The Phora  

Go Back   The Phora > The Academy > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Blog Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Discuss topics that don't fit into any specific forum.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:43 AM
Economic Weberian

Default Idi Amin's Save Britain Fund

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4132547.stm

Quote:
In the telegram he wrote: "In the past months the people of Uganda have been following with sorrow the alarming economic crisis befalling on Britain.

"The sad fact is that it is the ordinary British citizen who is suffering most. I am today appealing to all the people of Uganda who have all along been traditional friends of the British people to come forward and help their former colonial masters."

Amin declared he had started a Save Britain Fund with 10,000 Ugandan Shillings (not as much as it sounds). A month later he declared the response from ordinary folk had been overwhelming.

Amin said Ugandans were willing to send food aid to Britain, even though this was not actually needed.

'Send planes'

He excitedly informed Whitehall: "Today, 21 January 1974, the people of Kigezi District donated one lorry load of vegetables and wheat.

"I am now requesting you to send an aircraft to collect this donation urgently before it goes bad. I hope you will react quickly so as not to discourage Ugandans from donating more."

Note the distinct spike in GDP since 1974. Clearly, the Save the British Fund accelerated the recovery of the UK's economy and put them on the fast track to success.

QUESTION: Where would the UK be today without the support of their Ugandan benefactors?

Death is a displaced name for a linguistic predicament.

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett, on the death of Macaulay Culkin's sister
This is just sad.

I'm sure the public will never find out if it was a mexican or not behind the wheel of death.

Free Online Journals
Old 05-24-2007, 03:03 AM
Member of Congress

God bless Idi. He was good man at heart.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Established member

Default "The Last King of Scotland"

he must rank as one of the most colourful mass murdering dictators Africa has ever seen or is likely to see.
A complete and utter nut case, as far as I can recall he awarded himself the Victoria Cross and loved Scottish bagpipe music.
His army had a kilted band which played pipeband music and marched like "rapppers"- God's honest truth one of the funniest things I ever saw.
A compelte raving nut case , funny if you didn't have anything to do with him but mad as get out.
He even offerred to fly to London to replace HRH Prince "Phil".

"I sometimes think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability." Wilde.
“Anticipation, I suppose, sometimes exceeds realization.” Amelia Earhart.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Bomv-6...eature=related

http://www.rafbombercommand.com/master_welcome.html

http://www.open2.net/oulecture2005/the_lecture.html

http://www.thephora.net/forum/showth...730#post294730
"You're a hard woman, Hannie Caulder."
Dougal: God, I've heard about those cults Ted. People dressing up in black and saying Our Lord's going to come back and save us all.
Ted: No, Dougal, that's us. That's Catholicism.
Dougal: Oh right.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Chinesium Alloy

His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al Hadji Dr. Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, King of Scotland, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular.

"Truly important and significant hypotheses will be found to have 'assumptions' that are wildly inaccurate descriptive representations of reality, and, in general, the more significant the theory, the more unrealistic the assumptions" - Milton Friedman

"My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened." - Michel de Montaigne

My thoughts on climate change: "The supreme function of statesmanship is to provide against preventable evils. In seeking to do so, it encounters obstacles which are deeply rooted in human nature. One is that by the very order of things such evils are not demonstrable until they have occurred: at each stage in their onset there is room for doubt and for dispute whether they be real or imaginary. By the same token, they attract little attention in comparison with current troubles, which are both indisputable and pressing: whence the besetting temptation of all politics to concern itself with the immediate present at the expense of the future. At all events, the discussion of future grave but, with effort now, avoidable evils is the most unpopular and at the same time the most necessary occupation for the politician. Those who knowingly shirk it deserve, and not infrequently receive, the curses of those who come after."
Old 05-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Pole of Inaccessibility

Clearly, Britain would be nowhere, just as clearly as is revealed Julius Nyerere's crypto-transsexuality upon hearing that if he were a woman Idi Amin would have liked to marry him.

