Might as well.

Blessed Be!

Keystone
01-30-2007, 01:34 AM
The best witchy site in the world:

http://www.witchvox.com/

Mike
01-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Are you for real? If you must reject Christianity, the foundation of the West, at least embrace a manly form of paganism by converting to Odinism.

Nyx
01-30-2007, 01:43 AM
I hope you are not serious, but almost any religion is preferable Christianity, nowadays.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Are you for real? If you must reject Christianity, the foundation of the West, at least embrace a manly form of paganism by converting to Odinism.
Odinism is for stuffed-shirts. I'm not into drunken blots and long beards and Ragnarok.

Might as well be a cheerful pagan, yes? We'll see where this goes.

Helios Panoptes
01-30-2007, 01:52 AM
If you're changing to a pagan religion, why not brighten Wintermute's day?

http://thephora.net/forum/showpost.php?p=133332&postcount=47

Keystone
01-30-2007, 01:53 AM
I hope you are not serious, but almost any religion is preferable Christianity, nowadays.
Wicca is interesting because it's all over the board. It's eclectic, but mostly Euro-based spiritually.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 01:55 AM
If you're changing to a pagan religion, why not brighten Wintermute's day?

http://thephora.net/forum/showpost.php?p=133332&postcount=47
Wintermute is a dour old orthodox pagan. He's entitled, but not for me.

Thomas777
01-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Wicca is for fat chicks and 16 year old nancyboys who wear eyeliner.

Please eschew these childish fantasies.

Helios Panoptes
01-30-2007, 02:01 AM

I agree. I have never met a wiccan who wasn't either an overdramatic broad or a faggot.

Mike
01-30-2007, 02:06 AM
I said the same thing in a nicer way. :)

BTW, talk about playing into Julian Lee's hands! Wait'll he gets a load of this thread!

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:11 AM

Oh no. Hang on......

http://www.witchvox.com/vu/upx04/230739.jpg

http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=cabc&c=whs&id=4674

A Canadian Wicca copper.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:18 AM
BTW, talk about playing into Julian Lee's hands! Wait'll he gets a load of this thread!
Talk about double entendre....

Mike
01-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Damn it, I didn't notice that. If it wasn't too late, I'd edit it. At any rate, please count me out of the next "ur a fag" flame war.

Talk about double entendre....

Slavic Enforcer
01-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Congratulations, Keystone. Now you have a new hobby that gives your life sense.

After a while you'll return to the only real God anyway.

Best Regards.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:25 AM
Damn it, I didn't notice that. If it wasn't too late, I'd edit it. At any rate, please count me out of the next "ur a fag" flame war.
Meh. No foul.

Anyway, I'll be researching and expounding on my new religion, as time goes on. Bye the bye, not only fat chicks are into the Old Ways, if you get my meaning......

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Congratulations, Keystone. Now you have a new hobby that gives your life sense.

After a while you'll return to the only real God anyway.

Best Regards.
thanks man!

Apologist
01-30-2007, 02:27 AM
Might as well.

Blessed Be!

Have fun burning in Hell!

Thomas777
01-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Oh no. Hang on......

http://www.witchvox.com/vu/upx04/230739.jpg

http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a=cabc&c=whs&id=4674

A Canadian Wicca copper.

Oh I see...some Kanuck mountie with a testicle-tickler moustache and a $10 suit is into Wicca so that makes it OK.

Great rebuttal.

Carlos Danger
01-30-2007, 02:29 AM
What "old ways" are these?

Where does this "wicca" thing fit into the Odinist pantheon?

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Have fun burning in Hell!
Wiccans don't believe in Hell or the Devil. That's a Christian concept. A more nuanced afterlife exists amongst pagans.

Thomas777
01-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Wiccans don't believe in Hell or the Devil. That's a Christian concept. A more nuanced afterlife exists amongst pagans.

