PDA

View Full Version : Wow...fuck....

Przemysław
02-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I failed my United States Government class.

It's required to graduate from high school.

Fuck.

I've only got one more chance to take it over again-and if I fail again then I'm fucked.

Der Sozialist
02-05-2007, 11:20 PM

Fuck.

I've only got one more chance to take it over again-and if I fail again then I'm fucked.
You’re still in high school? :rofl:

Björn
02-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Dude just get your GED. Better yet don't finish high school through that. Stop there and enroll in a running start program and have the gov pay for your college education. Whatever you do, don't sweat it cause it's not as important as you think it is. Unless you plan on becoming a doctor or lawyer...

LastResort56
02-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Sturmwaffen

Fuck.

Heh, I'm taking AP Civics/ US government right now.
How can you fail US gov/civics? Its the simplist course in high school next to English. If you take AP(advanced placement) then move down a notch, or more likely stop spending so much time on The Phora or at a piano and do your homework!

Keystone
02-05-2007, 11:36 PM

Fuck.

Too bad, Beethoven! Quit fucking around on the internet.

Bwaha.

VAMPIR
02-05-2007, 11:44 PM
It will be OK Bethoven, just pull up harder... :D

ActionAlert
02-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Well. it's been a long time since I was in High School but I do read the papers... Perhaps if you made a sexual advance toward your teacher, He/She might be able to work out a deal with you!

shanemac
02-06-2007, 12:45 AM
You seem like a smart guy.

No way you could fail High School unless you said something "sexist or racist". Just spout the crap they expect you to spout and you'll be fine.

Przemysław
02-06-2007, 12:57 AM
My essays on the exams were full of racial rants.

Probably why.

ivory bill
02-06-2007, 01:05 AM

Probably why.

If that is true then you're screwed, self-blackballed. In academia nothing is more frowned upon than racism.....except antisemitism.

Helios Panoptes
02-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Didn't you say you failed math, too?

Ahknaton
02-06-2007, 01:13 AM

Probably why.
Why would you do that? What the hell were you thinking?

koch curve
02-06-2007, 01:15 AM
how is it so hard for people to pass history classes? i literally slept through my world history class in 10th grade and got a 98.

Helios Panoptes
02-06-2007, 01:15 AM
I took a physical anthropology class as a freshman in college and there was a multiple choice question about whether or not race was correlated with intelligence. I answered "yes."

shanemac
02-06-2007, 01:25 AM
I took a physical anthropology class as a freshman in college and there was a multiple choice question about whether or not race was correlated with intelligence. I answered "yes."

"how many fingers Winston?"....

Przemysław
02-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Didn't you say you failed math, too?
Almost. My teacher cut me a lot of slack because he knew it was the last math class I had to take for the rest of my life-and he knew I struggled with it-so he passed me.

Why would you do that? What the hell were you thinking?

Exercising my right to freedom of speech ;)

Der Sozialist
02-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Almost. My teacher cut me a lot of slack because he knew it was the last math class I had to take for the rest of my life-and he knew I struggled with it-so he passed me.

How can you almost fail math? Government, I can understand but math?

Helios Panoptes
02-06-2007, 01:37 AM
Don't you have to pass state tests to graduate in Washington? We did in New York. There were "regents" examinations for mathematics, biology, physics, english, history, etc. They were not all mandatory if you didn't want a regents diploma, but you needed math.

Hrolf Kraki
02-06-2007, 01:52 AM

Probably why.

Don't do that unless you're brilliant at it. If you don't know the material, just do what they want. Now if you know the material, then you can start doing stuff like that. I slept through high school for the most part and breezed right through so I did my fair share of bullshitting. :D

Hrolf Kraki
02-06-2007, 01:54 AM

Hahaha! What'd the professor say? :D

I also took physical anthropology my freshman year. It was a really easy class. I was surprised.

Der Sozialist
02-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Don't you have to pass state tests to graduate in Washington? We did in New York. There were "regents" examinations for mathematics, biology, physics, english, history, etc. They were not all mandatory if you didn't want a regents diploma, but you needed math.
The WASL, I believe.

Björn
02-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Dude never right a damn thing about race in any class ever. Even if you consider yourself a moderate. These people aren't there to make you smart they are there to assert a politically correct agenda.

Scryllak
02-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Tough break Sturm. I failed a number of classes throughout high school--physical science, algebra, Spanish (twice!). That environment was not conducive to my education. I was also lazy.

