The Phora  

Go Back   The Phora > The Pub > The Lounge
User Name
Password
Blog Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Lounge Easy and irreverent chat without losing composure.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:50 AM
Banned

Default HBD has turned me into an angry person

Dear phora,

I have become a bitter, resentful, and frustrated person because of hbd. I was born to lower middle class white gentile parents of average intelligence. My father is an alcoholic and I am sure he has some sort of paranoid personality tendencies. Prior to starting high school some seven years ago I lived around other such people and felt that having alcoholics and overweight relatives with just a high school diploma was normal life. That was until I moved to a wealthy suburb(overwhelmingly Jewish) and realized that I was patently inferior to a great many people. My father barely finished trade school and my classmate's father went to Harvard medical school.

I was prole and dull-witted and it ate away at me. At this time I was starting reading articles by Arthur Jensen and Steve Sailer online and realized that my low-class status would persist with me the rest of my life because of my innately lower intelligence. I tried mightily hard in high school, managed to get into a decent state school for college but I see those wealthy upper class(jewish and asian) friends succeed and not I. Ivy league bound peers were witty, the girls wore fashionable clothing, smart, and didn't even seem to work half as hard as I did. I hate these people so much. How can I make friends with people whose parents went to Brown?

Now I am doing fine with my studies but I can see a future and its a replication of the lQ life cycle with ivy league(usually jewish) people being the best and brightest with the most excitement, most prestige in the world. Sitting next to me hs graduation was a black girl six months pregnant with hopes of becoming a dr(ha).

I look at the high IQ people the way avg. income folk look at millionaire actors and actresses with envy.

Make sense?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 AM
postjudiced

What's hbd?

What's your IQ score?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:59 AM
INTJ gone bad

What the fuck is "HBD"?
Old 01-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Banned

"Human biodiversity is an acknowledgment that humans differ from each other in various ways because of our different genotypes. Differences include, but are not limited to, physical appearance, athletic ability, personality, and cognitive abilities."

http://www.halfsigma.com/2009/06/hbd...diversity.html

I have never taken an IQ test. My SAT scores were 1330(math and verbal).

Hbd-human biodiversity. Also hereditarianism.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Established member

I started a reply to you, and it turned in to a long rant (not at you). I've decided to not post that one. haha.

Simply put - you just might be in the wrong field of study, which will have you in the wrong field of work, which will have you in the wrong work environment, around the wrong co-workers and work culture, which could make your job completely un-enjoyable and your career stagnate. Maybe associate with and/or learn to 'admire' a different sort of people and ideals.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 AM
I've never forgotten him.

I can relate to the OP. My lack of career success, in comparison to my peers, is slowly draining the life out of me too.

It's tempting to attribute it to ethnic/genetic destiny (in fact, that might make it easier) but doing so may be off the mark. Many of the people in my direct and indirect circles who are doing well are of the same ethnic stock... some are even blood relatives for that matter: Tech entrepreneurs, CTOs at fair-sized companies, partners at accounting firms, doctors, a bigwig at a securities firm...
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Established member

Yeah, family .. peer pressure can be rough. My family doesn't even high expectations and I still managed to disappoint them. lol
Old 01-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I've never forgotten him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal
Yeah, family .. peer pressure can be rough. My family doesn't even high expectations and I still managed to disappoint them. lol
Girls aren't really situated on a competitive axis. It's OK for them to just sit there and... exist.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Established member

It must suck to think about these things all the time. I suggest that you stop. When the thought comes up, just think to yourself, "this thought is harmful to me and I gain nothing by harboring it." This requires a good deal of self-awareness and discipline, but eventually you can rid yourself of these negative thinking patterns. I suggest meditation as means to gain the kind of awareness you'll need.

Here are some basic instructions: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/a...ro/guided.html

I'd also recommend building your self-esteem through generosity and virtue. Alter your skewed values so that moral qualities take the highest priority in your life.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Banned

Thanks for the replies.

Right now I am in college and so far have managed to do well in my courses(Im a pharmacy student). I look on facebook sometimes and talk with others to see what they are up to-and well I must say I still feel unsatisfactory. I suppose these thoughts are normal and that even elite students at Cornell or MIT suffer from inferiority complexes or stress.

Building self-esteem from moral virtue is intriguing. I'm not sure how I will go about doing that though.

EDIT:
I really shouldn't say angry person either. Im more of a glum pessimist, and feel like life is incomplete without recognition from peers.