What sort of afterlife is it? Is it a big all you can eat buffet located in a shopping mall where you and all the other "weird kids" can hang out and listen to really shitty goth music?

bardamu
01-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Odinism is for stuffed-shirts. I'm not into drunken blots and long beards and Ragnarok.

Might as well be a cheerful pagan, yes? We'll see where this goes.

Wicca is for lesbians and poofters, I regret to inform you. It is controlled by Jewish women, the ugly and man hating type.

Apologist
01-30-2007, 02:34 AM

Believe in it or not, you are still gonna spend your eternity getting reamed by Satan in the Lake of Fire if you don't repent and turn to Our Blessed Lord.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:34 AM
What sort of afterlife is it? Is it a big all you can eat buffet located in a shopping mall where you and all the other "weird kids" can hang out and listen to really shitty goth music?
LOL. No. The weird kids in my day listened to Styx or later Air Supply.

Nyx
01-30-2007, 02:35 AM
What's wrong with Odinism?

Apologist
01-30-2007, 02:35 AM

It is clearly false.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:36 AM
It's full of neo-nazis.

Thomas777
01-30-2007, 02:37 AM
LOL. No. The weird kids in my day listened to Styx or later Air Supply.

People are going to think its pretty weird to see some 50 year old guy wearing his daughter's eyeliner and a pentagram necklace hanging out with a bunch of mallrat 9th graders. In fact, I must inform you that you may attract the attention of the local authorities.

Thomas777
01-30-2007, 02:38 AM
It's full of neo-nazis.

Yeah but they are just a bunch of beer swilling jackasses who want to screw ugly chicks and get viking tats.

Its better to be a White Trash knucklehead than a 50 year old Wiccan.

omni
01-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Wicca is interesting because it's all over the board. It's eclectic, but mostly Euro-based spiritually.

Eclectic meaning no continuity and a mish-mosh of "empowering" ideas that feed right into the egoes of bored middle-aged housewives. Wicca is a sham because it is a product of global culture and capitalism.

If you think I'm wrong, look at a page like this: http://www.mysticconvergence.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2217

Der Sozialist
01-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Might as well.

Blessed Be!
This really does not belong in the Lyceum.

bardamu
01-30-2007, 02:41 AM
It's full of neo-nazis.

This is not true actually. It is probably about half and half. In California most Asatruer are not blatant racists.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:43 AM
People are going to think its pretty weird to see some 50 year old guy wearing his daughter's eyeliner and a pentagram necklace hanging out with a bunch of mallrat 9th graders. In fact, I must inform you that you may attract the attention of the local authorities.
Mallrat 9th graders have no religion, and my daughter doesn't wear eyeliner.

I am a solitary Wiccan, and I do not proselytize. You are thinking of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:47 AM
We used to drink all night in the church lyceum.

Petr
01-30-2007, 02:47 AM
I wonder if Keystone is drunk tonight?

http://freemasonrywatch.org/witchcraft.html

Wicca and Freemasonry

Freemasonry's Latest Scheme: Wicca, the Neo-Pagan Witchcraft Nature Religion for the New Age

Whether the books were far-fetched or not, we can assume that some of the many similarities between Wicca and Masonry are in some ways due to Ward's influence.

Some of these include:

The Three Degrees
The Craft
So Mote It Be
The Challenge
Properly Prepared
The 1st Degree Oath (in part)
Presentation of the Working Tools at 1st degree

and so on.

Per

Keystone
01-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Believe in it or not, you are still gonna spend your eternity getting reamed by Satan in the Lake of Fire if you don't repent and turn to Our Blessed Lord.
Fucking Hell!

No way! You believe in Eternal Reaming, not me!

Apologist
01-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Fucking Hell!

No way! You believe in Eternal Reaming, not me!

Your belief in the eternal ass whoopin' you are gonna get is completely independent in your belief in the same.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 03:02 AM
Your belief in the eternal ass whoopin' you are gonna get is completely independent in your belief in the same.
That's interesting. I think you're saying I'll be fried, but you won't do a thing to prevent it. Is that so?