A shame for you to fail out because of something like that, though. I'd never write anything political at all, much less racial, if it can be helped. Teachers are fallible at best, and miniature tyrants at worst, so I'd avoid any reason to earn their ire. Some would even regard an essay's dissent on the racial truth of the current paradigm to be a disciplinary affair. Best to simply dodge that bullet.

The GED is always an option, though. I was homeschooled in 11th and 12th grade, and had to take it--the test's a cinch, and most colleges regard it as equal to a diploma. You may have to write a few essays to prove your worth to the big Unis, but that shouldn't be too hard, as long as you keep the content officially truthful. :p

Przemysław
02-06-2007, 05:29 AM
The WASL, I believe.
Yeah-my class is the first graduating class to have to pass Math, Reading, and Writing sections in order to graduate. I guess more than half of the kids who took the math section failed it last year, and then failed it again during the summer when we were allowed to retake it (I, being one of the many). I aced reading and writing-I whizzed right through them and was the first one done for both of those tests-and I got high scores.

But I've heard that the state government is noticing how many people are failing the math section and are highly considering taking it off of the requirements list for a few years. So I might get a break from that.

As far as the GED goes, if I don't get my diploma (which I'm seeing as highly likely) I'm definitely getting my GED...I'd be stupid not to.

Helios Panoptes
02-06-2007, 05:30 AM
I never failed a class at any level. I never came close to failing one, in fact. I wasn't diligent in high school, either. I was absent more than most. Nowadays, I go to class, though.

Przemysław
02-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Math is the only subject I have absolutely no knowledge of. I cannot understand it one iota. Last year I would have passed my biology class but my teacher hated me. And no, that's not some lame excuse-my teacher HATED me. I turned in god-knows how much extra credit work and assignments to make up for the points of the ones he "accidentally misplaced" and my grade was no higher than it was before.

Thomas777
02-06-2007, 05:36 AM
High school must have changed since the early 90s...we weren't required to do anything other than just pass final exams...there weren't any state-sponsored tests to be had or anything like that.

Must be the good 'ol D of E meddling around with the curriculums of the several states.

Anyway, pass your fucking classes, Sturmwaffen. I spent everyday of highschool being a slacker dipshit and getting stoned at lunch outside of the local McDonalds and cutting class to chat up the skanky girls who took shop class and I still graduated with a 'C' average.

Sulla the Dictator
02-06-2007, 05:40 AM
I see no reason why anyone would write a racist rant in a civics paper. All they require you to do is chart the organization of government.

Scryllak
02-06-2007, 05:46 AM
I don't understand how people can slack and graduate. I slacked off only a little and was failed consistently. It's the damn homework. Slacking off or forgetting a single assignment would net me a zero, and would effectively cancel out three 100's. My grade in any given class was inversely proportional to the amount of homework given.

I fucking hate(d) homework. After 8 hours, I'm off for the day, thanks. My father once quit a job because they expected him to do paperwork at home after his normal workday.

Hippias
02-06-2007, 05:47 AM
I received mediocre grades until my junior and senior years of high school when I really started applying myself. My elementary and middle school teachers regarded me as an underachieving daydreamer. I surprised everyone by going from a C average as a sophmore to the honor roll in my junior year. Just exert a little effort Sturm and you'll pass your classes.

Thomas777
02-06-2007, 05:50 AM
I don't understand how people can slack and graduate. I slacked off only a little and was failed consistently. It's the damn homework. Slacking off or forgetting a single assignment would net me a zero, and would effectively cancel out three 100's. My grade in any given class was inversely proportional to the amount of homework given.

I fucking hate(d) homework. After 8 hours, I'm off for the day, thanks. My father once quit a job because they expected him to do paperwork at home after his normal workday.

I don't remember getting a lot of homework in high school. I picked up a lot of 'D's in math and foreign language classes, and final exams were relatively rigorous (at least I thought so at age 17) but I don't remember having a lot of homework assignments.

Then again, I haven't been in high school since 1994, so things may have changed. The only people I knew who really busted their ass in high school was our class valedictorian who ended up going to Harvard, and this guy who was a West Point legacy. Other than those two guys, the only people I really saw busting balls were the Asian kids and some of the nerdlinger math prodigies.

Thomas777
02-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Keep in mind, Sturmwaffen, if you are a mediocre student, you need to score big on the ACT or the SAT (whichever is preferred these days).

What saved my ass from a life of being a Subway 'sandwich artist' or mopping floors at the movie theater was the fact that I pulled it together and kicked ass on the ACT and essentially waived in with respect to my university admission.