The real question, however, is why there appears to exist no recordings of the Suicide Revolutionary Jazz Band.
"Rheticus, however, suspected that Osiander had prefaced it to the work; if he knew this for certain, he declared, he would rough up the fellow so violently that in the future he would mind his own business and not dare to aggravate astronomers anymore."
-Michael Maestlin
Old 05-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Economic Weberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldbloom
The real question, however, is why there appears to exist no recordings of the Suicide Revolutionary Jazz Band.

Jew lies. As jew of moloch leopoldbloom is well aware, at least one master recording of the Suicide Revolutionary Jazz Band exists, as it was used to provide the soundtrack to Idi Amin Dada: a Self Portrait.

Idi Amin was the Original Gangsta. Rappers foolishly try to accumulate large stocks of paper money. Idi Amin knew that true Gangsters print their own. Rather than piling up 'benjamins', the Conquerer of the British Empire became Benjamin in his own right.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:20 AM
Economic Weberian

Default "a Son's Eulogy" By Tshombe Jaffar Remo Amin

Assalam Alykum Wa Rahmat Ul Allah Wa Barakatu

On behalf of the Kakwa and Muslim Ummah, I wish to convey our gratitude to the Al Saud Royal Family for the Hospitality bestowed on the Dada Family through the past 26 years.

We are grateful for the honour-bestowed father when he was buried in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

To Our father’s credit, once he fell silent on the world stage for most of 24 years, he refocused his energy into understanding further his religion, Islam.

He donated Sadakat Al-Jariah towards Islamic causes; we would go on tours of the Holy sites in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, like Jebel-Noor.

We also climbed the mountain, which marked the beginning of the Hijrah.

We visited distant places like Badr, the site of the 1st battle.

We also went on extended tours of Madina.

We visited Mount Arafat the site of the final sermon and the surrounding areas of Mina and Muzdalifah.

Another highly enlightening experience which I had the privilege to witness & to which annually every one of the 1.5 Billion Muslims world wide seeks repentance as an obligation, was our father’s ritual of breaking fast at the Haram Alsharif in Makkah from the start to the finish, of our Holy Month of Ramadhan.

This ritual would be performed daily for either the 29 or 30 days in the Holy Month of Ramadhan. His level of dedication was that high! Our father embraced his Islamic religion totally.

I wish to emphasize key issues that were discussed but overlooked by key detractors over the years or what I term Preconceived Objectives. I would also like to correct that my father was more determined than angry. This fueled his focused determination to effect change by any means necessary:

1. The subversive elements in exile favored what they termed a protracted peoples struggle, involving acts of sabotage and political assassinations, at grassroots around the country, between 1971-1979, others favored engaging the Uganda Army in a sudden invasion e.g. 1972 and hoping that the disgruntled Ugandan population would rise up against the 2nd Republic; But they had failed to understand that Idi Amin’s humble upbringing and crowd pleasing style resonated with the teaming masses. This style stemmed from his gift of speech. He had the astonishing ability to lead a Nation due to his extraordinary fluency in at least a dozen indigenous African languages. His memory for words, for people and places never ceased to amaze his former KAR-CO Major Ian Grahamme. He spoke directly to the people in a language they understood. “The essence of good communication in today’s ICT generation is the ability to get your message across”. This factor is quite often ignored by his detractors, but it is the most indelible testament as to why he continues to resonate with the majority of the now revived underclass (Common Man) under this structural adjusted Society in the 21st century.

2. His militant stance as the De facto spokesman for the Non-Aligned third world countries did more to quicken his fall from Grace than the grave and protracted efforts of the Subversives.

