The Phora  

Go Back   The Phora > The Academy > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Blog Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Discuss topics that don't fit into any specific forum.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 AM
之Swagg国またぐ

Question Do Women ever deserve to have been raped

To clarify, I don't mean "should women be raped as a punishment" or form of penance, but rather, is it ever a woman's fault that she is raped, or is it ever a woman's fault for enticing a man into the position where he feels he was 'led on', even if the court wouldn't see it that way? Could a woman ever be blamed for the actions of a rapist, if the rapist was led to believe a certain conclusion was forthcoming, only for it to be withdrawn? Or what if she's walking in a high skirt in a dark alley in a place like ,South Africa or Chicago for instance?

In other words, are the current definitions about rape correct? If so, why do you think? And if not, who has the correct idea on rape? Which religion, or ideological faction could lay claim to the solution to sexual violence?

"... One of contemporary Russia's most prominent conservative thinkers, Alexander Dugin, uses the terms "trans-human" and "post-human" to describe the development of European civilization, as he sees it. According to Dugin, the logic of liberalism presupposes the destruction of all collective identities, from the state and the nation to gender and humanity. Once gender has been dismantled, humanity will take a similar course: "If we do not apply the brakes just a little, we will hurtle on to the bitter end, until we're asked to baptise a chimaera, a bio-robot, a cyborg or to marry a fly to a human being."[2] Chairman of the State Duma foreign affairs committee Alexei Pushkov has assessed changes to the gender order in European countries "as an attempt to alter the very foundation of human civilization".[3]

http://www.eurozine.com/articles/201...iabova-en.html

Know Thy Enemy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr
[04:59]: Wodwos, you again have a fucking annoying avatar. Take that smirking Chinaman off.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Banned

Of course not, what a stupid pathetic question. The fact that you even thought of it, let alone posted such a question shows that you are a depraved degenerate lunatic
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 AM
之Swagg国またぐ

Quote:
Originally Posted by poitin
Of course not, what a stupid pathetic question. The fact that you even thought of it, let alone posted such a question shows that you are a depraved lunatic

You obviously didn't even read the question, if you think that. No one was advocating rape anywhere.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodwos
You obviously didn't even read the question, if you think that. No one was advocating rape anywhere.
Actually I did read it. What will be your reply to anyone that says yes?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:43 AM
之Swagg国またぐ

Quote:
Originally Posted by poitin
Actually I did read it. What will be your reply to anyone that says yes?

"Thanks for your opinion"?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Village Optimist

Quote:
is it ever a woman's fault that she is raped, or is it ever a woman's fault for enticing a man into the position where he feels he was 'led on', even if the court wouldn't see it that way? Could a woman ever be blamed for the actions of a rapist, if the rapist was led to believe a certain conclusion was forthcoming, only for it to be withdrawn?
If the green light was withdrawn before the act, then no, she's not to blame.
Quote:
Or what if she's walking in a high skirt in a dark alley in a place like ,South Africa for Chicago for instance?
That's extremely foolish, but it doesn't mean she "deserves" to be raped, any more than a gullible person "deserves" to be scammed out of their money. That's how sociopaths think.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Like de Gaulle, exiled to London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahknaton
If the green light was withdrawn before the act, then no, she's not to blame.

That's extremely foolish, but it doesn't mean she "deserves" to be raped, any more than a gullible person "deserves" to be scammed out of their money. That's how sociopaths think.

I agree. Now, I do think women (and men) should use better judgment in general to not put themselves in dangerous positions. That doesn't mean you deserve it, however. Threads like these annoy me since it's clear the guy is just trying to do tuff guy politics but is too much of a sperg to execute that without appearing awkward.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Established member

They deserve it the same way one deserves to be robbed when walking alone in a bad neighbour.

What ticks feminists off is not so much that women who put themselves in a dangerous situation end up getting raped though. What they really cannot stand is the fact it is the natural attractiveness of females that lead to rape when wantonly and carelessly flaunted around. As always, they cannot stand the fact that reality doesn't conform to their relativistic world view. "Why is it always women that get raped" or "Why can't i express my sexuality (I.E., why can't i be a slut), without being assailed constantly by oppressive masculine urges" and so and so forth.

This is also why feminists couldn't care less about women getting raped in third world countries. To fight for that cause wouldn't be very satisfying when their underlying object is to subvert normality and turn every value upside down.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Like de Gaulle, exiled to London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus131
They deserve it the same way one deserves to be robbed when walking alone in a bad neighbour.

What ticks feminists off is not so much that women who put themselves in a dangerous situation end up getting raped though. What they really cannot stand is the fact it is the natural attractiveness of females that lead to rape when wantonly and carelessly flaunted around. As always, they cannot stand the fact that reality doesn't conform to their relativistic world view. "Why is it always women that get raped" or "Why can't i express my sexuality (I.E., why can't i be a slut), without being assailed constantly by oppressive masculine urges" and so and so forth.

This is also why feminists couldn't care less about women getting raped in third world countries. To fight for that cause wouldn't be very satisfying when their underlying object is to subvert normality and turn every value upside down.

You know, between poasts like these and Glenn Miller, I start to question my sanity with poasting on this board...
Old 04-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Distinguished member

Deserve might not be the right word but plenty of women ask for it, sure. We may as well say they deserve it, although that may not be the best way to put it if you want to sound high-brow or "respectable".