This is not the easiest way to go, but you can do it...grab up a study guide and hit it up for a few months everyday.

That is my advice for the evening. Just relax and you'll be fine.

Helios Panoptes
02-06-2007, 06:03 AM
I don't understand how people can slack and graduate.

There are lots of state tests in my location. If you get a 65 or above, you move onto the next grade. I remember one year I was doing terribly in math. I wasn't showing up. The teacher actually called my parents because he would concerned I would fail. I got a 98 on the regents exam, which put me through automatically and he gave me a C+; I suppose because I demonstrated mastery of the material.

t's the damn homework.

The homework didn't count for much in the average. Also, I always aced the tests, so the teachers probably caught on to the fact that I was uninterested, but I was following along well enough, so they cut me some slack.

I received mediocre grades until my junior and senior years of high school when I really started applying myself. My elementary and middle school teachers regarded me as an underachieving daydreamer. I surprised everyone by going from a C average as a sophmore to the honor roll in my junior year. Just exert a little effort Sturm and you'll pass your classes.

Yes, my academic history is similar. I was a C student with a terrible attendence record and my fair share of misconduct, then I began to pick up the pace in 11th grade. I did not really begin to apply myself until college.

Przemysław
02-06-2007, 06:08 AM
I see no reason why anyone would write a racist rant in a civics paper. All they require you to do is chart the organization of government.
Au contrare

We studied lots of laws-mainly that of immigration. As I recall, one of the essay topics was "Describe how immigrants have shaped modern American culture" or something like that.

Forza Azzurri
02-06-2007, 06:20 AM
The only bad grade i received in high school was a "D" in biology AP. I had to play the 'racial card' at the end of the semester in order for my prospective university to cut me some slack and keep their 'acceptance' of me. :whip:

Richard Parker
02-06-2007, 10:45 AM
The exact same thing happened to me.

I was always a slacker with a C average but started worrying in the last two years of high school about my future. It was during the early 80s recession (after Reagan jacked up interest rates) and I was hearing and reading sob stories all over the place.

I realized that it was very important to get into a good university and started seriously applying myself. The rest is history, although I have had to continuously struggle against that slacker tendency. It continues to be an issue, perhaps the hardest aspect of my life.

Ahmadinebobina
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Probably why.

Silliest of the sillys.
IF you are doing a politics related question/exam you do not pull out the un-pc crap, instead you pick your favourite political thing that is not actually racist etc. Mine is always the Tamils in Sri Lanka. You get to write an enjoyable exam and get marked well. Try it.

Der Sozialist
02-06-2007, 04:22 PM
The only subjects that I failed during high school were gym. Gym in my school was mostly graded based on effort but I hated team sports and I never participated in those. Nor did I do the swimming or the square dancing segments.

I will admit, though, that my marks in liberal arts classes were not the highest by any means. The formula for a poor grade was a female teacher teaching an English course—I even was suspended in my sophomore year when I mocked my teacher’s appearance in an essay (I will admit, the subject was off topic).

However, I always did well in Math and science courses—even with minimal effort on my part. I also did well in history, when the tests were based on MC format and not essays.

I still graduated early, however.

Der Sozialist
02-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Homework, in my high school, in math and science courses was non-existent. Liberal arts courses had their projects and essays, however.

Yon
02-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Au contrare

We studied lots of laws-mainly that of immigration. As I recall, one of the essay topics was "Describe how immigrants have shaped modern American culture" or something like that.

If you express politically incorrect sentiments in a paper, teachers will fear you are at risk of "slipping through the cracks" so to speak. You have a better understanding of Marxism than many at your age. You must use this to your advantage and strew Marxist overtones throughout your papers. If you do this, even if your main points are muddled and supporting evidence lacking, they will give you a more favorable grade. Use the time you saved to read appropriate fascist literature.

I understand your reservations about being dishonest in a paper, but I look at it more as a game. Think of it as talking to children about the Easter Bunny. Of course you don't believe in it, but if you try to ruin it for them, they will resent you.

OVERWATCH
02-06-2007, 04:57 PM
When I was in the first years of high school, back in the 80ies, when the cold war was raging, I peppered many of my school essays with pro-Soviet rants and my disdain for the jingoistic American paytriotism which was so prevalent then. My folks always used to warn me that my writings were going to get us put on some gubmn't watchlist.

The thing that I did not realise at the time, is that educators and the teacher's unions tend to be leftist. My failure to realise this was probably due to one of my teachers being an ardent anti-communist, who was horrified and appalled by my solid justifications for the downing of KAL007.

