The Phora  

Go Back   The Phora > International Forums > The Phora - Ireland
User Name
Password
Blog Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Phora - Ireland Forum for Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Tilting at windmills

Default Attention - Irish home owners

If you are a home owner, have you registered and paid the property tax?
I haven't nor do I intend to this side of hell freezing over. If we all (over 50%) stand together, we can win and maybe even bring down this abysmal "government" (read: bailifs for Goldman Sachs)
In any case we clearly see, and on this there is general agreement, that some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class: for the ancient workingmen's guilds were abolished in the last century, and no other protective organization took their place. Public institutions and the laws set aside the ancient religion. Hence, by degrees it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition. The mischief has been increased by rapacious usury, which, although more than once condemned by the Church, is nevertheless, under a different guise, but with like injustice, still practiced by covetous and grasping men.
Pope Leo XIII - Rerum Novarum
Old 04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Back off, man...I'm a scientist

I'm not a homeowner. The majority of my extended family have not paid this. The worst the government can do is select a few token victims and put them through the ropes in an attempt to intimidate the rest. This will only antagonise in the current climate. Alot of people who wouldn't dream of obstruction just a few months ago are in a state of acute discontent over this.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM
hUhLod8pDhU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty
If you are a home owner, have you registered and paid the property tax?
I haven't nor do I intend to this side of hell freezing over. If we all (over 50%) stand together, we can win and maybe even bring down this abysmal "government" (read: bailifs for Goldman Sachs)

I like the fact the Irish are refusing to cooperate with these gangsters and their 'fresh air' taxes. This new Irish poll tax is nothing like the UK's (yet). However for sure the Uk's poll tax will be the model for this new slave tax.

Quote:
Barring an unlikely late surge in payments, the Irish coalition faces the embarrassing prospect of more than 50 per cent of all homeowners boycotting the levy and some in Ireland are already likening the charge to Margaret Thatcher’s ill-fated Poll Tax, thought to have been her and the Conservative party’s undoing in the UK. Every homeowner in Ireland is liable to pay the tax once a year, with landlords to pay the charge on rented properties. The flat rate of €100 (84) is temporary – a new tax based on site value is due to be introduced next year.

It was introduced after the collapse of the Irish economy and the €85bn European Union-International Monetary Fund bailout and will become the first tax on domestic property since rates were scrapped in Ireland in 1997.

Speaking to the Dail – Ireland’s parliament – on Thursday, minister for public expenditure and reform Brendan Howlin called on all homeowners to pay up.

“This is part of the survival strategy,” he said. Mr Howlin earlier described the charge, which was expected to raise around €160bn, as “a fair and just imposition on the people”.

Cathy Comerford, a self-employed mother of one from Carlow, south-west of Dublin, has seen her income fall by more than a quarter since 2008. She said the charge was “inequitable” and “not looking at people’s ability to pay”.

“It’s a totally unfair tax and the straw that broke the camel’s back. We’re saying No, we won’t pay.”

Many politicians on Ireland’s opposition benches support the campaign against the charge. The United Left Alliance, which has five seats in the Dail, has called for a boycott. Having sat on the sidelines until last week, Sinn Fein are also supporting the boycott.

Independent Roscommon/South Leitrim TD Luke Flanagan has led a series of public meetings opposing the charge.

“Young people are turning up which you rarely see at a public meeting, along with the very old, but so too are people with wealth dripping off them,” he said.

“It seems to be less about the ability to pay and more about putting down a marker to say to this government, go out to Europe and fight that bit harder and get a massive amount of debt that is not ours taken away from us.”

http://www.scotsman.com/news/ireland...cott-1-2207184
Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Tilting at windmills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz
I like the fact the Irish are refusing to cooperate with these gangsters and their 'fresh air' taxes. This new Irish poll tax is nothing like the UK's (yet). However for sure the Uk's poll tax will be the model for this new slave tax.
Can you believe, these idiots expect us to come forward to register and give them money, yet there has been no official notification of this whatsoever, ot so much as a leaflet through the door.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 PM
hUhLod8pDhU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Fawlty
Can you believe, these idiots expect us to come forward to register and give them money, yet there has been no official notification of this whatsoever, ot so much as a leaflet through the door.

If you don't pay your lords and masters their taxes. Then they will steal your property and jail you. So you don't have a whole lot of choice. The average community charge in the UK is around 1,400 a year. However it's set on a rising scale.

Sadly the Irish people have been defrauded and Ireland's now a few hundred billion in the red. Thanks to your corrupt political class and criminal bankers. So they where always going to go down this route.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Tilting at windmills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz
If you don't pay your lords and masters their taxes. Then they will steal your property and jail you. So you don't have a whole lot of choice.
That's over half the country. Hopefully this will bring down the government. There are also constitutional problems with this which they won't want tested in court.
Quote:
The average community charge in the UK is around 1,400 a year. However it's set on a rising scale.
That's an appalling rip-off.
Quote:
Sadly the Irish people have been defrauded and Ireland's now a few hundred billion in the red. Thanks to your corrupt political class and criminal bankers. So they where always going to go down this route.
Yes, as I said, they are nothing more than bailiffs for Goldman Sachs. I hope we can bury them sooner rather than later.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 AM
...old bones that crawl...

Americans used to have the balls for this sort of action (and in fairness, if Obama suddenly imposed some new, ad hoc property tax in order to pay off the banksters, I'm not sure American homeowners wouldn't revolt as well).

In any event, stand firm men. Give 'em Hell!

If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong though. It's Hambone. --Jack Handey
Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 AM
hydrophobic xeriscapist

I know squat about tax systems in Europe.

Do Euros have local school districts? How are those financed locally? Utilities, roads, that sort of thing? The property tax is a old feature of state and local governments here in the U.S., as there is no Federal property tax, for any of these services.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 AM
hUhLod8pDhU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyT.
I know squat about tax systems in Europe.

Do Euros have local school districts? How are those financed locally? Utilities, roads, that sort of thing? The property tax is a old feature of state and local governments here in the U.S., as there is no Federal property tax, for any of these services.

Taxes vary a great deal from state to state. However they are far higher than they are in the US. The cost of living is very high in Europe and Western Europe has really gone to shit.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 PM
No no. This will not do!

My wife's family in Co. Galway are doing the same thing. They don't know anyone who is going to pay.

Nignore Liste:

Afrocritical
AlienJew
GregHill