Helios Panoptes
01-30-2007, 03:06 AM

Agreed. .

Apologist
01-30-2007, 03:09 AM
That's interesting. I think you're saying I'll be fried, but you won't do a thing to prevent it. Is that so?

Tell you what. If you can find anything more beautiful than this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21pnAoiGnjs), this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ef9I9WAfTp0), or this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6576441570193263735&q=tridentine+mass&hl=en), lemme know.

Jake Featherston
01-30-2007, 03:50 AM
A straight, right-wing male Wiccan? Now that's what I call diversity!

Jake Featherston
01-30-2007, 04:00 AM

Unfortunately, we get the Afterlife that actually exists, rather than the one we necessarily believe in.

My brain tells me we rot in the ground, but my heart tells me there's something more than that; each has been right before, so who can say? Faith is a crutch for people who can't just admit they don't know what the fuck is going on in this Universe of ours. Or maybe they do know, 'cause God has revealed Himself to them, but has eschewed doing so for me. That would suck.

Hermetic
01-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Well Keystone if your not just fucking around for a reaction, and maybe even if you are. A good book on the subject is Mastering Witchcraft by Huson if you go to www.Tikaboo.com in the libary section you can upload and read/print it for free.

Anyway good luck on your path.

As for Wiccans there do exist very serious powerful witches and warlocks who take the craft seriously. But they exist in the LHP area Iam not sure about rhp types most I have met have been the stereotypes described. But anyway do your own thing.

il ragno
01-30-2007, 04:04 AM
I congratulate Keystone on his fine choice of designer religion! There's not a thing wrong with Wiccans, it's as "normal" as Presbyterianism with black eyeliner.

Now, rooting for the Pittsburgh Piates....that's just fucking sick.

Hermetic
01-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Why not use astral projection to go see? Also if you are very wanting to know and have some courage you could always do a summing ritual for one of the Gods or Goddesses if you act respectfully they will treat you respectfully. Certain people treat such rituals as a joke and do not like the results of their actions.

Unfortunately, we get the Afterlife that actually exists, rather than the one we necessarily believe in.

My brain tells me we rot in the ground, but my heart tells me there's something more than that; each has been right before, so who can say? Faith is a crutch for people who can't just admit they don't know what the fuck is going on in this Universe of ours. Or maybe they do know, 'cause God has revealed Himself to them, but has eschewed doing so for me. That would suck.

Björn
01-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Keystone is just having some fun. Not the first time someone baited a conversation like this.

Sulla the Dictator
01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Why not use astral projection to go see? Also if you are very wanting to know and have some courage you could always do a summing ritual for one of the Gods or Goddesses if you act respectfully they will treat you respectfully. Certain people treat such rituals as a joke and do not like the results of their actions.

Ugh. Keystone, why would you want to join the same demographic bracket as Harry Potter here?

I would rather be a member of Opus Dei than a Wiccan, Odinist, 4th level Dragon Mage, or any other Occultist nonsense.

Question Vindex: Do your Gods and Goddesses advertise on Craigslist and offer half and half upon each 'summoning'? :rofl:

albion
01-30-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.neopagan.net/graphics/I+P-Handfasting2-Sm.jpg http://www.neopagan.net/graphics/Books/Book_Bonewits_BEGW-Sm.jpg http://www.satanservice.org/graphics/isaac-bonewits.jpg
Isaac is the Founder and Archdruid Emeritus of Ár nDraíocht Féin: A Druid Fellowship (the best known Neopagan Druid organization based in North America), a 3° Druid within the United Ancient Order of Druids (the best known Mesopagan Druid order), a retired High Priest in both the Gardnerian ("British Orthodox") and the N.R.O.O.G.D. ("California Heterodox") traditions of Wicca (Neopagan Witchcraft), an initiate of Santeria (Afro-Cuban Mesopaganism) and the "Caliphate Line" of the Ordo Templi Orientis (Aleister Crowley's Mesopagan magical tradition), as well as a member of other Neopagan and Mesopagan Druid orders. He has been a member of the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPS) for three years. Having survived four previous spouses (and vice versa), on July 23, 2004 he was handfasted to CUUPS co-founder, tarot expert, writer, and Wiccan Priestess, Phaedra Heyman Bonewits (hope springs eternal).

