PDA

View Full Version : Dxm

Aule
02-15-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm having an absolutely wonderful experience right now. 236mg DXM, 250mg tramadol and one bowl of cannabis. Everythinmg is numb.

Ahknaton
02-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Tell us about it, if you want to.

Aule
02-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Tell us about it, if you want to.

I don't think i've ever been this light before. Earlier I was literally skipping up the stairs. When I close my eyes I can see multicolored snakes foaming and twisting like canes and miozarts le nozze di figaro sounds as though it is soaring through my head. It is absolutely beautiful. Beyond description.

sugartits
02-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Groovy.

DXM is quite an interesting experience. I have not done it in a long time...I know that feeling of being 'light'.

I should do it again.

What else is it doing to your head?!

koch curve
02-15-2007, 08:09 AM
im on 300mg DXM and 100mg acepromazine at the moment

nothing spectacular, just feeling all around good

this thread was actually what gave me the idea

il ragno
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
So what is this stuff?

Ahknaton
02-15-2007, 10:57 AM
this thread was actually what gave me the idea
Be careful now kids. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

Dr. Gutberlet
02-15-2007, 02:12 PM
So what is this stuff?

Yes, do tell. Sounds pretty nice.

VAMPIR
02-15-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm having an absolutely wonderful experience right now. 236mg DXM, 250mg tramadol and one bowl of cannabis. Everythinmg is numb.
I ussually do just cannabis... Now I understand why you like Pink Floyd so much :D

OVERWATCH
02-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Aule
02-15-2007, 05:14 PM
So what is this stuff?

Dextromethorphan hydrobromide. Its the active ingredient in Robotussin cough syrup and Vicks formula 44.

EDIT: I read up about this drug extensively before trying it. DXM can be dangerous if combined with other cough supressants/decongestants - you may not even like the trip at all.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/

Aule
02-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Drugs are bad, m'kay?

LOL yes, you're right of course. Looking back now it was stupid of me not to put a disclaimer at the beginning of this thread, but I was too fucked up at the time to think about it.

As with any drug, please, be responsible. Do your homework and never EVER drive or operate heavey machinery under the influence of ANY psychedelic. Use common sense, kids.

kultron
02-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Ah, the feelings of euphoria associated with DXM+THC. Enjoy it well it's one of the best there is.

Dr. Gutberlet
02-15-2007, 06:26 PM
I've read a lot today on DXM(the FAQs, etc), and will be seeking some cough medicine for the weekend. Perhaps caplets instead of syrup. Any other info to share?

Mackie
02-15-2007, 06:29 PM
just have a couple of beers instead, damnit.

sugartits
02-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Guzzling down cough syrup to get high is right weird and damn trashy. unfortunately.

tastes awful, but it works.

Aule
02-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Guzzling down cough syrup to get high is right weird and damn trashy. unfortunately.

tastes awful, but it works.

Yep, classy. ;) This will be my last run for another month or so. 472mg DXM, 250mg tramadol, and one bowl of cannabis.

Helios Panoptes
02-16-2007, 02:07 AM
I smoked 40 mg of DMT 30 minutes ago. Smoked DMT sends me into orbit so fast that it's scary. There is no ascent. I go from baseline right to peak and that peak is higher than with anything else. It is 4 minutes of complete madness.

OVERWATCH
02-16-2007, 02:07 AM
The best high that I ever had was getting shot with a healthy dose of morphine right into the vein, in the emergency room due to renal colic (kidney stone).

Nothing like going from a pain so intense and unrelenting that it makes you want to do anything, including dying, to stop it - from that extreme, to the ultimate la la land. Like being shot from the bowels of burning hell, to the heights of heaven, in a couple of seconds.

I don't care for psychedelics.

Aule
02-16-2007, 02:59 AM
I'm so big right now everything is so short.

Hund
02-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I smoked 40 mg of DMT 30 minutes ago. Smoked DMT sends me into orbit so fast that it's scary. There is no ascent. I go from baseline right to peak and that peak is higher than with anything else. It is 4 minutes of complete madness.

You are talking about the thing that typically allows people to see elves, right? Could you elaborate on your experience? I am intensely interested in this.

Geist
02-16-2007, 05:03 PM
The effort involved with DXM is beyond me. Measuring things, and buying cough syrup, bah! There was a time when this was an actual plan of mine, but these days I could not be bothered.

Dr. Gutberlet
02-16-2007, 05:16 PM
I wonder how many people have accidentally bought and used Robitussin DM and were either hospitalized or died.

Jake Featherston
02-18-2007, 03:16 PM
I wonder how many people have accidentally bought and used Robitussin DM and were either hospitalized or died.

Good point. I wouldn't mind trying this, but I'd like to have some friggin' idea what I'm doing, not just buy a bottle of Robitussin and start chugging. That could be problematic. While I may have been complaining about my life being dull in another thread, I'd just as soon it not end any time too soon, all the same. So, does anyone have any information about how best to go about figuring out the dosage that is appropriate for DXM? And how dangerous is it supposed to be? Is there a reliable link on the subject?

Mike
02-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Drinking cough syrup to get high. My, how Glamorous. Am I the only person here who finds this thread irresponsible and reprehensible? There are young people who read and post on the Phora.

WFHermans
02-18-2007, 04:29 PM
The worst effect of DXM is that afterwards Aule removed his Syd Barrett avatar. :(

Furor Teutonicus
02-18-2007, 05:42 PM
I am not a drug user and am totally against drugs, but on New Year's Eve I drank quite a bit of cough medicine to just test out the effect of dxm and it was okay at first, but when I was trying to sleep I began to have panic attacks.