So it would be wise to heed Yon's advice.

TruthSeeker
02-06-2007, 09:07 PM
You’re still in high school? :rofl:

You're still a prick? :rofl:

Richard Parker
02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Silliest of the sillys.
IF you are doing a politics related question/exam you do not pull out the un-pc crap, instead you pick your favourite political thing that is not actually racist etc. Mine is always the Tamils in Sri Lanka. You get to write an enjoyable exam and get marked well. Try it.
What is your position on Tamils in Sri Lanka?

Richard Parker
02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
When I was in the first years of high school, back in the 80ies, when the cold war was raging, I peppered many of my school essays with pro-Soviet rants and my disdain for the jingoistic American paytriotism which was so prevalent then. My folks always used to warn me that my writings were going to get us put on some gubmn't watchlist.

The thing that I did not realise at the time, is that educators and the teacher's unions tend to be leftist. My failure to realise this was probably due to one of my teachers being an ardent anti-communist, who was horrified and appalled by my solid justifications for the downing of KAL007.

So it would be wise to heed Yon's advice.
FlaK, how did that lead to going to the extremest of the extreme right later on in life?

I wonder if your pendulum is swinging back, or if it has attained equilibrium where it is now.

1-800
02-07-2007, 08:34 PM
school's cool, stay in school

:google:

Der Sozialist
02-07-2007, 09:26 PM
You're still a prick? :rofl:
I am very hurt. Now run along and grovel for more rep points.

Heavens to Betsy
02-07-2007, 10:37 PM

Well then you demonstrated that you are in fact an idiot and desperve to be failed.
Seriously school is a walk in the park for those in anyway intelligent. They're pretty explicit about what they expect from you, all you have to do is fall in line.

TruthSeeker
02-07-2007, 10:44 PM
I am very hurt. Now run along and grovel for more rep points.

Is that all you can do? If your piss poor attempt to insult me was meant to damage my ego, you're seriously delusional.

Der Sozialist
02-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Is that all you can do? If your piss poor attempt to insult me was meant to damage my ego, you're seriously delusional.
I really don’t have to "insult" you. Your actions in the Stan appreciation thread does that nicely. :)

TruthSeeker
02-07-2007, 11:41 PM
I really don’t have to "insult" you. Your actions in the Stan appreciation thread do that nicely. :)

I could care less about that. Unlike you, I don't spend my free time on that thread constantly clicking on the Refresh button every single second waiting to see what comes up with next.

Der Sozialist
02-07-2007, 11:49 PM
I could care less about that. Unlike you, I don't spend my free time on that thread constantly clicking on the Refresh button every single second waiting to see what comes up with next.
I am not sure quite what you are talking about. However, after I posted in this thread, you responded, and I responded to your quip about 1 hour after your post. In contrast, after I responded, you responded two minutes after my post even though no internet dialog was transpiring.

So who is clicking the refresh button?

Nyx
02-08-2007, 12:12 AM
I took a physical anthropology class as a freshman in college and there was a multiple choice question about whether or not race was correlated with intelligence. I answered "yes."What was the "correct" answer?

TruthSeeker
02-08-2007, 01:03 AM
I am not sure quite what you are talking about. However, after I posted in this thread, you responded, and I responded to your quip about 1 hour after your post. In contrast, after I responded, you responded two minutes after my post even though no internet dialog was transpiring.

So who is clicking the refresh button?

I never did. I logged onto the Phora a few minutes before I posted a response to you. The fact that you're still referring to the Stan Thread only shows a substantial lack of originality on your part.

Der Sozialist
02-08-2007, 01:16 AM
I never did. I logged onto the Phora a few minutes before I posted a response to you. The fact that you're still referring to the Stan Thread only shows a substantial lack of originality on your part.
Well, because that is all I am aware of at the moment. I am sure, that as we continue to interact, I will discover more curiosities about your character.

Przemysław
02-08-2007, 01:37 AM
How the hell does a thread about high school and graduation turn into a flame war between two people about flame tactics?

TruthSeeker
02-08-2007, 01:40 AM
...I am sure, that as we continue to interact, I will discover more curiosities about your character.

You do that! http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9022/thumbsuple9.gif

How the hell does a thread about high school and graduation turn into a flame war between two people about flame tactics?

It's the Phora. Anything goes...well...almost anything.

Leshrac
02-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Do your next essay explaining why you used racial slurs :rofl:

Turn it into racial controversy :p