PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no anti-scandinavian hate?

delete
02-24-2007, 05:24 AM
It was actually a brit that pointed this out, on the some debate on 'comment is free'.

One reason could be that the nobility in Europe is decended form scandinavia, and an other one could be that they have not been seen as a threat.

When I was living in Berlin as an exchange student, I noticed that I got preferental treatment from people all over Europe, and it made me embarrased.

I just did a google search for "anti-scandinavian" and got 367 hits, the first ones was against the scandinavian opening in chess.

"anti-scandinavianism" got 11 hits.

Vasily Zaitsev
02-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Inexpensive, well-designed furniture heals all wounds.

ActionAlert
02-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Inexpensive, well-designed furniture heals all wounds.
Your avatar and quote and flag are disgusting. Germany under the yoke of communism is the sickest disease of the twentieth century. I spit on your yellow commie flag!

Sulla the Dictator
02-24-2007, 06:05 AM
It was actually a brit that pointed this out, on the some debate on 'comment is free'.

One reason could be that the nobility in Europe is decended form scandinavia, and an other one could be that they have not been seen as a threat.

Or it could be that there are very few Scandinavians, either in Europe or in the world generally.

Hartmann von Aue
02-24-2007, 06:05 AM
I have a strong aversion to most scandinavians.

Count Sudoku
02-24-2007, 06:07 AM
There is anti-Scandanavia hate. It comes from the Third World minorities those idiots happily import into their countries.

Vasily Zaitsev
02-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Your avatar and quote and flag are disgusting. Germany under the yoke of communism is the sickest disease of the twentieth century. I spit on your yellow commie flag!

I might start taking your opinions on Germany seriously when you correct the German in your user title and location.

And, yeah, make sure to use a non-abraisive cloth when wiping the spit off of your monitor.

delete
02-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Or it could be that there are very few Scandinavians, either in Europe or in the world generally.

This is obviously one of the reasons.

But is does not explain the preferental treatment.

Scandinavians have been prefered immigrants in a multitude of countries around the world, even yours.

One of the reasons here is that they are used to working long hours, but other l traits could also play its part.

ActionAlert
02-24-2007, 06:59 AM
I might start taking your opinions on Germany seriously when you correct the German in your user title and location.

And, yeah, make sure to use a non-abraisive cloth when wiping the spit off of your monitor.
Take them how you like. I certainly can't take someone seriously who thinks the DDR were really nifty. Germans were sent to siberian death camps after the war.
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/model-commies-LE375.jpg

Sulla the Dictator
02-24-2007, 07:00 AM
This is obviously one of the reasons.

But is does not explain the preferental treatment.

What preferential treatment?

Scandinavians have been prefered immigrants in a multitude of countries around the world, even yours.

Because they're small in number, and where you're from the people who tend to leave are well trained professionals in search of more money, rather than lower class peoples. You coddle your underclass.

One of the reasons here is that they are used to working long hours, but other l traits could also play its part.

Yeah, that they're trained professionals rather than unskilled laborers. Which, again, is due to their small numbers.

Sulla the Dictator
02-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Take them how you like. I certainly can't take someone seriously who thinks the DDR were really nifty. Germans were sent to siberian death camps after the war.

LOL I don't understand how any Nazi can object to the DDR. Little enough difference, from my POV. DDR killed fewer people, I suppose. Is that it? The DDR didn't massacre enough innocents?

ActionAlert
02-24-2007, 07:10 AM
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/shirtsquare-lousy.jpg

Sulla the Dictator
02-24-2007, 07:11 AM
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/shirtsquare-lousy.jpg

It sure did. Communism sucks. But the DDR didn't kill 100 million people. Did it?

ActionAlert
02-24-2007, 07:17 AM
It sure did. Communism sucks. But the DDR didn't kill 100 million people. Did it?
Part of the ideology that did. There are plenty of horror stories behing the Iron curtain. Whole cultures of people no longer exist.

Sulla the Dictator
02-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Part of the ideology that did. There are plenty of horror stories behing the Iron curtain. Whole cultures of people no longer exist.

I already told you that Communism is terrible. But the DDR didn't comit a tenth of Nazi Germany's crimes. I guess, if you need to, you can blame the DDR for what Mao did. But unless you do, the math doesn't work out.

Rakhmetov
02-24-2007, 08:41 AM
The Finnish despise their former Swedish imperialist masters. The Swedish colonists dominated life in Suomi and insolently perceived the Finns to be Asiatic. Those parasitical Swedes today are trying systematically to undermine the Suomi identity with their disruptive, fascistic political activism which has forced that hideous Swedish language to be learned by all Finns. The Swedish colonists should be promptly expelled.

Away with mandatory Swedish:
http://onet.tehonetti.fi/suomalaisuudenliitto/onet/vanhatsivut/pois.jpg

Steppenwolf
02-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Scandinavians are typically handsome and intelligent.

Draco
02-24-2007, 01:01 PM
They are suicidal on an ethnic level, the only thing keeping most from being full blown drunks are the insane taxes levied on booze, the Finns are traitors and Germany should have left them to be raped and destroyed by the USSR in retrospect, and come to think of it, they have insane taxes on everything, they eat rotting garbage and make shitty furniture always missing a dowel pin or washer.

