The Phora  

Go Back   The Phora > The Pub > The Lounge
User Name
Password
Blog Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Lounge Easy and irreverent chat without losing composure.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Banned on Six continents!

Default First Principles

Quote:
First Principles: Ideas are the central force in human history, not matter, not modes of production, which are only the material upon and the means by which human ideals ie will operate in reality. Human need generates a will, which puts labor to work upon raw materials with capital, to produce wealth. Thus Men make tools; tools do not men.

Men band together by nature. Man is as Aristotle says, 'the political animal'. It is his nature to form combinations for the purpose of ensuring general survival of the kind. They do not choose to do so, it is just that each and every person is born into a group and from there becomes a member of other groups. In fact they simply form up into groups that have internal hierarchies. The result is that each lives better than he could if he lived alone against nature.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are meaningless 'rights' without, a corresponding right to livelihood, hearth and substance to thus ensure 'life' against the vicissitudes of reality. Thus the ideal is to ensure as general an ownership of land and/or ownership stakes in capital ventures by the masses which will provide the nation's labor, as may be achieved to ensure the meaningful application of the above 'rights' to human life and not incidentally a more generally diffusion of wealth thereby.

The People are the base upon which any system of governance is founded. They are both its foundation and its animating spirit. They give to it, life. Their collective world view is its world view, and in the end their consent is the permission it has to act. Hence the state's existence is predicated upon the continued support and input of those governed. The People are the polity.

The means to this general end is Law. Law is the will of the nation. Law is supreme within its domain, but should be limited to the least amount of domain that will keep general good order. Generally less laws equals more justice to the many and less legalism by the few.

No special law is valid, nor does any law that gives special advantage to one private party over another have ANY legal effect, ever.

Equality before the law, should mean ONLY that NO persons get special privileges at law and everyone gets a minimum standard of treatment before magistrates. Nothing else at all. It does not mean that all people are equally able, nor equally desirable, nor that any PRIVATE person must treat them as such. Nor should it ever be taken to mean that any legal being is equal to a living man.

Any act contrary to law by any governmental agent or employee is tyranny. All acts without power of Law are tyrannical at their inception. Any state official that acts without the positive sanction of law is a tyranny and may be resisted with force by all citizens, and any person that attempts to enforce tyranny by what ever means forfeits his life.

Tyranny is NEVER lawful nor just, all may kill a tyrant. No one is bound to the will of a tyrant. No law not enacted properly has effect.

As the tyrant so may criminals be stopped by any citizen with any amount of forced needed to protect the common good. No citizen is liable for a crime in stopping either.

Men make weapons to defend their interest in both their own things and in the general order about them as such: No law outlawing the keeping of private small arms is to have effect.

No Corporate Being is or can be a citizen, and thus NO such being has RIGHTS. This being cannot vote and cannot be called up to defend the polity so to give it equality with those that can and will is obscene. Corporations are creations of the state which is itself a creation of living men, who are created in the image of the living God. Corporate beings have ONLY privileges. Corporations must be loyal to the national interest. It simply makes no sense to allow enemies of the nation to function from within our country with our blessing and support.

Voting and Taxation/Call-up: These should be tied together in so much as those that do not pay in, nor risk life and limb, should not have a say in how monies are paid out, this is just. These are the two primary duties.

Duty and Right: These in union with justice are the foundation of all good human ordering and just such ordering is the basis for human society. Rights without Duties to keep their exercise within decent bounds brings chaos and anarchy, with all the waste attendant there upon. But on the other side of the coin duty without rights is merely slavery with flowery terms attached to the matter, a form of serfdom if you will.

All Rights carry with themselves a Duty to exercise them in a manner that is just and morally defensible. No person that does not accept duty can have legal right at any time. Thus no person that rejects duty can act in a manner which is morally defensible and just. And as such the state and its citizens have no reason to act as such toward them.

This is part of an essay I have been working on for a time. It is what it is.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 AM
hydrophobic xeriscapist

Is this an outline, then? Not bad, but a little hyperbolic for my taste re the 'tyrants' sentences and couple of others; just an opinion, worth exactly what you've paid me for it.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyT.
Is this an outline, then? Not bad, but a little hyperbolic for my taste re the 'tyrants' sentences and couple of others; just an opinion, worth exactly what you've paid me for it.
Yes it is sort of an outline, or more like an idea that has not fully formed. I do like my hyperbole, this cannot be denied. Any suggested rewordings?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 PM
hydrophobic xeriscapist

Without knowing where you're going with the outline yet, no real suggestions.

