The Phora  

Go Back   The Phora > The Academy > Martial Affairs
User Name
Password
Blog Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Martial Affairs The discipline of blood and iron.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Established member

Default Rambo IV: NY Man Defends Home With AK-47

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/...me-with-ak-47/
CBS New York September 7, 2010

Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

Says Many Gang Members Were Coming After His Family

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CBS 2) — He was arrested for protecting his property and family.

But it’s how the Long Island man did it that police say crossed the line.

He got an AK-47 assault rifle, pulled the trigger and he ended up in jail, reports CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

George Grier said he had to use his rifle on Sunday night to stop what he thought was going to be an invasion of his Uniondale home by a gang he thought might have been the vicious “MS-13.” He said the whole deal happened as he was about to drive his cousin home.

“I went around and went into the house, ran upstairs and told my wife to call the police. I get the gun and I go outside and I come into the doorway and now, by this time, they are in the driveway, back here near the house. I tell them, you know, ‘Can you please leave?’ Grier said.

Grier said the five men dared him to use the gun; and that their shouts brought another larger group of gang members in front of his house.

“He starts threatening my family, my life. ‘Oh you’re dead. I’m gonna kill your family and your babies. You’re dead.’ So when he says that, 20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass,” Grier said.

Grier was later arrested. John Lewis is Grier’s attorney.

“What he’s initially charged with – A D felony reckless endangerment — requires a depraved indifference to human life, creating a risk that someone’s going to die. Shooting into a lawn doesn’t create a risk of anybody dying,” Lewis said.

Grier said he knew Nassau County Police employ the hi-tech “ShotSpotter” technology in his area and that the shooting would bring police in minutes. Cops told Guzman he was very cooperative.

Grier also said he was afraid the gang outside his house was the dreaded MS-13. And Nassau County Police Lt. Andrew Mulraine, head of the gang unit, said MS-13 has 2,000 members in the county.

“They’re probably the most organized. They almost have a military hierarchy within the gang, so they are the most organized gang we encounter on a daily basis,” Mulraine said.

You may think a person has the right to defend their home. But the law says you can only use physical force to deter physical force. Grier said he never saw anyone pull out a gun, so a court would have to decide on firing the gun.

Police determined Grier had the gun legally. He has no criminal record. And so he was not charged for the weapon.

That ShotSpotter technology pinpoints where a gun has been fired within 35 feet. Police said it also detected two other shootings in nearby Roosevelt that night.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
hUhLod8pDhU

Welcome to the new Amerika!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6YBQ-w1UQ8 
Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Established member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6YBQ-w1UQ8 
Quote:
Nassau County Police Lt. Andrew Mulraine, head of the gang unit, said MS-13 has 2,000 members in the county.

That's a lot of gang members. Nassau County is not the sort of area I would choose to live in. What's the real estate market like?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Frankenspy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz

Where all the cops can do about occupying Mexican drug armies is keep a running head count, but don't worry - their ticket-writing technology is so advanced, you can't jaywalk without a half-dozen prowl cars rolling up on you sixty seconds later.

Ready? Ok, on three....aand the hooooome....of thaaaa - BRAAAAAAAVE!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Strength Through Hate

Quote:
That ShotSpotter technology pinpoints where a gun has been fired within 35 feet. Police said it also detected two other shootings in nearby Roosevelt that night.
ShotSpotter is next to useless for catching real criminals because most of them don't stick around very long after they shoot someone. But it sure is effective at bringing the pigs to the home of someone who uses a gun to defend his family.

Criminals without badges threaten your property and your life. Criminals with badges threaten your freedom.

"How can they be even considered men, whose whole lives are governed by cast-iron regulations, whose every movement circumscribed and restrained by penal threats, even whose secret thoughts are in a constant state of silent repression? ...

Is it not better to perish than to serve? 'Liberty or death' is not a meaningless phrase. No! It is of tremendous import to those who comprehend.

What is death that it should make cowards of us all? What is life that it should be valued so highly? There are worse things than death, and among them is a life of dishonor. All men lead dishonorable lives who serve a master with hand or brain."

-- Ragnar Redbeard

Don't just complain about the Jewish stranglehold on the US government -- do something about it! Donate generously to the Council for the National Interest and encourage others to do the same.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Established member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler
ShotSpotter is next to useless for catching real criminals because most of them don't stick around very long after they shoot someone. But it sure is effective at bringing the pigs to the home of someone who uses a gun to defend his family.

Criminals without badges threaten your property and your life. Criminals with badges threaten your freedom.

Exactly.

This article should be required study material for our resident "cop groupies".
Old 09-08-2010, 05:39 PM
All hail Pope Yitzhak

Quote:
This article should be required study material for our resident "cop groupies".

Other then Bardamu they are pretty universally despised around here, 95% of cops give the other 5% a bad name.

Il Ragno: The part that happens after you start typing.

"The Crimea is not worth the bones of a single Alabama rifleman"
Old 09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Frankenspy

Wait.

Wait just a second.

Something didn't sit quite right with me; in nearly every story I found on this incident, the phrasing remained consistent: "He was arrested for protecting his property and family"; "he apparently feared for the safety of his wife and two young daughters"; "Grier said he had to use his rifle to stop what was going to be an invasion of his Uniondale home by a gang he thought might have been the vicious MS-13”; and....and...what's this? "A FedEx worker, Grier is the grandson of a local minister and is a church deacon himself."

Awfully respectful behavior by the media towards what has been, for some time now, the New Enemy of Freedom - a homeowner with a gun. Usually they parboil guys like this, and they don't want for the op-eds to do it.

I wonder what's so special about George Grier that they'd be....well....so deferential, and respectful.

Ahhhh. Never mind.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Established member

Well apprehend.

Our impartial media at work.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:04 PM
All hail Pope Yitzhak

Quote:
Originally Posted by il ragno
Wait.

Wait just a second.

Something didn't sit quite right with me; in nearly every story I found on this incident, the phrasing remained consistent: "He was arrested for protecting his property and family"; "he apparently feared for the safety of his wife and two young daughters"; "Grier said he had to use his rifle to stop what was going to be an invasion of his Uniondale home by a gang he thought might have been the vicious MS-13”; and....and...what's this? "A FedEx worker, Grier is the grandson of a local minister and is a church deacon himself."

Awfully respectful behavior by the media towards what has been, for some time now, the New Enemy of Freedom - a homeowner with a gun. Usually they parboil guys like this, and they don't want for the op-eds to do it.

I wonder what's so special about George Grier that they'd be....well....so deferential, and respectful.

He may be black but hes still in the right here.

Ahhhh. Never mind.[/quote]