Well, I tried.

il ragno
02-24-2007, 01:13 PM
The real problem is, after squarehead, fjord-nigger and stupid Scandinavian fuck, there isn't a storehouse of truly memorable ethnic slurs defaming the sons of Odin.

There should be, though. Any racial strain that can keep churning out these sorts of Thalidomide children into the world

http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics5/bm2/bm3.jpg http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics5/bm2/bm5.jpg
deserves a measure of well-thought-out and deeply hurtful scorn.

Hartmann von Aue
02-24-2007, 01:39 PM
The Swedes selected one of Napoleon's marshalls, Bernadotte, to be King.

There is some reason to believe he was of Jewish descent. (http://www.chivalricorders.org/nobility/nobjews.htm)

ActionAlert
02-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I already told you that Communism is terrible. But the DDR didn't comit a tenth of Nazi Germany's crimes. I guess, if you need to, you can blame the DDR for what Mao did. But unless you do, the math doesn't work out.
Hitler was trying to prevent a communist Germany. Many Soldaten lost their lives defending the Fatherland from these ideological misfits and nation wreckers. The USA sided with the nation wreckers and now we have them all over us as well. East Germany was driven into a dark night. I don't care who Hitler killed. He fought a noble cause.
He sat in a room
in a square of the color of blood.
He'd rule the whole world
if there was a way that he could.
He'd sit and he'd stare
at the minreds on top of the towers.
For he was a beast
as he hatched his new plans to gain power.

And the snow fell
covering the dreams and ideals.
And the snow fell
freezing the blood and the wheels.
And the snow fell
they had to keep up for survival.
And the snow fell
defeating the beast's only rival.

They took the old roads
that Napoleon had taken before.
They fought as a force as a light
against the darkness in a holy war.
One day they were looking around
and the sun was shining on the cold flowers.
The next day they were freezing to death
in the sleet and the ice cold showers.

Then came the deadly roads
back from the stairs of their retreat.
The cold racked their bodies
but worse was the pain of defeat.
Many people who had hailed them once
now turned and looked away.
These people now knew
that the beast was on it's way.

You finally came back
to the borders of your fatherland.
Now enemies came
traitors everywhere at hand.
Many people who had fought and died
knowing that they had to win.
It still sickens my heart
to see the picture of the red flag in Berlin.

Kodos
02-24-2007, 08:56 PM

When I was living in Berlin as an exchange student, I noticed that I got preferental treatment from people all over Europe, and it made me embarrased.

I just did a google search for "anti-scandinavian" and got 367 hits, the first ones was against the scandinavian opening in chess.

"anti-scandinavianism" got 11 hits.

I don't like Swedes... the women are good looking, then they open their mouth...

Very stupid liberals most of em...

Kodos
02-24-2007, 09:00 PM
They are suicidal on an ethnic level, the only thing keeping most from being full blown drunks are the insane taxes levied on booze, the Finns are traitors and Germany should have left them to be raped and destroyed by the USSR in retrospect, and come to think of it, they have insane taxes on everything, they eat rotting garbage and make shitty furniture always missing a dowel pin or washer.

Well, I tried.

The Finns are the good non suicidal Scandanavians.

Why should Finland have gone down in a futile attempt to save a doomed Reich that Mannerheim as a true good reactionary despised.

Draco you are a decent poster for the most part but you have a very weird romantic spot for the 3rd Reich... the 3rd Reich was merely a lesser evil then communism IF you weren't born into some arbitrary untermensch group. Its unfortunate Germany didn't have a real right wing Prussian military regime. Are the Long Island jews that big of assholes?

Dr. Gutberlet
02-24-2007, 09:31 PM
we are degenerates, race-mixers, and homosexuals who will be ruled under the crescent moon!:viking:

Dr. Gutberlet
02-24-2007, 09:32 PM
The Finnish despise their former Swedish imperialist masters. The Swedish colonists dominated life in Suomi and insolently perceived the Finns to be Asiatic. Those parasitical Swedes today are trying systematically to undermine the Suomi identity with their disruptive, fascistic political activism which has forced that hideous Swedish language to be learned by all Finns. The Swedish colonists should be promptly expelled.

Away with mandatory Swedish:
http://onet.tehonetti.fi/suomalaisuudenliitto/onet/vanhatsivut/pois.jpg

ROFL! Western Finland will always speak Svenska!

Dr. Gutberlet
02-24-2007, 09:35 PM
http://macdesktops.com/images/1280x854/BHswedishChef1280x854.jpg

Rakhmetov
02-25-2007, 02:49 AM

Suomalaiset are not Scandinavians. They are transplanted Uralic peoples who've been historically dominated by the Swedish.

Carlos Danger
02-25-2007, 05:18 AM
The point has been made that there aren't many Scandinavians around, and those that do leave their countries tend to be prosperous and well-educated

There was more "anti-scandinavianism" before WWII, when the region was poor and emigration high

Draco
02-25-2007, 03:22 PM

Why should Finland have gone down in a futile attempt to save a doomed Reich that Mannerheim as a true good reactionary despised.