I can't read about 'tyrants' because of an old comedy movie I saw once,Support Your Local Sheriff, where one of the female characters was prone to shouting 'Death to all tyrants!!!' a lot, hence I tend to snicker when I see it. Has nothing to do with your statements, of course, just a personal quirk.

It's going to be a long essay, apparently. Is it for a blog or something?
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyT.
Without knowing where you're going with the outline yet, no real suggestions.

I can't read about 'tyrants' because of an old comedy movie I saw once,Support Your Local Sheriff, where one of the female characters was prone to shouting 'Death to all tyrants!!!' a lot, hence I tend to snicker when I see it. Has nothing to do with your statements, of course, just a personal quirk.

It's going to be a long essay, apparently. Is it for a blog or something?

I myself has no clue where I am going, so,I will let you in when I get the details. I just get bored and type nonsense up, by the hand fulls.

Quote:
Food as a means of social control.

Food is the oldest means employed in civilized societies by the few to ensure control over the many, excepting perhaps main violence, but then without main violence who would allow another to control thier food; except maybe modern Americans?

In the early river civilizations we see a small elite of nobles and priest taking control of the storage, planting and distribution of the food wealth that allowed these societies to grow in population and specialization. Money is to a large extent symbolic food. Food the one good and service that must be bought, sold, and made for live to continue: Food must be had! Money on the other hand is an illusion as the picture of the stranded man with gold that he cannot eat so viviidly shows those of us that are paying attention. A pocket knife is worth more in a survival situtation than all the gold in the world, and food has NO monetray value in a survival situation: NONE!

So here we are in the tweenty-first century back to the river civilization, and allowing others to control our food resources. How long before this becomes a millstone, I wonder? How wise is it to allow those--that is the group of inbreed and intertwined corporations and banks that essentially OWN the USA-- that have already off-shored your jobs, and laiden you with debt, to control your food portions? Am I foolish in thinking that Wal-Mart is not here for the average American in its heart of hearts? I think not.

This being said one form of revolt would be to relearn how to provide for the pot for ourselves. I am thinking that having some potatoes in the window could be not only economic, but political, given that every dollar that corporations do not have is a dollar they cannot use politically against the commonality. It seems so simple: Grow a few pots and containers of food, and save money, and gain some minor amount of food security--this is as far most folks need to take the logic of the matter.

I myself have: Potatoes, tomatoes, pole beans, bush beans, sweet peas, bell peppers, onions, and garlics, all going in pots and getting ready to go out after the 21st of March. Of these the potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, beans, onions, and garlic are their own seed stock, meaning you can use the seeds in them as stock or in the case of the bulbs/tubbers plant them whole as seed. It is very easy to do, all you need is any plastic containers, some sort of soil,and water;fertillizers help. Place pots in southward facing window. That is the basics of getting started. Beans are so easy to grow any idiot can grow enough to feed himself, same with potatoes, and tomatoes. In fact if you have potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and garlic you will not starve and will survive decently; and you can have all of these for little effort and save money to boot.

At any rate, I do hope that some of you decide to take your food seriously, as FOOD is paramount.
See I just cannot stop myself!

Blog? No I just post random blurbs here and there...mental itch you understand.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Established member

I don't mind hyperbole as tyrants are wont to push the limits of credulity beyond all reason. Self aggrandizement knows no bounds. The tyranny of those who are preparing for ascension has been responsible for such works as the pyramids and the space program. When they say our destiny is to inhabit the galaxy they don't mean everyone. It is the work of everyone to see to it that the self chosen ascend to their rightful place in heaven.

Anti-racism doesn't exist, but pernicious trolobites are ubiquitous.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapliers
I don't mind hyperbole as tyrants are wont to push the limits of credulity beyond all reason. Self aggrandizement knows no bounds. The tyranny of those who are preparing for ascension has been responsible for such works as the pyramids and the space program. When they say our destiny is to inhabit the galaxy they don't mean everyone. It is the work of everyone to see to it that the self chosen ascend to their rightful place in heaven.

Both funny and true: Noting under the sun is new.