Articulate, witty, yet scholarly, Isaac is currently writing books on Druidism, Witchcraft, Neopaganism, dualism, and polytheology. Should your topic be outside his expertise, he can quickly refer you to colleagues, scholars and spokespersons for any legitimate Neopagan movement. Those interested in having him present a workshop or seminar may contact him though his website: http://www.neopagan.net/

Jake Featherston
01-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I remember a few years ago, I thought Wikipedia had something to do with Wicca. I remember wondering why the Hell Wiccans needed their own encyclopedia....

Micaelis
01-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Got Inquisition?

Vasily Zaitsev
01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm converting to Wicca

Look man, every so often a bigger girl is fun.

But you don't need to advertise.

Ahknaton
01-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Do you have any familiars Keystone?

HrodbertPalatinus
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
This is tragic. Wicca will do nothing to ease your existential needs and confusion. Wicca, in fact, has little do with the savageries of pre-Christian European paganism and everything to do with Gerald Gardner's own idiosyncratic liberal brand of fringe Freemasonry. Study the best of authentic philosophical paganism-Pythagoras, Plato, Seneca, Plotinus-before wasting your mind with the empty reconstructionist pseudo-religion of wicca.

Julius Evola, The Misunderstandings of the New "Paganism," 1942

http://www.geocities.com/integral_tradition/pagan.html

Dr. Gutberlet
01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Hell is full of well-meaning wiccans. Repent.

Arrow Cross
01-30-2007, 03:42 PM
www.Tikaboo.com
Most recent library additions:

The Rabbinical Kosher Excise Tax
Ibogaine - Rite of Passage
Diviner's Sage
Salvia Divinorum User's Guide
High Potency Homemade Salvia Divinorum Tincture
Vindex, Vindex... :nono:

Keystone
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I get the feeling you guys don't think this is a good idea?...:confused:

Apologist
01-30-2007, 10:10 PM

I made a thread just for you. :jam:

See the "Polytheistic God's don't exist" thread.

cyborg
01-30-2007, 10:15 PM

No. Christians across the West are learning that Islam is the only path to righteousness. Start your journey with The Aquarian Tabernacle Church (http://www.aquatabch.org/).

Keystone
01-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I congratulate Keystone on his fine choice of designer religion! There's not a thing wrong with Wiccans, it's as "normal" as Presbyterianism with black eyeliner.
Blessed be there, il ragno. You are star stuff.

I figure dress down the broomstick and cat attitude and plug in some serious male fertility:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Cernunnos.jpg

Cernunnos the Stag Lord

The athame and cauldron are powerful magickal tools, and the Wheel of the Year is bound up inside all of us. Much more natural than the phony Xtian holidays.
Now, rooting for the Pittsburgh Piates....that's just fucking sick.
There are spells for that...;) My Maz bobblehead is already headed for my new home altar.

Apologist
01-30-2007, 10:34 PM
You just want an excuse to have yearly orgies.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 10:44 PM
You just want an excuse to have yearly orgies.
Not at all, but that wouldn't be against the Wiccan Rede:

An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will

Better an orgy between adults than the "pastoral care" given out to kids by horny churchmen. Eh?

Keystone
01-30-2007, 10:49 PM
A straight, right-wing male Wiccan? Now that's what I call diversity!
"Folkish Wicca"? I don't think anyone's taken a stab at that yet.

I am solitary and eclectic. Anything is possible.

