The Phora  

Go Back   The Phora > The Academy > Miscellaneous
User Name
Password
Blog Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Discuss topics that don't fit into any specific forum.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Not A Serious Poster

Default Study Finds That Sexual Competition Causes Jealousy and Envy More to Women than to Me

Study Finds That Sexual Competition Causes Jealousy and Envy More to Women than to Men
Posted on May 5, 2012

Well, whaddya know? Looks like the boffins are finally catching up with sexual trade union theory, as well as basic common sense. No, really, cultural marxism explains everything about feminism (sarcasm).

http://www.counselheal.com/articles/...more-women.htm
Sexual competition affects women more than men in raising jealousy and envy in a work environment, according to a recent study.

The study of analyzing the differences between men and women in feeling jealous and envious was published in the journal Revista de Psicología Sociai by a group of researchers from universities in Valencia, Spain, Groningen, Netherlands, and Palermo, Argentina. Women are more likely to feel jealous and envy in a sexual competition than men, while social skills provoked men and women equally.

“Women with a high level of intrasexual competition are more jealous if the rival is more attractive and more envious if the rival is more powerful and dominating. They did not get any results in men, as no rival characteristics that provoke jealousy or envy predicted intrasexual competition,” co-author Rosario Zurriaga at University of Valencia told Servico de Información y Noticias Científicas (SINC).

Intrasexual competition, as the study defined, is a competition between same sex people trying to keep access to the opposite sex. The group of researchers distributed questionnaires to around 200 people and chose 114 as the sample for the exploratory study. The sample was 50 percent men and 50 percent women, and they had an average age of 36 years and spent 11 years in their current employment.

The studied defined jealously as “a threat or loss of success in a relationship due to interference from a rival and implies a loss or threat of loss of what they had” and envy as “a response to another person who has success, skills, or qualities that they desire and involves a lack in comparison to the envied person”.

Sexual competition made women feel jealous and envious more so than men. Rival’s social skills, however, provoked both men and women equally.

“Our research intends to clarify the role of emotions like envy and jealousy at work. These feelings have not been studied in working contexts and can cause stress in workers and negatively affect the quality of working life,” said the researcher.

“This is one of the first studies that examines rivals’ characteristics in this environment and contributes to a better understanding of conflicts and problems that can occur in working relationships,” they said.

The study implied that in order to prevent the negative effects, they should modify aspects such as the perception of threat, loss, or comparison with others at work.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:44 AM
All hail Pope Yitzhak

Im a sperg and this has been obvious to me since early high school at least.

Il Ragno: The part that happens after you start typing.

"The Crimea is not worth the bones of a single Alabama rifleman"
Old 05-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Don't Mention Griddlebone

Men don't really compete with other men for women, for the most part. Pursuing women is more like a solitary sport (such as archery), where one primarily competes against one's self, as it were.* There are always 'X' number of single, available women that meet the specifications of anyone who doesn't have ridiculously specific tastes. One's ability to successfully woo one of these women to one's side is almost entirely a product of one's self, and has very little to do with what other men do or do not do, in the vast majority of cases. Men seem to instinctively understand this, and behave accordingly. I think its much the same for women, but they simply don't realize it...and thus they behave in the manner they do.

*I realize there is such a thing as competitive archery meets and the like, but I think you know what I mean.

If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong though. It's Hambone.” --Jack Handey
Old 05-12-2012, 06:56 AM
All hail Pope Yitzhak

Women generally want a few alpha males (I find the biggest exception seems to be bipolar girls and girls with symptoms of what would be called borderline personality disorder... ive had some success with them in the past couple of years... though generally a switch goes off and they hate you later for almost no reason) and are relatively disinterested in middling and low status ones).

As such they are more competitive with each other over this.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Britney Hitler

Men wants to have sex with all women. All women want to have sex with the same man. The only solution for women is to accept polygamy.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Don't Mention Griddlebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuneX2
Men wants to have sex with all women. All women want to have sex with the same man. The only solution for women is to accept polygamy.

That is not a good solution for most men, however.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Britney Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Featherston
That is not a good solution for most men, however.
No. It is a general misconception that polygamy has been abolished to free women. In reality it is a system that is most detrimental for men.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Established member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuneX2
No. It is a general misconception that polygamy has been abolished to free women. In reality it is a system that is most detrimental for men.
Steve Sailer wrote an article in this subject:

http://www.isteve.com/2002_Problem_with_Polygamy.htm

Quote:
But who's missing from this picture? Isn't there somebody else affected? This reporter, like all I've seen since him, forgot the existence of the people who were most definitely damaged by polygamy: namely, the 149 guys who didn't get a wife at all because Mr. Marriage-Minded had married 150. I have been looking in vain for 20 years for an article about polygamy that mentioned that for one man to take a second wife means, in the normal course of things, that another man will get no wife at all.

I have come to believe that this blind spot stems from it being virtually impossible for a man to imagine himself as one of the 149 losers, rather than the one big winner. He might prefer one wife to 150, but his male ego can't allow him to identify with all the men who end up rejected and alone. This psychological quirk creates a reality distortion field in the heads of men.