Draco you are a decent poster for the most part but you have a very weird romantic spot for the 3rd Reich... the 3rd Reich was merely a lesser evil then communism IF you weren't born into some arbitrary untermensch group. Its unfortunate Germany didn't have a real right wing Prussian military regime. Are the Long Island jews that big of assholes?

Read accounts of German soldiers who fought for Finlands freedom under Germany, and then in Sept. of 1944 after the Finns decided to support the Soviets got to see their friends shot in the back during a forced expulsion from the country. Keep in mind the Finns got back the land they lost in the Winter War only because of German help.

I recommend reading Black Edelweiss for how the Finnish treason screwed soldiers (not just German) who had resisted the Red Army in the freezing cold.

Mike
02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Damn you, Ragno! I'll never be able to watch a documentary on Scandinavia or the Vikings again without involuntarily grinning over the term "fjord niggers".

The real problem is, after squarehead, fjord-nigger and stupid Scandinavian fuck, there isn't a storehouse of truly memorable ethnic slurs defaming the sons of Odin.

Mike
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
BTW, in the northern prairie states, while there exists nothing that can be called "anti-scandanavian hate", the traditional butt of the ethnic joke tends to be the Norwegian, whereas the Polack is standard in other parts of the USA.

I should add for those unaware of how ethnic jokes work in the USA that, at least in modern times, jokes against White national groups are definitely considered low brow, but usually not considered to be intended as serious indictments of the national group. The stupid Norwegian and stupid Polack are not really stereotypical images of their nationalities, but rather time-honored protagonists employed to move the joke along. You can usually tell these jokes to anyone, including Norwegians and Poles (except perhaps those right off the boat, who might not get it). Irish and Italians usually have the same thick skin, though some discretion is probably wise, as the former are often drunk and the latter are often hot blooded (notice the ethnic joking while talking about ethnic jokes).

On the other hand the jokes against niggers, spics, and kikes do invoke functioning stereotypes and thus some care has to be taken depending on the company. These races tend to be humorless; also, White liberals will definitely frown or whine in indignation.

This advice is brought to our European friends in case they ever come to visit America.

Damn you, Ragno! I'll never be able to watch a documentary on Scandinavia or the Vikings again without involuntarily grinning over the term "fjord niggers".

Keystone
02-25-2007, 09:21 PM
BTW, in the northern prairie states, while there exists nothing that can be called "anti-scandanavian hate", the traditional butt of the ethnic joke tends to be the Norwegian, whereas the Polack is standard in other parts of the USA.

I should add for those unaware of how ethnic jokes work in the USA that, at least in modern times, jokes against White national groups are definitely considered low brow, but usually not considered to be intended as serious indictments of the national group. The stupid Norwegian and stupid Polack are not really stereotypical images of their nationalities, but rather time-honored protagonists employed to move the joke along. You can usually tell these jokes to anyone, including Norwegians and Poles (except perhaps those right off the boat, who might not get it). Irish and Italians usually have the same thick skin, though some discretion is probably wise, as the former are often drunk and the latter are often hot blooded (notice the ethnic joking while talking about ethnic jokes).
Very few of the Italians I grew up with liked Mafia jokes, the Poles would laugh at "Polack" jokes and the "hunkies"...Croats, Serbs, Slovaks, etc...actually called themselves hunkies. The latter intermarried with us Germanics so much, it didn't matter.

Negros are absolutely humorless when it comes to ethnic jokes going their way.

There have been more than a few Jews I've known who laugh at Jew jokes, because they didn't want to be in the tribe anymore and had assimilated.

Vasily Zaitsev
02-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Negros are absolutely humorless when it comes to ethnic jokes going their way.

Your mileage will vary on a case to case basis, obviously, but I think much of this has to do with your level of familiarity with a particular black person.

I regularly make racially tinged jokes with my black coworkers and none of them take offense. They give as good as they get.

Keystone
02-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Your mileage wil vary on a case to case basis, obviously, but I think much of this has to do with your level of familiarity with a particular black person.

I regularly make racially tinged jokes with my black coworkers and none of them take offense. They give as good as they get.
Ya, it does vary. Since I was thrown in with them my first year of high school in '74, I've known very few who've taken racial jokes in a good-natured way. The Navy was the exception. We fucked around constantly about race, but we were all in the same boat, so to speak.

Our experiences will vary with time and place, sure.

Carlos Danger
02-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Are there a lot of black folks in the US Navy?

Keystone
02-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Are there a lot of black folks in the US Navy?
There used to be, yes. The vast majority of them did a good job. The black CPO's were by and large good leaders.

Kodos
02-26-2007, 03:22 AM
Read accounts of German soldiers who fought for Finlands freedom under Germany, and then in Sept. of 1944 after the Finns decided to support the Soviets got to see their friends shot in the back during a forced expulsion from the country. Keep in mind the Finns got back the land they lost in the Winter War only because of German help.

1. If not for the Nazi Soviet pact the original attack on Finland wouldn't have happened.

2. Not turning on the Germans would have subjected them to Soviet occupation.