Przemysław
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM

I'm gonna murder you in your sleep

Keystone
01-30-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm gonna murder you in your sleep
You might benefit from the aforementioned Wiccan Rede.

Keystone
01-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Keystone is just having some fun. Not the first time someone baited a conversation like this.
Give that man a cigar.

sugartits
01-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Gay-Hissin' Wiccan, didja put a love spell on all the pretty boys here? Maybe they'll meet you at the dug-out for a game of pitch and catch. :love:

Boleslaw
01-31-2007, 05:54 PM
ROTFL!! Keystone finally shows his true colors.

Keystone
02-01-2007, 02:29 AM
ROTFL!! Keystone finally shows his true colors.
How long has it been since you were a pagan, eh, Perun?

Don't bay at me, Cardinal Fang with a lunchbox....

antibuddha
02-01-2007, 10:11 AM
If Keystone is serious, this thread is hilarious.

If Keystone is joking, and using this thread to mock Wicca, it's even more hilarious.

If Keystone is semi-serious/semi-joking and is using this thread to have a larf at all the folks reflexively sneering and moaning and pissing about Wicca and fat chicks and teen goths, this is possibly the most hilarious thread on the Phora.

Any way you slice it, you're a winner in my book Keystone.

Burrhus
02-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Out of the goodness of my heart and in an effort to spare you from the ignominy of becoming a Wiccan, I offer you an alternative...worship me. Become a Burrhusan.

It's easy. Just say three times while slowly turning in a circle...I am a Burrhusan. Voila. It's done.

Richard Parker
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
@Pedal, judging from your avatar you went through with it. Of course avatars mean next to nothing.

But still, you seem to be going through some changes, from what I see. For example you seem to be getter racistier and racistier (*).

Maybe the diversity is acting up where you live?

* My word these days for people who aren't racist but often sound like it is "racisty". The word "racist" has such a finality about it so I needed something that described a person's temporary states, or fits of racist pique. Sometimes I think Geist is a good example of racistiness. In his case my application of this label is also partly tongue-in-cheek, in the manner of his user name being "Like Hitler", or that big pink swastika he had in his sig at MSF before. Speaking of Geist, don't you think the word racisty has a Bobina-esque silliness to it?

Keystone
02-02-2007, 11:01 PM
@Pedal, judging from your avatar you went through with it. Of course avatars mean next to nothing.

But still, you seem to be going through some changes, from what I see. For example you seem to be getter racistier and racistier (*).

Maybe the diversity is acting up where you live?
Unfortunately, they're not acting, harjit...:(

I was raised hearing "nigger" "burr-head", etc...At first didn't think about it, then did it myself, then went against it, now being racistier...

There's always been tension between white and black here. Don't think it will stop until the whites have all left. From my view, it's the blacks' fault. I would be lying if I said otherwise. They aren't civilized. You wouldn't want to live around here, either.

My "get tough" brand of Wicca is still in the planning. The Lord and Lady have been speaking to me of late.......

Richard Parker
02-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I was raised hearing "nigger" "burr-head", etc...At first didn't think about it, then did it myself, then went against it, now being racistier...
Is it ebbing or flowing right now?

There's always been tension between white and black here. Don't think it will stop until the whites have all left. From my view, it's the blacks' fault. I would be lying if I said otherwise. They aren't civilized. You wouldn't want to live around here, either.
Forget like or dislike, I wouldn't survive two days in your neck of the woods. Japan is not exactly optimal training ground to learn the art of dodging bullets when stepping out to buy some milk.

My "get tough" brand of Wicca is still in the planning. The Lord and Lady have been speaking to me of late.......
Maybe if the racistiness keeps progressing it will segue into Aryan paganism, steeped in Savitri Devi, and the VNN crew will regret ever having called you Keystein. :whip:

OVERWATCH
07-16-2007, 04:44 AM
bump..............!

Keystone
07-16-2007, 11:06 PM
bump..............!
What?