Kriger
02-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Drinking cough syrup to get high. My, how Glamorous. Am I the only person here who finds this thread irresponsible and reprehensible? There are young people who read and post on the Phora.

Unfortunately, the children already know far more about these things than you or I do.

Leshrac
02-18-2007, 08:01 PM

Mind you that if you were really on dxm, above stage 2, you wouldn't be able to write and post.

The dose you took was nullified by tramadol and cannabis just blurred the line.

DXM dosage per 10kg is 70mg.

Aule
02-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Mind you that if you were really on dxm, above stage 2, you wouldn't be able to write and post.

The dose you took was nullified by tramadol and cannabis just blurred the line.

Really? I figured that an opioid like tramadol would augment, not nullify the effects of DXM. That would explain why even on 472mg I still didn't experience any hallucinations. I was at least expecting some CEV's. Instead it put me into a paranoid stupor and I pretty much laid in bed all night staring at the ceiling.

Aule
02-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Good point. I wouldn't mind trying this, but I'd like to have some friggin' idea what I'm doing, not just buy a bottle of Robitussin and start chugging. That could be problematic. While I may have been complaining about my life being dull in another thread, I'd just as soon it not end any time too soon, all the same. So, does anyone have any information about how best to go about figuring out the dosage that is appropriate for DXM? And how dangerous is it supposed to be? Is there a reliable link on the subject?

You can read up on it here:

Jake Featherston
02-19-2007, 05:56 AM
You can read up on it here:

Thanx. That site provided me with info which makes me feel confident I can try out DMX in a reasonably safe and reliable manner (and that's pretty much all I need), so I'll probably check it out within the next week or so. In any event, I will report back on my experiences.

maxsnafu
02-19-2007, 03:05 PM
If your gonna swill cough syrup stick with Tussionex.

Jake Featherston
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
OK, last night I purchased a bottle of Vick's Formula 44 Cough Relief, with only one active ingredient: Dextromethorphan HBr

It is a 118 ml bottle containing 30 mg of DXM per 15 ml, which to say approximately 240 mls of DXM.

I'm a little concened that may be too small a dose, especially for a big guy like me (6'2", approx. 300 lbs.)

I'd like to score some weed first, which I'll probably do tonight, which means I'll probably take it the following evening (since I usually do a little drinking when I score some herb, and I don't want to dose on DXM with alcohol in my system).

Any thoughts/suggestions?

sugartits
04-26-2007, 10:43 AM
mix it with some 7up.

Jake Featherston
04-26-2007, 10:46 AM
mix it with some 7up.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanx.

Gaellaoch Christo'kos
04-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Only weak fools do drugs. But, simultaneously, only gullible fools try to use cough syrup to actually fix a cough. So it balances.

sugartits
04-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Only weak fools do drugs. But, simultaneously, only gullible fools try to use cough syrup to actually fix a cough. So it balances.

that makes no truth whatsoever

sugartits
04-26-2007, 06:53 PM
That sounds like a good idea. Thanx.

Hey let us know if you kept it down.

Autoreduction
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Speaking of "classy" drugs, I done nutmeg a couple of times. Save for the awfull taste and the fact that it takes 7 hours to kick it was a rather interesting trip. I had an aura of smoke and was able to use my hand as a magnifying glass among other things.

Greenberg
04-26-2007, 11:16 PM
If I was aware of DXM in high school I probably would have tried it. I really enjoy mushrooms or acid once in a while. I'm also trying to acquire some reasonably priced E which isn't some bullshit "doublestacked and laced with mescaline and coke dude".

Jake Featherston
04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Speaking of "classy" drugs, I done nutmeg a couple of times. Save for the awfull taste and the fact that it takes 7 hours to kick it was a rather interesting trip. I had an aura of smoke and was able to use my hand as a magnifying glass among other things.

I read about nutmeg in a book I own called Legal Highs. It sounds fun, but apparently there's some serious health-related issues. Like maybe you can die, as I recall.

Jake Featherston
04-27-2007, 09:22 AM
If I was aware of DXM in high school I probably would have tried it. I really enjoy mushrooms or acid once in a while. I'm also trying to acquire some reasonably priced E which isn't some bullshit "doublestacked and laced with mescaline and coke dude".

I lost my virginity on a mild does of Ecstasy back in '89, but haven't done it since. I'd like to, however.

Jake Featherston
04-27-2007, 09:24 AM
By the way, I'm drinking my approximately 240 mgs. of DXM (mixed with Cherry Coke; I didn't want to make a special trip for 7-Up or ginger ale) as I type this. We'll see....

Jake Featherston
04-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Well, I got very slightly buzzed, and that was about all. I felt just a little fuzzy. Total disappointment.

Greenberg
04-27-2007, 07:01 PM
240 mgs is a low dose from what I hear from other people. You mentioned you were big so maybe take 400-450mg?

Jake Featherston
04-28-2007, 10:59 AM
240 mgs is a low dose from what I hear from other people. You mentioned you were big so maybe take 400-450mg?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd concluded. I bought a bottle of DXM-laden cough syrup; it never really occurred to me I'd need more than one (although I could probably find a larger bottle at a drugstore).

Helios Panoptes
04-29-2007, 12:15 AM
DXM is the poor man's ketamine.