3. The Western world powers also resented his keen interest in the (Still on going) Arab– Israeli Nationalist Conflict.

4. His keen interest in the twin problems of Caucasian supremacists in Southern Africa and the dire plight of African Americans, rubbed the western powers that be, the wrong way, with his Open and wholehearted support to various movements like the Nation of Islam, Black Panthers, SWAPO, ANC, ZANU and the PLO, both spiritually and Financially. So much so that as OAU Chairman at the time, he commanded centre stage when he dramatically held Fort at the UN Assembly, New York (USA) in 1976 and successfully managed to effect a UN Resolution likening Zionism with Racism and Apartheid. This was the watershed for the World Powers when they finally realized that they were not dealing with a Rustic Buffoon, but A Man on a Mission to effect genuine change - someone who was determined and seemingly intent on upsetting the Political Landscape and in turn set up his own Agenda.

5. To date, some still persist on feigning disbelief and perplexed mutterings of frustration, claiming Idi Amin Dada did not realize or understand what he had got himself into or the significance of the high political stakes he was playing at. However I believe and he did intimate in some way to me that he was supremely aware of the situation based on our very own Islamic ideology which focuses on a global perspective Vis-ŕ-vis our dichotomous arena of Dar el Harb and Dar el Salam. This unique perspective still holds strong amongst the now largest religion in the world with the Muslim Umma now standing an impressive 1.5 Billion and still the fastest growing religion in the world.

6. That Historic UN resolution stood the test of time 1976-1991 when it was finally overturned by an even shrewder Caucasian Supremacists advocate President Bush Sr. when he encapsulated his “New World Order” on the eve of “Desert Storm”.

Al marhum (The Late) was considered a true brother by the Al Saudi Family and Muslims in General and the most positive opinion of him was that, he was a courageous Muslim under the circumstances, that is why he was honored with the highest Islamic accolade when Funeral Prayers were offered in his name at our three holiest sites of Jerusalem, Madina and Makkah the day he passed away on 16th April 2003. Allah Yar Hamu Fil Janat In Sha Allah.

Overview:

Amonye (Father), in many ways, instilled in me the very same virtues of Independence, Racial Pride, Love of Culture & Pro Islamic plus an Indelible Afrocentric point of view.

Here was a man who had the wherewithal, the attitude, the spiritual belief and the courage plus the privilege and means (Opec Cartel Support) to re-affirm our heritage and fulfill our Rembi's Mystical Legacy by any means necessary!

“I surely believe and solemnly swear that, I, Ssalongo: Tshombe Jaffar Remo, will never suffer from an inferiority complex because my heritage has an absolutely solid and recorded history of affirmative action and that out and out stance of the Black Panthers that I have personally identified and taken as both my heritage and destiny."

"Amonye’s (Father's) underlining gift to Ugandans is our lack of an inferiority complex.

We completely shed that colonial mentality for good, picked ourselves up and counted ourselves amongst self-determinants of the world.

It is a shame that we are now back to square one laden with the very same issues that plagued our fore-fathers.

Al Hammadulillah he was given the honour and distinction of simultaneous salat al janazah/ Funeral Prayers in Makkah Al Mukaramah, Madina Al Munawarah & Masgid Al-Aqsa on 16th August 2003.

Sorrow does follow the loss of loved ones, but in Islam we are enjoined to say:

Ina Lillahi wa inah illayhi Raji-un Ssalongo: Jaffar Idi Amin

Last edited by Kim Jong Tha Illest : 05-29-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Economic Weberian

Ever a true friend of the struggling british peoples, Idi Amin offered the services of Uganda to end the troubles in northern ireland.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Pole of Inaccessibility

Idi Amin's dream mosque opens

BBC News

A huge mosque begun more than 30 years ago by the late Ugandan dictator Idi Amin has opened in the Ugandan capital.

The mosque is named after Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi who helped finance its construction when funds ran low.

As Libya's leader opened the mosque, which holds some 15,000 worshippers and dominates Kampala's skyline, a large crowd chanted "long live Gaddafi".

Amin, who lived in Saudi Arabia after he fled Uganda in 1979, dreamed of building Africa's largest mosque.

A number of other African leaders attended the ceremony, including the presidents of Somalia, Zanzibar and Djibouti.