My avatar is the star over the baby Jesus' manger...:)

Draco
07-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Do you live in mortal fear of a resurgence of anti-Wiccan tendencies leading to a Second Burning Times? Perhaps you have a great grandfather to the 12th power who was persecuted for his beliefs and died at the hands of Inquisitors? Is "Never Again" a bumper sticker on your VW Rabbit that runs on bio-diesel fuel?

If not, how can you call yourself a true Wiccan?

And yes, it is a real religion, as it is chock full of neurotic fuckwits, just like the rest of them.

The Retard
07-17-2007, 12:08 AM
This guy (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70352102) is interested in forming a Circle for Queer Wiccan men. Maybe he will allow you to enter his covenant. :)

Keystone
07-17-2007, 12:19 AM
This guy (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70352102) is interested in forming a Circle for Queer Wiccan men. Maybe he will allow you to enter his covenant. :)
I don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.bonnetgirls.com/images/Christmas%20Star%20copy.JPG

That star represents the Nativity of Christ....

For shame.

Dr. Gutberlet
07-17-2007, 01:06 AM
http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/slayer_eagle_poster_L.jpg

This star should be over the dusky baby's manger thing.

il ragno
07-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Gutlerbet keeps shaking his rattle and squawking "Satan!" from his high chair - let's all pay attention to him for 30 seconds, so he'll take his bottle and go beddy-bye.

The Retard
07-17-2007, 01:42 AM
I don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.bonnetgirls.com/images/Christmas%20Star%20copy.JPG

That star represents the Nativity of Christ....

For shame.
That is a pentagram and it represents the 5 wounds of Jesus.

Keystone
07-17-2007, 01:47 AM
That is a pentagram and it represents the 5 wounds of Jesus.
Nice...:)

But it was a star before people knew about "pentagrams", bub. The nuns taught us to draw it without lifting our pencils...

Bourne
07-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Wicca is feminist crap. Neurotic people feel attracted to it.

Dr. Gutberlet
07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Gutlerbet keeps shaking his rattle and squawking "Satan!" from his high chair - let's all pay attention to him for 30 seconds, so he'll take his bottle and go beddy-bye.

Both satan and satanism(in the black mass sense) are utter drivel IMO; more parts of the semitic desert fable. To believe in "satan", one must acknowledge christianity. Since I do not acknowledge christianity, I do not acknowledge satan.

I have also never "squawked" satan on these boards.

Midgaard
10-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Well Keystone if your not just fucking around for a reaction, and maybe even if you are. A good book on the subject is Mastering Witchcraft by Huson if you go to www.Tikaboo.com in the libary section you can upload and read/print it for free.

Anyway good luck on your path.

As for Wiccans there do exist very serious powerful witches and warlocks who take the craft seriously. But they exist in the LHP area Iam not sure about rhp types most I have met have been the stereotypes described. But anyway do your own thing.

I don't care how old this thread is but you're fucking fired Vindex.

Przemysław
10-22-2009, 05:43 PM
BQ5AQDWRGy8

Dreadnought
10-26-2009, 07:27 PM
BQ5AQDWRGy8 LARPers are honest about just wanting to have a laugh, they don't pretend it's proper religion like Wiccans do.

Nyx
08-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Interesting thread.

Thomas777
08-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Interesting thread.

Stop bumping ancient threads nobody cares about, Aspergius.

Nyx
08-07-2012, 12:47 AM
"This message is hidden because Thomas777 is on your ignore list."

Arrow Cross
08-07-2012, 01:16 AM
I hope you are not serious.
Interesting thread.
They grow up so fast...

Nyx
08-07-2012, 02:42 AM
They grow up so fast...
What makes you think I changed my mind on Wiccanism. I still think it is garbage. Nonetheless, this is a good thread.

Wodwo
05-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Keystone, are you still a Wiccan, 8 years later? Would you like to tell us what you learned?

il ragno
05-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Bumpers of ancient troll-threads are not viewed warmly around here......