is Hamas, despite all the financial difficulties they are enduring under American/jewish "democratic" policies, that has given money to help repair the church in Bethlehem where Christ is believed to have been born.

Christians are fighting the wrong people, that's for sure.

///M power
01-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Everyone is entitled to a mistake once in awhile. Are you disappointed your people's overreaching arrogance has finally reached him? I'm not.

no, they are not entitled to a mistake of that sort.
its like me saying I want to convert to Islam.
dont you find it odd that someone is saying all the time "Jews control America" and even in this thread he posted a few pics of American Jews who control America(who ever they are I have no idea) and then he says he wants to convert to Judaism? I find it odd. very odd.
like I said,if I for example wanted to convert to Islam,that would mean something is seriously wrong with me,because I hate them.

Heavens to Betsy
01-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Despite the fact that historically non-Muslims fared much better under Muslim rule than they - non-Jews - did and do under Jewish rule?

Do we have a lot of evidence to suggests that our hypothetical Mulsim overlords the future will be anything like as tolerant as their counterparts of yore?

Ahknaton
01-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Is there any reason to believe that Muslims of today would display the same tolerance as Muslims of the past? You are comparing Islam at it's peak with Christianity at a low-point. Now that the situation is reversed.

Don Quixote
01-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Do we have a lot of evidence to suggests that our hypothetical Mulsim overlords the future will be anything like as tolerant as their counterparts of yore?Apart from historical precedent, and their own religious laws? But then based on their past performance, especially under the Ottomans, the onus is rather on you to show that they won't.

Btw, I don't believe they stand a snowball's chance in hell of ever re-establishing a caliphate or whatever nonsense the neo-con/zionist propagandists and other war mongers want us to believe. That is, if you actually believe that the fringe whackos within Islam who talk like this are not the friends of Emmanuel Goldstein

Don Quixote
01-14-2007, 12:00 PM
You are comparing Islam at it's peak with Christianity at a low-point. Now that the situation is reversed.Islam at its peak? I really think not. Islam at its peak was a progressive enlightened force for civilisation in the sciences and arts, architecture, engineering, medicine, government and so on. Now it is something else entirely different, at least in the case of the Arab world. It is a religious expression of a defeated and humiliated people kicking and screaming to resist the forces of modernisation which they see as imperialism.

Islamism has been described as a form of postmodernism insofar as it arises in the 1940's as a conscious rejection of the modern world. The forces of Islamism haven't a clue what they are up against simply because they have no understanding of their enemy, nor do they want to. Islamic terrorists are a useful device for stirring up fear amongst western societies by the rulers so they can abolish yet more of our rights. Osama Bin Laden is the Emmanuel Goldstein of the early 21st century - although even he has gone well past his use by date.

Ahknaton
01-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Islam at its peak? I really think not. Islam at its peak was a progressive enlightened force for civilisation in the sciences and arts, architecture, engineering, medicine, government and so on. Now it is something else entirely different, at least in the case of the Arab world. It is a religious expression of a defeated and humiliated people kicking and screaming to resist the forces of modernisation which they see as imperialism.

Islamism has been described as a form of postmodernism insofar as it arises in the 1940's as a conscious rejection of the modern world. The forces of Islamism haven't a clue what they are up against simply because they have no understanding of their enemy, nor do they want to. Islamic terrorists are a useful device for stirring up fear amongst western societies by the rulers so they can abolish yet more of our rights. Osama Bin Laden is the Emmanuel Goldstein of the early 21st century - although even he has gone well past his use by date.
No I meant you were describing Islam at it's peak under Sulieman, not the present day. What reason is there to think that modern-day Muslims would display the same tolerance as Sulieman the Great towards non-Muslims if they ever gained power over them?

Carlos Danger
01-14-2007, 12:36 PM
So-called "islamism" or "fundamentalism" isn't a new thing - it was the original and instinctive reaction of Muslims to the first Western incursions in the 19th century

If they're returning to it, it's only because younger generations no longer remember what happened next

Don Quixote
01-14-2007, 12:46 PM
No I meant you were describing Islam at it's peak under Sulieman, not the present day. What reason is there to think that modern-day Muslims would display the same tolerance as Sulieman the Great towards non-Muslims if they ever gained power over them?Ok, my misunderstanding.

I don't actually believe in this Muslim threat as it is protrayed in the media, especially the Neo-con/Zionist war mongering version. The fringe elements who talk about the Caliphate and make loud noises to this effect are useful idiots for an establishment that would like to, on the one hand, bang the drums of war, on the other, frighten people into giving up more rights in the "war against terrorism". If Islamism ever posed a real threat to the established order in the west, it would be crushed without further ado.

The real problem is the presence in European cities of significant culturally unassimilable Muslims, usually from rural peasant backgrounds, who bring their quaint little ways with them and have no intention of ever modifying their life style or world view to take account of their new location. Now this problem is very real. In the long run though they will have to adapt or face incerased isolation within society. Ideally, in the best of all possible worlds, they would be repatriated whence they came, but this is most unlikely short of a fundamental regime change in Europe. What is more likely and we are seeing signs of it now, is a protracted Kulturkampf which will conciliate most of them. Some commentators of a more optimistic bent see this process triggering a kind of Islamic reformation. I am not sure I would go that far, but there is an Algerian intellectual and theologian who talks a lot about this kind of thing.

Personally, the Muslims I know or have met over the years are nothing like these caricatures we read about or who are given plenty of airtime on the box. One of the chaps I know was actually an old drinking buddy of mine!

Carlos Danger
01-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I had mozzie friends too when I was younger, and it was seeing at close quarters the weird transformation that came over them c. 1995 that woke me up about these people

I was eventually pleased to lose all contact with them, but not before they explained to me in good detail what they believed, and why

They're all completely crazy, I'm afraid.

Heavens to Betsy
01-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Apart from historical precedent,

History does not replicate itself exactly

and their own religious laws?

Religious laws are often and easily twisted or disgarded altogether

Btw, I don't believe they stand a snowball's chance in hell of ever re-establishing a caliphate or whatever nonsense the neo-con/zionist propagandists and other war mongers want us to believe. That is, if you actually believe that the fringe whackos within Islam who talk like this are not the friends of Emmanuel Goldstein

Yes, but the question we're dealing with here is 'if' they became our overlords or similar.

The actions of the Christian establishment towards non-christians have changed quite a bit over the last 600 years, no? So why not suppose that Islam has done likewise?

Don Quixote
01-14-2007, 05:07 PM
History does not replicate itself exactly
Religious laws are often and easily twisted or disgarded altogetherbut you see you were asking about the future, into which no one can see. The only help we have in addressing such a question is past precedent. If I were to state which hypothesis I prefer - historical precedent or Neo-con/Zionist scare mongering, I'll choose the former. But this is all very imprecise for the reason I've stated.
Yes, but the question we're dealing with here is 'if' they became our overlords or similar.Its a counter-factual with all the problems involved in such. I prefer to deal with what has actually happened, is happening and is most likely to happen.
The actions of the Christian establishment towards non-christians have changed quite a bit over the last 600 years, no? So why not suppose that Islam has done likewise?If anything Islam has declined even though its numbers have increased. Its true glory days when it achieved much are long past.